Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,949
    Reflecting on what my wife just told me. Short background, I usually have a beard (on wifeys orders) but every once in awhile I get the itch to give it a nice clean @SGH shave. So I did tonight. I then walk in our livingroom and my wife says  “You look like donkey b*lls” I am both bewildered and terrified of this statement. Was she literal? How does she know what they look like? I guess I will never shave again.This opens up a whole can of worms into our longstanding relationship.....
    Reminds me of a colleague who responded to similar feedback by indicating that his good lady wife's lady bumps looked like 'a pair of spaniel ears'.  
    Not the most chivalrous retort, you'll agree.  They are indeed now divorced.

Back to beards, SWMBO is not fond of my irregular clean shaven interludes, as 'it makes you look too young'.   Conversely, she rarely opines about how statesmanlike, handsome and masculine I look with it.   

Not to worry, my Egg remains faultlessly supportive and obedient. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    "Spaniel Ears"......HA!  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    bgebrent said:
    Reflecting on what my wife just told me. Short background, I usually have a beard (on wifeys orders) but every once in awhile I get the itch to give it a nice clean @SGH shave. So I did tonight. I then walk in our livingroom and my wife says  “You look like donkey b*lls” I am both bewildered and terrified of this statement. Was she literal? How does she know what they look like? I guess I will never shave again.This opens up a whole can of worms into our longstanding relationship.....
    Really?
    Yes she did use those words but In all seriousness she was kidding. She does hate it when I am beardless. I’ve known that for years though. Honestly I mainly do it to annoy her and the fact that it’s summer in Texas. I woke up this morning to her turning over, looking at me and saying “meh, grow that sh!t back ASAP” sorry @SGH looks like I gotta be mountain man again.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    I'm confident she knows exactly what donkey balls look like.
    She did grow up on a farm. So there is a case for that.......

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    SGH said:
    Working hard my friends. 

You probably figured it out by now, but looks like one of them seagulls took a dump on your lid, Scottie.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,949
    edited May 2019
    CPFC1905 said:
    Reminds me of a colleague who responded to similar feedback by indicating that his good lady wife's lady bumps looked like 'a pair of spaniel ears'.  
    Not the most chivalrous retort, you'll agree.  They are indeed now divorced.

Back to beards, SWMBO is not fond of my irregular clean shaven interludes, as 'it makes you look too young'.   Conversely, she rarely opines about how statesmanlike, handsome and masculine I look with it.   

Not to worry, my Egg remains faultlessly supportive and obedient. 
    CORRECTION...

I should point out that is my colleague and his wife that are now divorced, not the spaniel ears.

Just wanted to clear that up for you all. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    ColtsFan said:
    Just got a glimpse at @YukonRon wine cellar 
    Too small.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,501
    The dividers and basket are going to be handy. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    ColtsFan said:

Yes sir they will👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    ColtsFan said:
    Instead of Cambro?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ...wondering....

What ever happened to Alabama?
    ...wondering....

It makes one stop and ponder for a moment doesn’t it ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,501
    ColtsFan said:
    Instead of Cambro?
    Still on the fence about the Cambro. I have a couple months before I'll really need it

I needed a larger cooler for sure. I had the 65 packed with 100+lbs of raw poultry not too long ago 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,724
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Instead of Cambro?
    Still on the fence about the Cambro. I have a couple months before I'll really need it

I needed a larger cooler for sure. I had the 65 packed with 100+lbs of raw poultry not too long ago 
    That’s a lot of bird
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    bgebrent said:
    If you had that load out Brent, you could have pulled some stale bread or duck food from it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    @saluki2007 What are those?
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    smokingal said:
    @saluki2007 What are those?
    ABTs. Used cream cheese, shredded Colby jack, green onion, left over smoked pulled chicken, and sprinkled in some AlbuKirky Green Chili rub. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    But when it comes to wine, compared to you, he has nothing!  Nice work!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    Very cool @YukonRon
    Not a felon
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited May 2019
    ...wondering....

It's gone "like a freight train" I was going to post last night that according to a new study, Alabama is the state with the most cities ranked in the top 50 for dangerous crime.

https://www.safewise.com/blog/most-dangerous-cities/
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Nice Ron, beautiful scenery 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    northGAcock said:
    If you had that load out Brent, you could have pulled some stale bread or duck food from it.
    I'll be damned, there really is a "Purina Duck Chow"...

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,089
    Wishing I could unfollow the “whats in your bag thread”  ;-)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.