Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Botch said:
    Today I grilled a couple sweet italian sausages on the Small, and tried an odd dish I ran across this week, Garlic Pasta:

Got it from one of the video chefs that fall out of EweTube if you shake it too hard, "Chef Mike".  

https://youtu.be/VZckD_bZlso

It's odd in that it starts off reading like an Asian recipe, but then parmesan cheese is added, sorta Italian, and some British Worshyersister sauce for good measure (Mike stated its actually a San Francisco specialty).  It was delicious, although a bit too salty for my taste (I may cut back on the soy next time, there is no other added salt).  The dish doesn't include mushrooms but I had a couple in the frig that needed a home, so they were added.  

Ingredients for 2 small portions Garlic Noodles:
    PLEASE NOTE: The saltiness of the following ingredients can vary, as can how sensitive people are to the taste of salt, so you may need to increase or decrease the amounts below.  

For the secret sauce:
    1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon oyster sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
    1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
    pinch of cayenne pepper

For the rest:
    6 ounces dry egg noodles 
    4 tablespoons unsalted butter
    8 cloves finely minced garlic
    1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
    thinly sliced green onion to garnish
    red chili flakes to taste    

Mix the sauce ingredients, set aside.  While noodles are cooking, melt the butter and then saute garlic until fragrant (30 seconds or so) then pour in the sauce mixture and stir until slightly thickened, kill the heat.  
    When the pasta's done, add to the sauce along with the cheese, toss until coated; plate, and garnish with green onion & chile.  

Thanks for looking.  
    I regularly make pasta with olive oil, garlic and chilli. Add cheese to taste. The spring onions look like a good addition, I'll add them next time.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,401
    Options
    Botch said:
    Today I grilled a couple sweet italian sausages on the Small, and tried an odd dish I ran across this week, Garlic Pasta:

Got it from one of the video chefs that fall out of EweTube if you shake it too hard, "Chef Mike".  

https://youtu.be/VZckD_bZlso

It's odd in that it starts off reading like an Asian recipe, but then parmesan cheese is added, sorta Italian, and some British Worshyersister sauce for good measure (Mike stated its actually a San Francisco specialty).  It was delicious, although a bit too salty for my taste (I may cut back on the soy next time, there is no other added salt).  The dish doesn't include mushrooms but I had a couple in the frig that needed a home, so they were added.  

Ingredients for 2 small portions Garlic Noodles:
    PLEASE NOTE: The saltiness of the following ingredients can vary, as can how sensitive people are to the taste of salt, so you may need to increase or decrease the amounts below.  

For the secret sauce:
    1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon oyster sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
    1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
    pinch of cayenne pepper

For the rest:
    6 ounces dry egg noodles 
    4 tablespoons unsalted butter
    8 cloves finely minced garlic
    1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
    thinly sliced green onion to garnish
    red chili flakes to taste    

Mix the sauce ingredients, set aside.  While noodles are cooking, melt the butter and then saute garlic until fragrant (30 seconds or so) then pour in the sauce mixture and stir until slightly thickened, kill the heat.  
    When the pasta's done, add to the sauce along with the cheese, toss until coated; plate, and garnish with green onion & chile.  

Thanks for looking.  
    Every time that I see those plates it takes me back to the 80's. We and everyone else in America must of had those 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Options
    Got back in the ocean (well, the Gulf, well the Intracoastal waterway actually) for a leisurely 1.2 mi swim.  I prefer 63 degree water over 87 any day.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,800
    Options
    @DuckDogDr they look good, usually they will beard around the entrance when they get hot
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,097
    Options
    Not going to lie. This sucked. 6 hours worth of cleaning, grinding, and priming the expanded metal table. Caked full of dirt and grease.

I'll be making some type of solid insert for the expanded steel table in the near future. The expanded metal table makes no sense. Everytime you slide a food grate out of the smoker the grease leaks through the table and onto the ground. The grease what does hit the expanded steel table sits and eats away the paint. A no win situation. 

I moved the smoker from the driveway into the grass when cleaning the table with degreaser. Not very easy moving 2,000 pounds of smoker from the grass back up into the driveway when done. I gave her hell and almost made it back up into the driveway until this happened.

I broke a weld when pulling it back into the driveway. Go figure. Should have waited for the wife to get home to help give it a push from the back of the smoker. Dang it. 

My hose from the compressor also blew when grinding this afternoon. Always something. I'm going to take everything as a sign. I'm going to have to bring the smoker up to my Dad's shop. He's got a tig welder for the repair. He also has a 80 gallon compressor. Compared to my 20 gallon here at the house. I might just paint the smoker up there if I have to bring it up anyways.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,629
    Options
    Every time that I see those plates it takes me back to the 80's. We and everyone else in America must of had those 
    Agreed, but here's my question:  Why aren't we all still using them?  Mom wanted to upgrade these, so I took the old ones; they're going on 50 years old now, but they still look exactly the same and function identically, why do we have to replace them?!?!?!?  
    Sorry, been watching too many documentaries lately about filling the oceans with plastic and overrunning the planet.  An impending retirement really makes one start to think about odd things....

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    earlier, at the shop putting tire pressure sensors on some rims, dressing the rim with a 3M pad, new valves.
    Options
    fur seals
    Options
    I must be getting old.
    You’re older than me, but you act like my oldest child.  That’s fvckin awesome.  Cary on.  
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,806
    Options
    Setting the bear trap for what is hopefully the final time. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    En vacances! 

Not a gastronomic adventure like @Sea2Ski but a few shots of the Gite we are staying at & 'downtown' in rural Dordogne 

But I am on task, courtesy of @Eoin - for a pic of steak de cheval. 

If you are doing something you do not do regularly or somewhere you are not normally,  you are  learning and experiencing new things.

That is living. Have a great trip @CPFC1905
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,416
    Options
    Foot pursuits 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,401
    Options
    Foot pursuits 
    "don't taze me, bro" 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Options
    @DuckDogDr I like the Santa Gretrudis breed.  In the words of Jerry Lundegaard, "That Brangus looks pretty sweet."
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dorfami
    dorfami Posts: 50
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    dorfami said:
    Finally got the Egg in its new home. 
    Who died on your patio?
    That would be middle daughter. Youngest daughter is just below. I guess 6 year olds don’t understand body outlines. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,038
    Options
    Bruce Hornsby doing NPR "Live from Here" in Louisville last night. The red light in the background was the "On Air" signal. Recorded for pod casts if you are interested. Great show....ecclectic mix of music....last night was no different. They did a tribute to Dr. John, Bill Monroe....the LPO stepped in for a few songs as well...
    It was performed at the Iroquois Amphitheatre, outdoors.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @sgh what’s the bear trap do?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    @sgh what’s the bear trap do?
    Looks like it might be used to grab a section of pipe. Anxiously awaiting his answer.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk