Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    This week is almost over! I should put bourbon in the cup

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    if i sold my house it would have to be this time of year....all the doors close
    I just take as many doors off as possible.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    While on temperatures (cold) and the home heat near constantly running, don't forget to oil your wood cutting boards.  I use a food safe mineral oil and hit all exposed surfaces around monthly.  FWIW-
    Great PSA right there. I do mine maybe three times a year, and it’s not nearly enough. 

What’s cold where you are? I would think the brown water would provide enough heat. 

Just saw that we’ll be hitting -35F overnight tomorrow. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    While on temperatures (cold) and the home heat near constantly running, don't forget to oil your wood cutting boards.  I use a food safe mineral oil and hit all exposed surfaces around monthly.  FWIW-
    Great PSA right there. I do mine maybe three times a year, and it’s not nearly enough. 

What’s cold where you are? I would think the brown water would provide enough heat. 

You fat fingered your response.  Surely you meant +35F
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:

You fat fingered your response.  Surely you meant +35F
    Not a chance, my fair weather friend. 

And I’ll have you know that I have long, slender fingers (and very elegant ones at that, if I might add).
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    This week is almost over! I should put bourbon in the cup

Hope you are a right-hander. Otherwise, you’ll have to go to the Leftorium and procure yourself the LH version for the desired effect. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Okay, I waited long enough. (My friends sent this first thing this morning.  A bunch of heartless a-holes if you ask me)

I coulda gone the rest of my life without that.  But on the flip side I can appreciate the recognition.  So, I am of two minds with the above but that is not interrupting the music or bourbon flow.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    yep

I really like this deal.  My only complaint would be the sealer bar is in tha back near the vacuum pickup.  Not that big a deal but you lose the buffer of distance if you get a “foamer”.  .
    Options
    Also, changing the settings is a little easier and they are more visible than the vacmaster
    Options
    yep

Beauty, even has single seal option! I would like to see the emergency stop button in red though.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    I really like this deal.  My only complaint would be the sealer bar is in tha back near the vacuum pickup.  Not that big a deal but you lose the buffer of distance if you get a “foamer”.  .
    Agree, also...
    1) Even with the seal bar in front, sometimes I find it challenging to position and smooth out the bag opening over the seal bar, when sealing bulky item or bag is too full.
    2) When sealing contents with liquid I can watch the front closely and hit the emergency stop as soon as I see the foaming bubbles approach the seal bar.
    canuckland
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Well, four different guys showed up today. Now the shower looks like this:

The area where you see insulation was an incorrectly built bench seat. It was a wood frame affair that wasn't even made with PT wood. It will be replaced with filled concrete blocks and waterproofed correctly. 

Tile guy came in with some major tools to remove tile and mortar.

The outside of the shower, you can just see the door frame and threshold.  It leads outside to the deck and spa.

There was a cabinet here.

Toilet and sink area.

SWMBO's make up area.

And her closet. No work until Monday. I get to spend the weekend dusting again, and again.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @SamIAm2 Did they install dowels in the old slab walls to keep the repair from falling out of plane with the existing slab?
    edited January 2022
    Options
    You need your own thread for this @SamIAm2

"Paying a lot of money for a project that you can't tell we did after completion - how I do it"

On my sewer project... quote just came in from Township.  70k for the privilege of connecting but first I have to work with EPA as the line would run through a "wetland"

Give me a break... the land wasn't wet until you allowed all the development in the area that directs all runoff towards it.  

The Township subs all brain-work to a private company so we have a little three way going. 

They won't let me connect my lateral to another sewer line I paid for.... for our business on the adjoining parcel.  

Smh.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    kl8ton said:

"Paying a lot of money for a project that you can't tell we did after completion - how I do it"

On my sewer project... quote just came in from Township.  70k for the privilege of connecting but first I have to work with EPA as the line would run through a "wetland"

Give me a break... the land wasn't wet until you allowed all the development in the area that directs all runoff towards it.  

The Township subs all brain-work to a private company so we have a little three way going. 

They won't let me connect my lateral to another sewer line I paid for.... for our business on the adjoining parcel.  

Smh.

Suing them often greases the bureaucratic wheels on these types of processes.  Just make sure you have the current deal in writing so they don't try to retaliate by bending you over farther if the suit fails.  This is where it pays to have lawyers as friends.  Sometimes just the threat of a suit will help out.  

lkapigian said:
    Just realized I joined this place 8 years ago this month ! I really appreciate my dysfunctional online family and all the close friends I have made here

Cheers 
    We love you too, Larry! Always a positive comment, a great cook, or a dirty joke! 

Happy 8th!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Just realized I joined this place 8 years ago this month ! I really appreciate my dysfunctional online family and all the close friends I have made here

Cheers 
    You have definitely elevated the broad range of skills offered here.  The talented and focused have learned a whole lot from your willingness to share.  
    The rest of us just appreciate your skills, inputs and encouragement,  But I would be remiss if I failed to mention the occasional pics of the private jet rides.   
    Stay healthy and safe out there- =)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @SamIAm2 Did they install dowels in the old slab walls to keep the repair from falling out of plane with the existing slab?
    @nolaegghead - exterior walls are concrete block tied in to original slab with rebar then filled with concrete. Interior walls are wood frame. What are these dowels you speak of?

@kl8ton - Hah that's funny, kind of like Travis' Brisket - how I do it! Probably could have put it in the off topic area as it's own thread but who would see it? It was what I was doing, just not right now. 

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 2022
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Smh.

This is the plot to the documentary "Tread".  Which is definitely worth the watch.

https://youtu.be/cWSJ4_WtCoE
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    @nolaegghead - exterior walls are concrete block tied in to original slab with rebar then filled with concrete. Interior walls are wood frame. What are these dowels you speak of?

@kl8ton - Hah that's funny, kind of like Travis' Brisket - how I do it! Probably could have put it in the off topic area as it's own thread but who would see it? It was what I was doing, just not right now. 

I’m talking about the edges of your existing slab.  Typically holes are drilled in the sides of the old slab and rebar or dowels are inserted so the newly poured slab sections are tied to the old slab and don’t sink.

see #3 answer here 

https://www.doityourself.com/forum/bricks-masonry-cinder-block-paving-walking-stones-asphalt-concrete/582630-concrete-backfill-slab-after-plumbing-repair.html

Options
    Planet of the Apes has begun. 

Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options

They’ve got a tough time ahead of them, as it was 11 deg F here this morning. Maybe we should put the little girl in charge anyway?

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Kayak said:

They’ve got a tough time ahead of them, as it was 11 deg F here this morning. Maybe we should put the little girl in charge anyway?
    It depends if these are pre or post super power serum test monkeys.