Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Botch said:
    CPFC1905 said:

A brief synopsis; Prince Harry - an impressive chap with genuine military service, cause of the Invictus Games and passionate supporter of people with mental ill-health, marries and starts a family and then makes a decision to prioritise his family.   

He’s going to live amongst our semi-French moose chasing friends over in ‘Canadia’.  Lucky lad, I would do the same.   

How old was Harry when the press killed his Mom?  I don't blame him, either.  
    Heard this morning that he and Meghan will also be repaying the government the $3M used to renovate their palace in the UK.  Good on them.  
    There's a bit of cynicism here about the whole financial 'independence' thing and how independent they will actually be.
    I'm not surprised.  We'll see what happens.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    I told my wife not to use my Shun because she has a penchant for cutting herself. Well, she decided that cutting avocados was a good use of the Shun. Heard a loud "Awe F@ck" from the kitchen...guess she may have learned her lesson. 

Probably not though.
    Las Vegas, NV

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I told my wife not to use my Shun because she has a penchant for cutting herself. Well, she decided that cutting avocados was a good use of the Shun. Heard a loud "Awe F@ck" from the kitchen...guess she may have learned her lesson. 

Probably not though.
    If she is as stubborn as My Beautiful Wife, you got no chance dude. 

I just put a first aid kit in the kitchen, because I know what is going to happen.

Good luck with that.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Shrimp burrito bowls. Looks like a mess, but it is delicious. 
    Need that recipe cuz looks awesome
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options

Options

Options
    g8golfer said:
    Shrimp burrito bowls. Looks like a mess, but it is delicious. 
    Need that recipe cuz looks awesome
    It's really pretty easy. Made some pico: red onion, tomato, jalepeno, S&P and lime. Grilled the shrimp with some Raging River. Wife made some cilantro lime cauliflower rice. The sauce was just sour cream mixed with 1 can of adobo sauce and 1 chili from said can. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

Probably not though.
    Hope she's okay.   :|

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Probably not though.

I just put a first aid kit in the kitchen, because I know what is going to happen.

Good luck with that.
    Imma screenshot this for next time I see Suzy…
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I remember back at Christmas. I had made a pork loin and used the Henckel knife that I leave there to slice some of it up. Later I saw my niece using it to cut another slice off and I told her “Katie, that knife is actually sharp” she said “we better not let my mother touch it then”. I leave that knife at my parents house with the understanding that they don’t wash it or use that God awful electric sharpener on it. They will never see my Shuns. I just got tired of sawing on meat with old filet or paring knives.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Botch said:

Probably not though.
    Hope she's okay.   :|
    She is fine, don't think she even put a bandaid on it.
    Las Vegas, NV

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Probably not though.

Good luck with that.
    Imma screenshot this for next time I see Suzy…
    She knows......

I tell her every single day. Guess what?

There is no change yet. 10 years.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    @gonepostal Great finish right there.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Not sure if this has been shared before, but gave me a good laugh this Monday morning 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    @milesvdustin - some like it hot...great looking ribs, banquet awaits.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I use a liberal application of the death dust, I cant get enough of it 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• gabriegger
    Options
    Drinking...again

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Drinking...again
    I am also having some vitamin B(eers)

Is it normal when smoking in the frigid cold for the smoke to be so thick? It smells perfectly normal, just not thin blue smoke. Haven't seen this before. 

Wondering if its moisture? Egg got rained on like whoa the other day, all the ash in the bottom was soaked 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Watching BBQuest on Hulu. They travel Texas hitting the hidden gems of Texas BBQ. 

Just saw candied brisket served on a cookie 🙌
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    milesvdustin said:
    Is it normal when smoking in the frigid cold for the smoke to be so thick? It smells perfectly normal, just not thin blue smoke. Haven't seen this before. 

Wondering if its moisture? Egg got rained on like whoa the other day, all the ash in the bottom was soaked 
    Yes, it's normal, and it is due to water vapor.  Remember that H2O is a byproduct of combustion; having wet ash in the mix probably made it even denser.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

Found this spice blend on a recent trip to the WD.  It pairs nicely w all things Blackstone. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95