Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Reflecting on the fact that it is the three years anniversary of our world losing Harambe...

RIP
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    YukonRon said:
    Blooming cactus at 8100' elev, while hail was hitting the ground in bright sunshine.
    Nature......good nature.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,501
    Just had a frantic client call me. They received a solicitation via email to wire transfer some funds....

They actually did it. 80k worth
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,724
    ColtsFan said:
    Just had a frantic client call me. They received a solicitation via email to wire transfer some funds....

Good grief. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Ouch.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    No words. Any chance to unwind the transfer?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    No words. Any chance to unwind the transfer?
    Unlikely no reversal will happen. There is a very small window to actually reverse a wire transfer within the SWIFT network. There is a chance that maybe their cyber-security insurance policy will cover them.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Yikes.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497
    ColtsFan said:

Please tell me that it was to a lonely African prince looking to invest his kingdom's wealth on an American business, however, just needed an 80k wire transfer to see if they would be serious with the investment. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan said:

Please tell me that it was to a lonely African prince looking to invest his kingdom's wealth on an American business, however, just needed an 80k wire transfer to see if they would be serious with the investment. 
    If I had a nickel for every time I have seen that email...

In this case, someone spoofed their accountants email address and they failed to check/verify the sender address. (Had a letter missing from the actual legit email address)

The bigger issue is that we supply them with content filtering for their email domain and they released the email from its quarantine (Thinking it was caught there by mistake) and then transferred the funds...So I really have a hard time feeling sorry for them :)

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    As the saying goes, "The stupid shall be punished."  Definitely rings true here. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:

If I had a nickel for every time I have seen that email...

In this case, someone spoofed their accountants email address and they failed to check/verify the sender address. (Had a letter missing from the actual legit email address)

The bigger issue is that we supply them with content filtering for their email domain and they released the email from its quarantine (Thinking it was caught there by mistake) and then transferred the funds...So I really have a hard time feeling sorry for them :)
    I've been getting a lot of these type of emails lately.  The name will show up as someone in my contacts but the actual email address is some random email trying to get me to open an invoice or "verify" my ACH account.  I'd say prior to 2019 I'd get one or two a year.  This year so far I'd say I get at least 2 a week.  And no, I haven't opened one of these invoices or responded to any of these emails.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,178
    ColtsFan said:

Wish this were uncommon.  Every email my wife sends has big red warning at the bottom about wire transfers.  Unless they talk to her directly (not email) they should never ever under any circumstance wire money or diverge from their agreed upon course of action.  She also explains that to them a few times in person.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Not an email scam but this week we've been getting hit many times with something I hadn't seen before.
    My wife answered the home phone (landline, cuz we're old fogies) when she saw my name in the CallerID popup on the tv. Wasn't me but it was someone trying to convince my wife that our Microsoft Windows pcs were under threat and for a fee they could, etc., etc., etc.
    She told them to basically fvck off. The same thing has happened about a dozen times in the last few days.
    When it happened when I was there to see the popup it wasn't just my name but our house phone number. I asked my wife why she would think I'd be able to call our house from our house phone. She just said she didn't pay attention to the number and just saw my name.
    Phone companies really need to crack down on the ability of people to be able to spoof numbers/ID's.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,178
    edited May 2019
    HeavyG said:
    Not an email scam but this week we've been getting hit many times with something I hadn't seen before.
    My wife answered the home phone (landline, cuz we're old fogies) when she saw my name in the CallerID popup on the tv. Wasn't me but it was someone trying to convince my wife that our Microsoft Windows pcs were under threat and for a fee they could, etc., etc., etc.
    She told them to basically fvck off. The same thing has happened about a dozen times in the last few days.
    When it happened when I was there to see the popup it wasn't just my name but our house phone number. I asked my wife why she would think I'd be able to call our house from our house phone. She just said she didn't pay attention to the number and just saw my name.
    Phone companies really need to crack down on the ability of people to be able to spoof numbers/ID's.
    No money in cracking down.

I never amswer my phone.  My friends know to txt me and then I will call back, otherwise no dice.  I also never check voicemails.  Basically my phone is for me to contact you, not for you to contact me.

And reading this forum while on the john.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• ColtsFan
    HeavyG said:
    Microsoft will never, ever, never ever ever contact you about an issue.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    I am currently not sending 80k to Nigerian princes 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    ColtsFan said:
    HeavyG said:

Ditto Apple!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    ColtsFan said:
    HeavyG said:

Yeah, she knew right away that it was not a legitimate call and wouldn't have taken their bait.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130
    ColtsFan said:

WTF
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    Related to the phone spoof, I got a call on my landline (old and slow here as well) from my cell phone, both of which were sitting on the desk in front of me.  Didn't answer but they are definitely pushing the envelope. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    More like what did I do today......
    Got up this morning, preg checked 40 cattle; went to the gym...lost 11 lbs over the past month..

Then went to the lawyers office to drop off some paperwork for a little project me and 2 buddies have been working on....more details once everything is official ...

Went back home and began estrus synching my 4 heifers I bought this past November (a little late on my part but life been crazy)

Ate supper with mom...and now about to do laundry and carve some
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    Do you?
    Not a felon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Feel like I do?
    DuckDogDr said:
    More like what did I do today......
    Got up this morning, preg checked 40 cattle; went to the gym...lost 11 lbs over the past month..

Then went to the lawyers office to drop off some paperwork for a little project me and 2 buddies have been working on....more details once everything is official ...

Went back home and began estrus synching my 4 heifers I bought this past November (a little late on my part but life been crazy)

Ate supper with mom...and now about to do laundry and carve some
    My dad is an equine vet (retired) and I remember going with him every day in the summer to preg check mares and other assorted procedures. When I was older he let me do the castration, sutures, shots, etc. I got pretty good st horse doctoring. 

He also doubled as the family doctor, worked out well when we needed stitches and all 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)