Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bangor307
    bangor307 Posts: 139
    Options
    Long, but interesting read if you are into constitutional law especially as it pertains to recent events.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1449224/
    That is a great story Sir: Not a big fan of the NIH (I worked with them for years) but the history and present day perspective gives pause for thought. 

It didn't get much attention when you posted it but thought I'd see if the folks who like to nanny us here read it and understand it... yeah who am I kidding!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    Cutting up and burning stuff

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    edited May 2020
    Options
    bangor307 said:
    Long, but interesting read if you are into constitutional law especially as it pertains to recent events.

That is a great story Sir: Not a big fan of the NIH (I worked with them for years) but the history and present day perspective gives pause for thought. 

It didn't get much attention when you posted it but thought I'd see if the folks who like to nanny us here read it and understand it... yeah who am I kidding!

Was a good read and if it had been posted in a different thread (we generally try to keep heated political subjects out of this thread) might well have sparked some serious discussion.
    Articles like that that highlight SCOTUS decisions of the past shows that rather than some immutable, bedrock concepts of liberty, we have a system amenable to and subject to the "whims of the day".
    In any case, wrong thread for this.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    bangor307 said:

Was a good read and if it had been posted in a different thread (we generally try to keep heated political subjects out of this thread) might well have sparked some serious discussion.
    Articles like that that highlight SCOTUS decisions of the past shows that rather than some immutable, bedrock concepts of liberty, we have a system amenable to and subject to the "whims of the day".

Judicial precedent isn't really political, but ok.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Horse shows, rodeos, and races are finally starting back up.  I have saved a bundle on entry fees since March, but glad to be out again.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HeavyG
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    bangor307 said:

Many Judicial rulings are absolutely political. If they weren't, then neither side would expend so much effort trying to pack the courts with "their kind". :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Wings, always a winner.  But Mexican street corn is a true treat.  That corn looks great and I'm sure the eating was off the chart!  
    (Edit:  Congrats on the deck project with your son.)  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited May 2020
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Wings, always a winner.  But Mexican street corn is a true treat.  That corn looks great and I'm sure the eating was off the chart!  
    (Edit:  Congrats on the deck project with your son.)  
    Thanks cap, the street corn is off the chart and ole Ron helped the wing game to next level. Times like that with him are true treasures.
    BTW, sorry I pussed out last night. I dug all 12 footers for the deck by hand Friday. I crashed and burned early. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Battleborn
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Anyone else having an issue with the forum logging them out all the time?
    Las Vegas, NV

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    Every 24hrs on my IPad for at least the last 5 days.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    On mobile or desktop?  I think I’ve seen it happen to me on my phone maybe once or twice in the past couple of days.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Yep. It’s not just you. 
  • Battleborn
    Options
    On mobile or desktop?  I think I’ve seen it happen to me on my phone maybe once or twice in the past couple of days.  
    I use the mobile exclusively, this happens to be my homepage. About every 5th time that I open the browser I notice that I have been logged out. Must just be another Vanilla bug.
    Las Vegas, NV

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

Calm before the total sh!tshow this weekend. 
    I rarely come up on holiday weekends anymore and the next two days are gonna remind me why. We were up the last two weekends and it's gotten increasingly crazy each time. 
    Some old timers say it’s busier than it’s been in over 25yrs. It’s been awful. 
    Last weekend was as busy as I've ever seen it on an off weekend and we've had this place since '85. Too many folks to do anything. Freakin nuts for sure! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Going to the in-laws tomorrow for Memorial Day, and ribs are on the menu. Because they only have a gasser I’m planning on cooking the ribs today until they’re about 75% done, wrapping in foil, then finishi up at their place tomorrow. If anyone has recommendations I’m all ears, since this is my first time trying it out. 

Ribs on with some apple wood and honey hog 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Meatloaf. 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    BBQ thighs and veggies on the L's

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    In laws came over. Baby backs with Honey Hog, fried rice and cucumber and tomato salad...

• bangor307
    bangor307 Posts: 139
    edited May 2020
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    bangor307 said:

It is not political, antithetical opposite of  it. I highly doubt you read it Heavy G and I'm giving you credit here.... understood it.

Dude you are a complete zero, kissing ass to all your little junior high buddies to score points.

Get a life.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    Options
    bangor307 said:
    HeavyG said:
    bangor307 said:

It is not political, antithetical opposite of  it. I highly doubt you read it Heavy G and I'm giving you credit here.... understood it.

Dude you are a complete zero, kissing ass to all your little junior high buddies to score points.

Get a life.
    I think you should see the cooks he has posted before passing judgement...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    Options
    bangor307 said:
    HeavyG said:
    bangor307 said:

Get a life.
    I think you should see the cooks he has posted before passing judgement...

They are epic amiright!!

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    bangor307 said:
    Just finished up with my home made discada project. An old disc blade with the pug in he center filled. Couple of horse shoes for handles and it'll work great with my new Edelmetall Brü  that Nola brought to my attention. Soon as the wind dies down I've got some outside skirt steak and flour tacos my friend makes. Bunch of sides from the friends and neighbors here, mostly from Mexico so I'm a bit intimidated!
    Nice repurposing!
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Going to the in-laws tomorrow for Memorial Day, and ribs are on the menu. Because they only have a gasser I’m planning on cooking the ribs today until they’re about 75% done, wrapping in foil, then finishi up at their place tomorrow. If anyone has recommendations I’m all ears, since this is my first time trying it out. 

I think I would take them all the way to the finish, vac seal, and reheat in hot water.  Others may know other ideas.
    Lawrenceville, GA