Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Wait, they’re not boneless?  Is the bone all ground up with the other meat goop?
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,784
    Options
    ^^^^Like^^^
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Winding my weekend down with the Love of my life ........no idea how that lady got in the picture though 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options

One last yakiniku meal in Haneda airport before leaving Tokyo. Wagyu of course

The meat is so fatty it won't take marinade. Gas grill here, the place I regular in Ginza is charcoal fired. Chuck steak and short ribs (small plate). Normal picture ordering issues apply..

PS - anyone know of a vertical charcoal spit for El Pastor? Asking for a friend. I've seen it in Mexico once, propane for kebab/pastor is much more common.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • lkapigian
    Options

One last yakiniku meal in Haneda airport before leaving Tokyo. Wagyu of course

The meat is so fatty it won't take marinade. Gas grill here, the place I regular in Ginza is charcoal fired. Chuck steak and short ribs (small plate). Normal picture ordering issues apply..

PS - anyone know of a vertical charcoal spit for El Pastor? Asking for a friend. I've seen it in Mexico once, propane for kebab/pastor is much more common.

Very Cool! ( you can go horizontal pastor with charcoal ) 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options

@lkapigian - I can't successfully "quote" for whatever reason. Food and service are at high standards here, and it can be reasonably priced if you know where to look. If not, it's exorbitant in a hurry.

I agree the horizontal spit works, but not if I want to trim a layer of and keep rolling, with all the goodness dripping down

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • lkapigian
    Options

@lkapigian - I can't successfully "quote" for whatever reason. Food and service are at high standards here, and it can be reasonably priced if you know where to look. If not, it's exorbitant in a hurry.

I agree the horizontal spit works, but not if I want to trim a layer of and keep rolling, with all the goodness dripping down

I saw one that was nothing more thann a 30 gallon drum split pole to pole with three racks for the coals and then an inverted rotisserie 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Just some bunless hot dogs w proper condimentation and a fork that’s both dirty and bent.  

Are you sure you’ve got enough Dijon?
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Just some bunless hot dogs w proper condimentation and a fork that’s both dirty and bent.  

Are you sure you’ve got enough Dijon?
    That was a Düsseldorf style mustard, and I had four dogs.   Yeah I like mustard.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Did some pulled beef yesterday. These finished really fast. Put them on around 2 and they were over 200 around 7. Was expecting like 9-10 finish. Was running just over 250 might need to calibrate soon. 
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Got a whole turkey breast section on my medium BGE smoking. :) Will be for this week's sammiches.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Holden Beach NC
    Hard to beat the Carolina Beaches.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Holden Beach NC
    Had to reset my "Like" button......wore it out.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,356
    edited June 2019
    Options
    About to fire up the large and race the storms. Gonna reverse sear a tri-tip. My last dozen or so have been SV then seared. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,512
    Options
    Note to Lazy Self:
    It is much easier to cut down a 3' sapling than to wait until its over 20' tall.  

Oof-dah.  

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,356
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    About to fire up the large and race the storms. Gonna reverse sear a tri-tip. My last dozen or so have been SV then seared. 
    Not looking good. You know it's going to hit temp right in the middle of this 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    Babysitting for the in-laws...140 lbs
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    doing hubs and brakes on the truck.  Hot AF here.
    Options
    Waiting on an update for Brisket Camp 2019
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,512
    Options
    Just finished watching CNN's "Apollo 11" film, glad I also recorded it.
    Odd bookends. I remember watching much of this footage on my folks' b-and-w TV, when I was 9, and getting pulled into the whole space/technology field. Ended up in the Air Force, and even worked for 2 years on the Space Shuttle boosters at Thiokol.
    Yesterday, I got a letter from The Defense Finance and Accounting Service, telling me how much to pay to "buy back" my military time (adding it to my Civil Service time) in preparation for my retirement this coming Feb. Then, tonight, to see the Apollo footage that started this whole ball rolling, 50 years ago, again, really really odd feeling.
    Almost like seeing, at the end of the sixth Star Wars film, the twin suns setting on Tatooine, bringing THAT 30-year period full-circle, except this time it was MY life.
    Very, very odd feeling.

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,036
    Options
    Holden Beach NC
    I hope you have as nice a time there as we did.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    just found out a neighbor passed away this winter, went down into the cellar to check on the dug well, fell head first.  mind blowing it took this long for someone to say something
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Eating my lunch at my desk which is a chunk of fresh raw tuna that was swimming less than 30 hours ago.  Truth being told, this is the 1/3 I still have to go.  The first 2/3 of it went down very fast. 

the only way fresh caught tuna should be eaten
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian