Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,195
    Options
    First time for us getting hit by a porch pirate.

https://ring.com/share/52c1a4ca-6533-4f32-8792-a3fb54ff9b07
    That sucks!  Hopefully the items are replaceable and not time sensitive.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Two containers of cat treats under 20 bucks total.  Not a big deal.
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Trying to figure out if I have room for a chamber vacuum sealer.

Build a shelf above those stock pots....

Does your wife park in an attached garage?   Parking outside allows her to breathe fresh air before going on a drive...
    Being considerate and finding more room for cooking stuff. Win-win.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Your chamber sealer will weigh around 80-100 pounds.  It needs a permanent location or be mobile on a cart.  I've moved mine a few times and it almost takes two people unless you aren't worried about a hernia.  As a result, ours sits in a permanent location.  You will use it almost daily or at least a couple times a week unless you don't buy food in bulk and don't save leftovers.

Glad to hear it wasn't anything valuable, but do you have any idea who that is?  Just some rando?  I just hate the feeling of being violated like that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,461
    Options
    Waiting on the call from the owner of the Ford dealership, he called last night saying our Bronco came in. Todays call will 100% confirm. Wife is pumped
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,674
    Options
    Wondering how this playground equipment got approved:

Curious as to how you came (pun intended) across this. Is that where you spend your free time, John?
    The internet is kind of a weird and wild place man, you should check it out sometime.  
    Ever since I disabled Facebook tracking, stopped using Google (and started using DucksDucksGo), enabled some privacy protection in my phone, I am getting WEIRD advertisements on the interweb… I swear I am being punished. 🤣😂

Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Waiting on the call from the owner of the Ford dealership, he called last night saying our Bronco came in. Todays call will 100% confirm. Wife is pumped
    Awesome!!  Looking forward to some pictures.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options

all that wasted space over the stock pots, do you really need to ask
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

I think my very first suggestion would be to eliminate some of those cans of cranberry sauce. Who really needs three cans post-Thanksgiving and Christmas?
  • fishlessman
    Options

I think my very first suggestion would be to eliminate some of those cans of cranberry sauce. Who really needs three cans post-Thanksgiving and Christmas?

i eliminated that problem years ago when i planted cranberries in a small bogg on the property. i have zip zero space, foodsaver is in the window, slicer on the kitchen table with the sousvide, kitchenade mixer is under the kitchen table =) the rest is taking space in the coatroom
    fukahwee maine

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,358
    Options

My wife. A turkey sandwich cannot be made without cranberry sauce and avocado added :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Build a shelf above those stock pots....

Does your wife park in an attached garage?   Parking outside allows her to breathe fresh air before going on a drive...
    I added those wire shelves a few weeks ago to gain some more storage.  They are actually two 3 wire shelves stacked on top of each other.  Needed to make some braces so they could be stacked.  I do like the idea of a solo cup dispenser.

There is no way my wife would park outside.  She lets me get away with a lot, but disrupting her parking space is not happening.

Those shelves are fantastic. I had two of those but bigger in our old house. Plus we also had two of these. https://smile.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Bakers-Rack-Wood-Chrome/dp/B073P1V6HR/ref=mp_s_a_1_44?crid=15F208M5LE9VJ&keywords=pantry+metal+rack+with+cutting+board&pscroll=1&qid=1642599969&sprefix=pantry+metal+rack+with+cutting+board%2Caps%2C98&sr=8-44&wIndexMainSlot=69

We loved them so much we added them to the girls play room for extra storage. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,370
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

My wife. A turkey sandwich cannot be made without cranberry sauce and avocado added :)
    Cranberry and avocado seems like a bit of an odd combo. My favorite sandwich from our sandwich place is turkey, stuffing and cranberry. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,370
    Options
    I would urge you to still file a report and send the video in. Maybe it can be tied to something larger. Just before Christmas I caught a couple of tweekers who where going around porch pirating. Upon a little further investigation it was determined that they were getting addresses of deliveries from their dealer who was working with a driver. They would go behind the delivery driver and pick up all of his deliveries and then the plan was to meet up with the dealer and unload the stolen packages. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    Options

maybe they were hungry
    fukahwee maine

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    For an elevated post-celebration turkey sandwich, the stuffing needs to be pressed into a hot waffle iron, thereby creating a crunchy, flavourful “bread” for the delicious contents. 😃
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I would urge you to still file a report and send the video in. Maybe it can be tied to something larger. Just before Christmas I caught a couple of tweekers who where going around porch pirating. Upon a little further investigation it was determined that they were getting addresses of deliveries from their dealer who was working with a driver. They would go behind the delivery driver and pick up all of his deliveries and then the plan was to meet up with the dealer and unload the stolen packages. 
    Probably a good idea.

Options

Glad to hear it wasn't anything valuable, but do you have any idea who that is?  Just some rando?  I just hate the feeling of being violated like that.
    No idea.  I discovered my other camera system isn't saving anything recorded. I did realize hurricane Ida knocked out half of the cameras.  A good takeaway is realizing I need to do some work on that surveillance system, which is high enough res/low light where I could have possibly gotten a good picture.

I have a decoy box out there right now, and I work 10 feet from the front door.  I'm going to work in my running shoes today.

Options
    Tell that stripped cat that someone has been stealing the cat treats. After he crushes their skull he will drag them up a tree for the buzzards.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,591
    Options
    Your chamber sealer will weigh around 80-100 pounds.  It needs a permanent location or be mobile on a cart.  I've moved mine a few times and it almost takes two people unless you aren't worried about a hernia.  As a result, ours sits in a permanent location.  You will use it almost daily or at least a couple times a week unless you don't buy food in bulk and don't save leftovers.
    Couldn't agree more. I use a mobile ss cart for chamber sealer, commercial scale and toaster oven. The sealer and scale are indispensable for us. I raise the sealer on wood blocks to change pump oil in place, no fun getting hernia like nola said. Due to small kitchen the cart sits in dining room, makes good conversation piece  :) 

Time flies, just realised I bought the vp215 back in 2014 even after watching Little Steven in action with his hot soup demo  =)  Even at $1000 I'm guessing I've recuperated at least half the purchase price in bag saving$, can't put a price on all the intangibles though. 

At Vevor's price point it's a no brainer imo.

canuckland
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Tell that stripped cat that someone has been stealing the cat treats. After he crushes their skull he will drag them up a tree for the buzzards.
    He will definitely f*ck up any interloper cat that wanders into his realm and steals his treats.  He's a fighting machine (as our vet bills have shown us over and over) ;)

Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Nice!!  Congratulations, I think Ford nailed it with this.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

really nice looking with the soft top, have seen quite a few hard tops lately but that makes the difference
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @ColbyLang Sweet!  I like it.  If I wasn't so cheap/poor I'd strongly consider one, but I'm holding out for an electric and my 2006 Ram is in great shape still.

Looks kind of like a Range Rover (except probably/hopefully doesn't break down every 500 miles).... =)
    Options
    @ColbyLang Sweet!  I like it.  If I wasn't so cheap/poor I'd strongly consider one, but I'm holding out for an electric and my 2006 Ram is in great shape still.

Looks kind of like a Range Rover (except probably/hopefully doesn't break down every 500 miles).... =)

if you want my dodge you can have it, every things new and been replaced except the broken frame and tired motor. surprised i got  a 127k miles on it in 30 years on that slug of a motor.....  purrs real nice....tic tic tic tic tic tic
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Looks like what the new LR Defender should look like, rather than the monstrosity it is.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Sorry, I meant "Land Rover".  I'm dyslexic.