Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Eoin said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Waiting on the call from the owner of the Ford dealership, he called last night saying our Bronco came in. Todays call will 100% confirm. Wife is pumped
    Awesome!!  Looking forward to some pictures.

Looks like what the new LR Defender should look like, rather than the monstrosity it is.
    Agreed that LR missed the mark on the 90 and the 110. They’re nice (buddy’s MIL has one) but not for that price tag
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Sorry, I meant "Land Rover".  I'm dyslexic.
    Yes, looks like the old style Defender.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac. Could you not go up into the ceiling/attic with one of those retractable drop down space saver platform lifts? Don’t give up on adding more kitchen appliances 😂
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Booking a trip for work. To New York. In the Middle of Winter. What the hell am I thinking.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 - I recall  (depending on where in the state) NYS fared much better than Texas last winter regarding hammered by cold weather.
    But YMMV will vary in 2022.  Enjoy wherever you end up in the state.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Booking a trip for work. To New York. In the Middle of Winter. What the hell am I thinking.
    Bring gloves.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Legume said:

Personally, I always just thought these contraptions were a front for the BDSM community. Nice try, Fleximounts. Nice try. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,296
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @SamIAm2

That must be more satisfying than words can describe. Congrats on having the finish line within your sights. Here’s to resuming normal life - or at least as “normal” as things can be deemed in the pandemic. 

Edit: Whenever you tire or vacuuming, just think of me - I do it daily and have no active construction projects. 😉
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    billt01 said:

Look everyone…imaginary trees on a fake truck

theres enough logs there to build a really big imaginary pavilion

30x40 Meadowlark Log Pavilion

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Day four of Cast Iron pipe removal. After the long weekend 4 guys with buckets and two wheel barrows and a whole lot of bags of concrete mix showed up at 4:00 pm. Going to do some before and after shots to make understanding what happened simpler, I hope. The concrete work was done in a little over one hour.
    Shower Before:

Shower After:
    Detail of shower drain pipe:

Bathroom toilet piping Before:

Bathroom toilet piping After:

SWMBO Makeup area Before:
    SWMBO Makeup area After:

Closet Before:
    Closet After:
    Bedroom Before:

Bedroom After:

Carpet protection:
    All gone. I didn't show all the pictures of the carpet protection. The area of the bedroom had a large cardboard box that held a whole house generator my egging neighbor kept for me after he upgraded his old one. Rolled up sections the paper individually to keep sugar sand in the paper and placed in trash for pickup on Saturday. 

The cardboard was cut in strips narrow enough to go between deck framing and underneath the vinyl decking in the spa area. Keeps the weeds from coming up between the planks. 

Thorough vacuuming in all the carpet areas. I am beat. Still dealing with dust on all surfaces but it is just nice to have the worst of the disruption over. Think the city inspector will be making a visit tomorrow or Friday, Then the tile guy can come in. Those pictures will be later.

pretty sure up here the inspector would make us pull out the rest of the shower floor and more for a multi layer shower pan install. maybe more to avoid freezing under the shower if there were a small leak down the road. that would have been another 5 or so grand
    fukahwee maine

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    edited January 2022
    Options
    billt01 said:

I see the tickets on Tuesday but I believe there were 15 or 20 of those loads..

about half enough timber to offset the cost to Stump, rake, grade, and seed with Bermuda hay..

Barn to start hopefully in 3 months to move in by Thanksgiving, the house to be built next year..trying to wait on some prices to dip before building..

the barn will be built as a Barndo...

We want to keep an eye on things while we build the house, as some people will steal a box of screws nowadays..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• FarmingPhD
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

about half enough timber to offset the cost to Stump, rake, grade, and seed with Bermuda hay..

Barn to start hopefully in 3 months to move in by Thanksgiving, the house to be built next year..trying to wait on some prices to dip before building..

We want to keep an eye on things while we build the house, as some people will steal a box of screws nowadays..
    You building a barn or a shed? If it’s a shed, you sir are building a shouse.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

I really dig Barndomindiums.  If I were starting over I would seriously consider that as the permanent solution.  We have an NFL player near me who built an epic one as a house/winter workout facility.  His dad owns a company back east that builds them, so he brought his crew out to AZ and built an enormous one.  It was a pretty big fight with the town and neighbors due to zoning, style, size, etc.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

I really dig Barndomindiums.  If I were starting over I would seriously consider that as the permanent solution.  We have an NFL player near me who built an epic one as a house/winter workout facility.  His dad owns a company back east that builds them, so he brought his crew out to AZ and built an enormous one.  It was a pretty big fight with the town and neighbors due to zoning, style, size, etc.

never heard of the term.  does the cleaning lady clean the first floor

A barndominium exterior with a horse and donkey in a pen in the front

fukahwee maine

• AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    billt01 said:

Didn't all of this "imaginary" stuff start when you posted a picture of a newly-built house without any comment or context in the "what are you buying now" thread?  I'm not sure I'd keep reminding people of that, but then I do live under a bridge so what do I know.  
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    billt01 said:

Didn't all of this "imaginary" stuff start when you posted a picture of a newly-built house without any comment or context in the "what are you buying now" thread?  I'm not sure I'd keep reminding people of that, but then I do live under a bridge so what do I know.  

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Sitting in a ground blind with my son on his 16th birthday. Off to the DMV after the morning hunt.
    Very cool way to celebrate with your son.  Good luck on the hunt and at the DMV.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    As satisfied as he was looking I figured that he had the treat thief taken care of and buried in a pile of kitty litter.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    As satisfied as he was looking I figured that he had the treat thief taken care of and buried in a pile of kitty litter.
    I hope that's true

Options
    Plugged in an electric blanket and…
    You should get him a Starkink dish.  Apparently they are the preferred bed for cats 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Plugged in an electric blanket and…
    You should get him a Starkink dish.  Apparently they are the preferred bed for cats 
    I heard.  I suspect there's a heater built in as they probably wouldn't work very well filled with snow and ice

Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

Please keep us update as some of us want to follow this. We want to build one out at one of our farms in the next 5 years. We are just now starting our research. Who are you having build it?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Still have what?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX