Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,464
    Options
    If this is @SGH's last run he has accumulated enough $$ to buy his Caribean paradise.  That is unless his truck, shave gear and coverall buys deplete his earnings too quickly.  =)
    Welcome back to shore. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Rib Bean
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @SciAggie - one more tool for the tool box and a different animal for sure.  Of course with your wood fired ovens you have plenty of run time with sticks.  But "fire and forget" they are not.  Congrats on the purchase and enjoy. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @SciAggie - one more tool for the tool box and a different animal for sure.  Of course with your wood fired ovens you have plenty of run time with sticks.  But "fire and forget" they are not.  Congrats on the purchase and enjoy. 
    Thanks. From what I can tell it will probably require less frequent feeding than my wood oven. I've been using a borrowed stick burner for far too long so I decided it was time to get exactly what I want. As you know I enjoy playing with real fire. I laugh and tell guests I've spend thousands of dollars to cook like peasants did hundreds of years ago... As great as the egg and the wood oven are for cooking I don't think anything matches the flavor of BBQ from a stick burner. Pellet poopers may be the current rage but they are not for me.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    Options

At the hospital about to have our second child delivered. Breech baby!

He!! of a Father's Day gift-best wishes to all, especially Mom. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:

At the hospital about to have our second child delivered. Breech baby!

He!! of a Father's Day gift-best wishes to all, especially Mom. 
    Thanks so much, Frank!
  • abtaylor260
    abtaylor260 Posts: 242
    Options
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Getting closer. Leaving the channel and coming in the mouth of the Tampico River. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just finished installing this contraption....
    Were gonna see how well I like it

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    The bridge draws nigh. 

Should step on dry ground in 15 minutes. I’m going to fall down and roll in the dirt the second I step off of this heap👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options

@DuckDogDr - I can't quote your post for some reason. I have that Ring and I like it - the battery lasts a long time between charges, and it's simple to use. I've freaked out some friends talking to them live. I also got the plug in unit for my backyard, and that seems more responsive, but isn't a doorbell.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2019
    Options
    This story might not be worthy of tellin, but here goes. My wif headed to Charlotte to spend a weekend with her growing up friend. Well 8:00 Rolled around and I caught caught the First Two tunes (Dead & Co as you might expect) from Chicago's Soliders Field On mugs.net. About a couple of months ago I purchased the Sub Woofer to Sound bar. I'm outside tonight and hear a glass break. It had been sittin on a wall shelf below the bass unit. Either the boys were hot tonight or I had it playin loud. You be the judge. 

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    decided to try @grillingal 's King Arthur NOLA po-boy bead recipe for the helluvit.

Exceeded expectations. 
    @nolaegghead I think you meant to '@' me.  Beautiful bread.  How did they turn out for you taste wise?
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    This story might not be worthy of tellin, but here goes. My wif headed to Charlotte to spend a weekend with her growing up friend. Well 8:00 Rolled around and I caught caught the First Two tunes (Dead & Co as you might expect) from Chicago's Soliders Field On mugs.net. About a couple of months ago I purchased the Sub Woofer to Sound bar. I'm outside tonight and hear a glass break. It had been sittin on a wall shelf below the bass unit. Either the boys were hot tonight or I had it playin loud. You be the judge. 

In other words, the wif is getting new ear rings?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

In other words, the wif is getting new ear rings?
    Hell no. It was a wine glass and she don’t don’t drink wine. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    Congratulations @GrateEggspectations
    Thanks, friend. My wife was a champ. No epidural. Breech baby. Very quick, natural delivery. She made it look effortless. Both mother and baby boy literally couldn’t be healthier. 
    Congratulations all the way around.  Healthier for the win across the board.  Enjoy your expanded family. 

• northGAcock
    Options
    smokingal said:
    decided to try @grillingal 's King Arthur NOLA po-boy bead recipe for the helluvit.

Exceeded expectations. 
    @nolaegghead I think you meant to '@' me.  Beautiful bread.  How did they turn out for you taste wise?
    He’s new around here. He’ll catch on eventually

• northGAcock
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Any dippin sauce are you do them straight up?