Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I wanted to try the true recipe, see how it was. 

It was about 2 minutes of awesome, citrusy, smoky pepper heat. 

Followed by 20 minutes of oh crap why did I eat that. 

I'm about to go back for more 
    Hope you have a seat belt on your toilet.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hit up the Asian market for a kimchi restock. It's fun grabbing other random stuff that we have no idea what it is. Hard to beat for oils, sauces, etc.

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Hit up the Asian market for a kimchi restock. It's fun grabbing other random stuff that we have no idea what it is. Hard to beat for oils, sauces, etc.

That jar of kimchi looks legit.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    just got a 3 lb eye of round roast. Trying to decide what to do with it. My original thought was a beef/mushroom/potato pot pie. But then the idea of orange beef jerky came to mind. What does the audience want?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    I wanted to try the true recipe, see how it was. 

It was about 2 minutes of awesome, citrusy, smoky pepper heat. 

Followed by 20 minutes of oh crap why did I eat that. 

I'm about to go back for more 
    Hope you have a seat belt on your toilet.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    just got a 3 lb eye of round roast. Trying to decide what to do with it. My original thought was a beef/mushroom/potato pot pie. But then the idea of orange beef jerky came to mind. What does the audience want?
    I vote for the jerky.
    Las Vegas, NV

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Botch said:
    No, it shouldn't take an hour and 45 minutes to remove an under-the-counter paper towel dispenser, and reinstall it 2' to the left.  Yet, here we are.  :anguished:

To borrow an acronym from @milesvdustin : FML.  
    Aren’t you an engineer type dude? This leaves little hope for the likes of me. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    caliking said:
    Botch said:
    No, it shouldn't take an hour and 45 minutes to remove an under-the-counter paper towel dispenser, and reinstall it 2' to the left.  Yet, here we are.  :anguished:

Aren’t you an engineer type dude? This leaves little hope for the likes of me. 
    Actually that leaves a whole lot of hope as you won't over-think the challenge... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    edited February 2020
    Options
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Botch said:

What do you care how long it takes now?  You are retired.  ;)

You brockle-faced folks are cruel, you know that??   
    :lol:   

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hope Ryan is okay. 
    Yeah, scary situation. You know it's bad when they hang the black curtin up around the car when removing him.

I saw on Twitter that someone from Penske said he was awake. Praying that's the truth...
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Hope Ryan is okay. 
    Yeah, scary situation. You know it's bad when they hang the black curtin up around the car when removing him.

I saw on Twitter that someone from Penske said he was awake. Praying that's the truth...
    Scary last lap for sure. Getting pushed in a straight line 3 deep at 210+. Gotta be hell to hold on to it without it wanting to lift like a plane. I hope Newman makes it through unscathed...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Jerky in the dehydrator.  6 lbs took 6 of 10 shelves.  At 155F
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    ColbyLang said:
    WeberWho said:
    Hope Ryan is okay. 

Scary last lap for sure. Getting pushed in a straight line 3 deep at 210+. Gotta be hell to hold on to it without it wanting to lift like a plane. I hope Newman makes it through unscathed...
    Sources are saying he's in stable condition
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    ColbyLang said:
    WeberWho said:
    Hope Ryan is okay. 

Sources are saying he's in stable condition

• nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    Done.  Sprayed with 10% potassium sorbate to inhibit mold.  Will vacuum seal with oxygen absorbent packs and should have a healthy shelf life.
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

The real-time translation on the Google Translate app is a really useful here
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Glad to have you back on the forum @NPHuskerFL
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Done.  Sprayed with 10% potassium sorbate to inhibit mold.  Will vacuum seal with oxygen absorbent packs and should have a healthy shelf life.
    Looks Killer, never used/heard of potassium sorbste...
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Just had to cancel my campsite at Dan Nicholas park. The new house/move/sell condo is just going to be too much to make it to BB20.

Sucks that I'm going to miss this year. I have a feeling it will be special.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    @nolaegghead How did you maintain the red hue on your jerky mine always looks black or dark
    South of Columbus, Ohio.