Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Another hint from Heloise!  Thx Botch!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Gus‘ World Famous Fried Chicken 

I am headed to Memphis tomorrow? You still around tomorrow evening for dinner?
    Yeah I'm still here.  I'm staying downtosn, but I could uber somewhere to meet.  I'd love to link up. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    biweekly is confusing.  Explaining it to folks from outside the US and stumbled on a internet time vampire.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/see-all

And this gem:
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/usage-of-brang-vs-brung-vs-brought

I should've broughten the ketchup and not mustard for hot dogs at the shindig (or hootenanny, or hoedown).

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/3k8jyg/rednecks_of_the_reddit_what_are_the_differences/?sort=top

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    biweekly is confusing.  Explaining it to folks from outside the US and stumbled on a internet time vampire.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/see-all

And this gem:
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/usage-of-brang-vs-brung-vs-brought

I should've broughten the ketchup and not mustard for hot dogs at the shindig (or hootenanny, or hoedown).

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/3k8jyg/rednecks_of_the_reddit_what_are_the_differences/?sort=top

I clicked, and yes - that was 30 minutes gone.....  
    My equivalent is,   https://randomstreetview.com 

However, I would have assumed biweekly is twice a week, on the basis that fortnight is the go-to over here.

But - big news, thanks to your post I now know how to spot 6 and 24 monthly interludes; biannual and biennial respectively.  

Every day's a school day. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    About to head to the gym.... in -13F. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Well I was supposed to go to Kobe, Japan next month for a conference, but the organizers have decided to postpone it until December due to the coronavirus outbreak.  Now to figure out what to do with those international plane tickets...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options

It’s ok lads, the ‘winter break’ is over and the PL is back back back, albeit it never went away. Yay.

Here we go then for Gameweek 27  (11 to go…)  No teams will win the league or get relegated this weekend, but it could be a strong indicator of the shape of things to come. 

Saturday; Chelsea v Spurs  The Jose loathe in.  Spurs are lacking attacking talent because it’s all in the physio’s room.  Chelsea have lost their way a bit, too.   2-1 home win

Proper o’clock; Burnley v Bournemouth - both need a win, but can’t see past Burnley inching towards safety here with a dour 1-0 home win.

Palace v Newcastle - result as above and that would be ‘…outstanding, Marverick.’  (When is Top Gun 2 released, by the way?)

Sheff Utd v Brighton - better than above, 2-0 rudimentary win this time for the home team.

Southampton v Villa - goals here.  The home team’s upswing has slowed, but Villa’s expansive style will give them chances.  3-1.

Tea-time; Leicester v Man City  Football’s obscure over-lords have decided that the obscure funding model at Man City is indeed too obscure., even for them. So they are banned form Europe for two years - without the hassle of referendum (a bit of political satire for you there)  So, Man City ostensibly have little to play for this season, other than the domestic cups.  What next for Pep and his Princess of footballdom?   2-2.

In the championship, Stoke host Cardiff - who are  5 games undefeated while Stoke’s surge has stalled. Let’s hope the momentum is back with the Potters for @Eoin2-1 home win.

Sunday lunchtime; Man Utd v Watford.  Hard to call as both have generated significant unpredictability this season.  Stats suggest a home win, 2-1 - but frankly pick any result you like, they’re all equally possible.  

Wolves v Norwich - should be fun to watch.  The host play free-form gun football,  the visitors play in a similar vein with 25% of the success.  3-1 home win.

Tea-time; Arsenal v Everton : The Arteta derby and while the sings are bright for the Gunners - they are hooked on draws.  I reckon that’ll happen again. 1-1.

Monday evening : Liverpool v West Ham.  Three more points for the unstoppable reds.  West Ham are in a proper pickle and dour journey-man Motes at the helm is not exactly Dr Euphoria. Damage limitation for the Hammers. 3-0.

That’s your lots - and don’t forget that Round 3 of the six nations this week-end.  Armchair egg-chasers ago-go.  Swing low my friends.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    C Sockets and Big Endian vs Little Endian byte order... haven't looked at this stuff in 15 years. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Just finished sharing a brew and a meal with @YukonRon at Victory brewing as we caught up on each others lives since we last saw each other. 

I am compelled to just say a world of thanks to Mark for taking time from his schedule to fit in a dinner with me. 

Unfortunately I had to get back to the lab after the dinner, or I would likely be telling everyone about every beer they had available, offered at their grill and tap room.

The food was top notch, as expected, because a couple of things about Mark:
    When he tells you it is good, count on it, and be prepared to go 100 mph. He is a friend that is totally all in.

Mark suggested we meet there, and it was a very nice surprise.

My BIL which has passed, always wanted to make a pilgrimage to this place, it was his favorite beer. We actually got a liquor store in Louisville to stock his favorite IPA.

Whenever he came up from NOLA, he would load up his truck with as much as the store carried and head home.

And.....he would never share.

There are times I miss him.

Thank you Mark. 

For you Scott.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options

@ColtsFan , whats the heat level on this...looks pretty tasty
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    billt01 said:

It's very mild, with a little kick with a nice sweet touch. Jalapeno based if that helps.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I really like the Yellow Bird products.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    billt01 said:

That's some great stuff. The Habenero one is really good too. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• alaskanassasin
    Options

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Eating a big asz burrito from Moe's 

Their steak quesadillas are a favorite of mine.  :triumph:  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options

There's a small farm right down the road that probably has 50 trees tapped.

Pretty cool
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Thanks @ColtsFan. I subsistence tap and aim for about quart, that seems to last us a year. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
     I was thinking about using maple water to make a beer though... stars may align for that this year
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ...and I thought you were giving those trees a clyster.... B)
    Options
    Last night we revisited the fish restaurant we stopped at before. Excellent again, had a whole 3 lb redfish grilled over wood. Tonight, we tried another place, and it was truly terrible. I had cod on 'migas', which turned out to be overcooked, dry fish (actually a nice piece of cod, just ruined) on a bed of baby poo coloured mush. Anne had some local 'steak' speciality. No idea of the cut or the type of beast, it was in gravy, braised but needex several hours longer, as it was hard to cut and impossible to chew. We'll not be back there again.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    We actually painted our dining room in a color we call "baby poo".
    Options
    Just curious.....why?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Just curious.....why?
    Bridget liked the color.  Doesn't mean we like baby poo.