Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Defeating dead man’s lever on the mower.  By the power of purple bungee I am mightier than machine. 

Reminds me of this.. 
    Inherited this supposedly dead mower from someone, turned out all it needs is a string to keep the choke in open position at startup.

canuckland
  • Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Relaxing. Worked 6 out of the past 7 days ...14 hours plus per day...got off yesterday morning @830 am  replaced the headlights in the girlfriend's kids car. 
    Drove home..did an hour of jiujitsu..laundry and stir fried some chicken. Before passing out..

Got up @ 5 this morning went down do the local duck club for a work day. Found some remnants from arrow heads....

Now about to soak aching muscles and relax....I feel some decoy carving in my future this afternoon 
    Dude!  My muscles are sore from just reading this.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Defeating dead man’s lever on the mower.  By the power of purple bungee I am mightier than machine. 

Reminds me of this.. 
    Inherited this supposedly dead mower from someone, turned out all it needs is a string to keep the choke in open position at startup.

Once in 1980 my throttle wire broke on the highway in Birmingham Alabama. I tied it together with a shoe lace and made it back to work before I was late.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Foghorn
    Getting ready for all you can eat catfish 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,296
    edited July 2021
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Foghorn

Did you get that at Anu’s?! 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Foghorn

"Mommy, why is that man writing "anus" on his plate with ketchup?"
    "Just keep walking Sally...just... keep... walking."
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    SGH said:
    @Foghorn

"Mommy, why is that man writing "anus" on his plate with ketchup?"
    "Just keep walking Sally...just... keep... walking."
    And why does he keep looking at the tail end of all of those catfish before he eats them?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    Options
    A fine meal dedicated to my rectally challenged friends @nolaegghead & @Foghorn

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    @SGH and @catfish are both bottom feeders.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Right back at ya @SGH last night here. Next stop somewhere in TN. My diet really went to hell this week 😎

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just scanning the news.

When I saw this….

All I could think of was this….

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Took the kiddos camping for the weekend. Getting the fire ready for s'mores. Funny side note, Guy across from us just bought a brand new minimax and brought it with him so I showed him the ropes.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    UFC fight night. Just watched Greg Hardy get put to sleep. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy. 

Las Vegas, NV

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Took the kiddos camping for the weekend. Getting the fire ready for s'mores. Funny side note, Guy across from us just bought a brand new minimax and brought it with him so I showed him the ropes.

Tent camping this time of year? I'd die if I tried to sleep outside in this heat.  
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Tent camping this time of year? I'd die if I tried to sleep outside in this heat.  
    Don’t forget the mosquitoes!
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    SonVolt said:

No way. Camper with in-laws.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Debating whether or not to cart all my office stuff (monitors, etc.) from my home office back into school today.  It’s got to happen at some point, but I’m not terribly excited about it.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Debating whether or not to cart all my office stuff (monitors, etc.) from my home office back into school today.  It’s got to happen at some point, but I’m not terribly excited about it.  
    How’s the debate going?  Are you winning?
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    SGH said:
    A fine meal dedicated to my rectally challenged friends @nolaegghead & @Foghorn
    I'm not sure what that means - but at least I'm in good company.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    Options
    There is a lot of anuses there that can be harvested if a man has the proper drive and dedication. 

Status- Standing by.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Can’t you make students do it as an internship?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Buddy of mine dropped by my shop and installed a mesh network.  I had helped him with various things in the past and he was returning the favors...there were some dead areas in the shop because the metal walls.  All fixed.
    CPFC1905 said:
    Got the eating out the way and started the drinking.  One hour to go...

First go at home made smash burgers.  Good crust from the plancha but meat was a little light on seasoning.  Smoked streaky under the steak weight for the win. 

Thanks to @Stormbringer for the pork chorizo recipe.  Mine were no way as elegant - but a good option over the standard beef. 

And 100% Grandson approved. 

Beautiful food, family and setting. Where in the UK are you located? 

Had a great, extended trip to Bourton-on-the-Water and London a few years back (mix of business and pleasure). Hope to get back your way soon. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Legume said:
    How’s the debate going?  Are you winning?
    I ended up going in.  I brought everything into the office and set up shop again, and managed to get some work done.  It all feels a little strange after not being in for more than a year.

I think that means I lost, I’m not sure.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options

Beautiful food, family and setting. Where in the UK are you located? 

Had a great, extended trip to Bourton-on-the-Water and London a few years back (mix of business and pleasure). Hope to get back your way soon. 
    Thanks.  
    We're in the Chilterns, which is an hour from Bourton, so the other side of Oxford & nearer to London. We hope to end up somewhere near Bourton, or maybe even further West.  

Look out for Clarkson's Farm on Amazon, that will remind you even more of that area. 

There's a handful of us Brits on here, so if you do plan another trip - you'll be amongst friends. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    Take some of that new NSF grant money and buy a new set for the office, now you are set up at work and home.  Problem solving is easier with someone else’s money.
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    Visiting family and putting together material for a continuing professional development workshop I said I would help lead 9 months ago.  Ink is going to still be wet on this when We start the event.