Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,644
    Options
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Legume said:
    MiB
    Men in Blue suits with brown shoes?   B)
    Congrats to the kid - and to you for raising him right!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @nolaegghead, He is headed to 29 Palms one last time today and will join our local PD when he returns. He was in the explorer program with them in high school and wants to come home. The chief and several of the officers came to the graduation. They kinda watched him grow up.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Legume said:
    MiB
    Men in Blue suits with brown shoes?   B)
    Congrats to the kid - and to you for raising him right!
    Thank you sir. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
     well, upon purchasing new floor, my piece of **** trailer decided to throw a tire, and the Jack in my car is worthless. **** yeah, rain on the way 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,644
    Options
    You got the water resistant flooring, right?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,249
    Options
    That sucks. Probably right at the load limit or more on that trailer. That’s 1800lbs of flooring give or take. Hopefully you can grab a floor jack. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,610
    Options
    Trying to keep it together. My son walked the stage today as one of our country's newest law enforcement officers. Top of the academy.
    Congratulations..Thank you to your son for keeping us safe.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    Options
    Early Father's Day present. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Exactly what I was told.....brisket burgers on the gasser at my folks for dad's birthday. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    "Hope Hicks has agreed to be probed".  Am I the only one who thinks she's a looker?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Early Father's Day present. 
    @northGAcock care to inquire on the capacity??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @milesvdustin utility trailers are usually rated at their axle strength. 2k, 3.5k, 7k etc. What they don’t mention is the unloaded weight factors. So if you have a 2k lb single axle, and the trailer weighs 500 lbs, you only have a 1500 capacity trailer. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @milesvdustin utility trailers are usually rated at their axle strength. 2k, 3.5k, 7k etc. What they don’t mention is the unloaded weight factors. So if you have a 2k lb single axle, and the trailer weighs 500 lbs, you only have a 1500 capacity trailer. 
    Is that the same one you have? If so, it holds two cups. If not, I am curious. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,556
    Options
    Haven't seen any Eddie Izzard in a long time!  On Noah's Ark....

https://youtu.be/7tcjZl0vk9Y

:lol:

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited June 2019
    Options
    If that trailer isn't riding on the rims, I dont have too much weight on it. 

It's all oil and chip backroads where I pull that thing

Edit to add: I know about trailer axle weights and such, I dont intentionally overload trailers. The weight of that flooring minus the pallet was 1,470 pounds. I just had a **** tire. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Went and checked the cows today.  They look content and happy. (Full disclosure, the three on the left and one on the right are ours, the two red angus are in with them while their field is being mowed for hay.) 

Piggies are also doing well, but did not get any pictures. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,744
    Options
    Redneck battery tender. Had to replace the truck's battery, and didn't know if the radio would reset and lock up after disconnecting the old one. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @WeberWho  hey man, I'll be in your neck of the woods next week
    Options
    Right on. Let me know if you have any extra time when up here. Maybe tip a couple beers back
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Right on. Let me know if you have any extra time when up here. Maybe tip a couple beers back
    Tight schedule but I'll be out in the evenings, would like to drink a few with ya
    Options
    The bear trap is off the pipeline and sitting on deck. With just a little luck and the Good Lord willing, I will be eating supper in Back Bay Biloxi Monday night. And I can’t wait to be there my friends👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,880
    Options
    Botch said:
    Haven't seen any Eddie Izzard in a long time!  On Noah's Ark....

https://youtu.be/7tcjZl0vk9Y

:lol:
    Big fan of Eddie Izzard, fascinating chap.  Met him once and he is a thoroughly likeable, engaging & gregarious bloke.
    He's from Sussex - like me, and is a Director at Crystal Palace FC. Often wears Christian Louboutin boots with a three inch heel to matches he is around 6 feet tall without them!
    He tells great story about telling his Dad that he was a transvestite on the way home from a Palace match.  If I recall, his Dad was more concerned about the Palace performance. Which is the correct response in my opinion. 
    His aunt was SOE / Bletchley Park in WW2 and he had aspirations of a similar career - but in his own words, discovered Olympic Breakfasts (one for the UK readership - but you can guess the point). 
    Check out his marathon running exploits and some of the attributes of a SF trooper shine through.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,880
    Options
    Trying to keep it together. My son walked the stage today as one of our country's newest law enforcement officers. Top of the academy.
    Well done to you both. There's no such thing as luck, hard work has clearly paid off.

I have just passed my 25th anniversary and have only a year left to do.  Usually 30 years service in the UK, but I imported some pension so will move on next June.    
    Can be the best and worst job in the world, often simultaneously.  Would not have swapped any of it though.  
    No idea what its like in the US but we are trying really hard over here to get back to putting people first - not just meeting targets and slavishly following arbitrary policies.   We are also just out the back of severe austerity which saw budget cuts of 30%, but its stabilised now. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay