Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,052
    edited December 2022
    Options
    MasterC said:
    What's the flag on tied to the tail for?
    Tail bag, it keeps them from rubbing their tails out, other horses eating the tails, and keeps the tails from getting sun bleached, damaged, dirty, and knotted.  Basically to help them grow longer healthier and better looking tails.

The manes will be braided for similar reasons.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    SGH said:
    Taking advantage of the cool weather. Breaking in the new portable smokehouse. Well it’s portable if you have a tractor 👍

That John Deere is not aging well. . . I love the smokehouse!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @ozzie_isaac

What a let down. Was really hoping these were LED lights on the tail. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    Getting ideas....

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    That John Deere is not aging well. . . 
    I got Big John stored away for the winter. Will have it back out next week when it’s back up in the high 80’s 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Oh my.  Oh my.  Oh my.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    lkapigian said:

Love the hungry hussey shirt!  I have no words for the rest. No words....
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    lkapigian said:

Love the hungry hussey shirt!  I have no words for the rest. No words....
    Was messaging Matt yesterday , he broke in his me Lonestar  yesterday 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

The look of pure mischief……only took 36 hours for my wife to completely spoil him
    Aww, that face deserves spoiling.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,649
    Options

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    For those of you who frequent Asheville, Tupelo Honey opened a sister store in Columbus.  No steak on the menu but the shrimp and grits are the best I have had.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    For those of you who frequent Asheville, Tupelo Honey opened a sister store in Columbus.  No steak on the menu but the shrimp and grits are the best I have had.
    And just like that, there is now something worth visiting Columbus for…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I’ve been to Durham brah…
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I’ve been to Durham brah…
    Haha it’s a very different place than when you were here last.  

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I like how they lumped Durham in with Raleigh... finger on the scales much? Seriously though I am sure Durham is getting better, it is surrounded by great booming communities and working people are surely snatching up the affordable housing.
      To your earlier comment though I can't see any reason why someone would set out to visit Durham, or Cbus.  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Universities excluded.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I like how they lumped Durham in with Raleigh... finger on the scales much? Seriously though I am sure Durham is getting better, it is surrounded by great booming communities and working people are surely snatching up the affordable housing.
      To your earlier comment though I can't see any reason why someone would set out to visit Durham, or Cbus.  
    What’s funny is that I much prefer living in Durham to Raleigh.  We have better restaurants, and the Performing Arts Center downtown is a gem.  

But I agree it’s not really a place people think to make a special trip to see.  It’s not like Sonoma or DC.  And I am totally OK with that.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    As for affordable housing, well…

When we bought our current place about ten years ago, nice homes in the area were selling for about $105 per sq ft.  Now it’s more than twice that.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,619
    Options
    I used to visit Durham for work starting 25+ years ago.  It’s probably been 6-7 years since I’ve been there, but in that timespan the downtown had a significant transformation for the better.  Super walkable as I recall and some great bars and restaurants.  Not as college-y as Chapel Hill and more relaxed than Raleigh, as I remember it.

I don’t think I’ve ever been to Ohio tbh. I did fly into Cincinnati for work, but the airport and the office were both on the Kentucky side of the river.

I am a little shocked at how high San Jose landed on that list though, but every website has their own ranking algorithms.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just finished adding anti-freeze to all the vehicles and covering the water spigots with the foam covers. 

Also used that time to covertly add colored lights around the front porch railings. Waiting to see how long it takes for my girlfriend to notice.. she HATES colored lights.. and she also dislikes “redneck Christmas decor”… ie porches outlined in lights…

B) 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    What’s funny is that I much prefer living in Durham to Raleigh.  We have better restaurants, and the Performing Arts Center downtown is a gem.  

But I agree it’s not really a place people think to make a special trip to see.  It’s not like Sonoma or DC.  And I am totally OK with that.
    My nephew has a full ride to Campbell starting this fall, I can't wait to see what has changed in downtown Lillington lol.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

My nephew has a full ride to Campbell starting this fall, I can't wait to see what has changed in downtown Lillington lol.
    Never visited either.  Just googled Lillington and... population 3600.  LOL indeed. I bet it's a budding metropolis!
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I am going to sous vide some steaks tonight and sear in cast iron pan. going for medium rare should I sous vide at 129 and not worry about the sear (30 seconds per side roughly) further cooking the steak of dial down the sous vide?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    I am going to sous vide some steaks tonight and sear in cast iron pan. going for medium rare should I sous vide at 129 and not worry about the sear (30 seconds per side roughly) further cooking the steak of dial down the sous vide?

if 129 works for you, do that and chill the steak a little before the sear
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @alaskanassasin

Probably in the minority here, but I generally shy away from cast iron for the sear after sous vide because I find it cooks the steak more than I’d like. My MO is generally to sous vide at 127 and then torch for the finish to give me a nice Med rare. If searing in a pan, I would further lowering the heat on the SV.