Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I am cleaning the garage too! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Living the good life. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @JohnnyTarheel great location and set up with the Pit Barrel.  Please let me know how long that butt cook takes as whenever I use the PBC the cooks run very long compared to the advertised times.  TIA-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • garthb4903
    garthb4903 Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm working right now at the office, taking breaks while posting on the BGE forum: "how dumb is it for me to buy a third egg"
    L, M, MM "These pretzels are making me thirsty"
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    Webinar with Cisco. Fun times 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnnyTarheel great location and set up with the Pit Barrel.  Please let me know how long that butt cook takes as whenever I use the PBC the cooks run very long compared to the advertised times.  TIA-

@lousubcap Hey Frank just the butts off. Pulled at 208 and FTC. So right at 11 hours and off one load of charcoals. 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Got my SiriusXM renewed for the "introductory" price of $40/6 months again, rather than the $126 they sent me a bill for.  Am I going to have to go thru that long phone call, and threaten to quit, every six months now?  
    Also "bought back" my military time and had it added to my Civil Service time, which allows me to retire with 32 years rather than 20 years (my military retirement doesn't change, surprisingly).  Cost over $17K but I'll earn that back in 18 months' retirement time; just need to make sure I live long enough to get that back.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    lousubcap said:

@lousubcap Hey Frank just the butts off. Pulled at 208 and FTC. So right at 11 hours and off one load of charcoals. 
    Thanks and you see the same behavior with regard to cook times (and I have really opened the intake) that I get and this is coming up on 3 1/2 years with the rig.
    Here's the web-site advertised plan:  "Cook Time: 5-6 Hours | Desired Temp: 195-200º   
    *Cook times may vary" 
    For sure they vary, by around 1.8 -2 times the predicted.  For me, that is consistent with every PBC cook regardless of protein.  I guess their test Q air has more oxygen than the rest of us.  Again, thanks for the response.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    First time on the road for the oldest. Almost died, several times, but still alive. For now. 
    Hopefully you weren’t subjected to Justin Bieber or the like during the voyage. Although were that the case, perhaps a fender bender would be a welcomed distraction. 
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Botch said:
    Got my SiriusXM renewed for the "introductory" price of $40/6 months again, rather than the $126 they sent me a bill for.  Am I going to have to go thru that long phone call, and threaten to quit, every six months now?  
    Also "bought back" my military time and had it added to my Civil Service time, which allows me to retire with 32 years rather than 20 years (my military retirement doesn't change, surprisingly).  Cost over $17K but I'll earn that back in 18 months' retirement time; just need to make sure I live long enough to get that back.  
    LOL. I just got off my annual call with those humps @ Sirius. I really like the service, mostly streamed, but having to call in every year to “cancel” only to get a reasonable rate is an interesting business model. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Yellowfin steaks for dinner! Well wife wanted tacos so fish tacos as well.

LBGE
    AL
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options

Did anybody spot the Queen?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options

I don’t spot any reflection in this pic. 😉
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    MJG said:
    LOL. I just got off my annual call with those humps @ Sirius. I really like the service, mostly streamed, but having to call in every year to “cancel” only to get a reasonable rate is an interesting business model. 
    You only have to do it annually?  I'd really like that; did that happen after you'd been a customer for awhile?  
    It's an "interesting" business model, but it makes sense (as I mentioned in my post) when getting just a few dollars from a customer, rather than zero, is an advantage when it doesn't change your costs at all.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options

Longer torso in the middle
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options

Botch Posts: 8,018

6:34PM

MJG said: 

LOL. I just got off my annual call with those humps @ Sirius. I really like the service, mostly streamed, but having to call in every year to “cancel” only to get a reasonable rate is an interesting business model. 

You only have to do it annually? I'd really like that; did that happen after you'd been a customer for awhile? 

It's an "interesting" business model, but it makes sense (as I mentioned in my post) when getting just a few dollars from a customer, rather than zero, is an advantage when it doesn't change your costs at all.

Quote wouldn’t work. Do it annually I get the premium for a year at like $99 plus fees. Set a reminder in my calendar and dance with them once a year. Pretty easy really just say I want to cancel it’s too expensive.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    MJG said:
    Botch said:
    It makes a ton of sense; I’d bet that we’ll over 50% of their users don’t bother to call and just end up eating the increase.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    U_tarded said:

Botch Posts: 8,018

6:34PM

MJG said: 

LOL. I just got off my annual call with those humps @ Sirius. I really like the service, mostly streamed, but having to call in every year to “cancel” only to get a reasonable rate is an interesting business model. 

You only have to do it annually? I'd really like that; did that happen after you'd been a customer for awhile? 

Quote wouldn’t work. Do it annually I get the premium for a year at like $99 plus fees. Set a reminder in my calendar and dance with them once a year. Pretty easy really just say I want to cancel it’s too expensive.

SWMBO sets her calender for the same thing. Spot on, annual is the way to go.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    first time with sirius, free the first 3 months, probably wont pay fot it when it comes due. bleeps out every bridge, big tree, power line, big building. pretty much listen to it for 1.5 hours going north on the highway a week.

how many days does it take to talk the price down =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    first time with sirius, free the first 3 months, probably wont pay fot it when it comes due. bleeps out every bridge, big tree, power line, big building. pretty much listen to it for 1.5 hours going north on the highway a week.

But what if they had a Tom Brady channel?
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I have like 3 numbers from the Sirius people blocked in my phone. New car has it, dont listen to it. They haven't shut it off yet though, free trial was up last month 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:

fox news on a 19 speaker system IS pretty nice, especially sitting in traffic next to a prius owner talking on a cell =)
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Legume said:

fox news on a 19 speaker system IS pretty nice, especially sitting in traffic next to a prius owner talking on a cell =)
    Agree - best in stereo or better so you can get the separation necessary to hear them talking out of both sides of their mouths.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

Agree - best in stereo or better so you can get the separation necessary to hear them talking out of both sides of their mouths.
    i go with loud, i like to see the prius shaking
    fukahwee maine