Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    No one would ever steal a flag from Morgan!

=) 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Aluminum plate...no problem (but LOUD)
    Options
    No beer advent calendar for me (not much of a beer drinker) but my wife quite correctly thought this was right up my alley:
    Today's hot sauce said "CAUTION: Very Hot" which was more than a touch of hyperbole. Mild with good flavor (similar to Blis Blast Pepper Sauce). Was good on some leftover cold pizza.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    No beer advent calendar for me (not much of a beer drinker) but my wife quite correctly thought this was right up my alley:
    Today's hot sauce said "CAUTION: Very Hot" which was more than a touch of hyperbole. Mild with good flavor (similar to Blis Blast Pepper Sauce). Was good on some leftover cold pizza.
    That is also very cool (pun intended).  

The problem with hot stuff is that - just how hot it seems - depends a lot on what you're used to.  So I think a lot of these companies are just overly cautious if there's any amount of heat - because some folks might just find it to be VERY HOT! 

We haven't quite educated ourselves as a society yet where everyone understands something like Scoville units.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just got home.  We went to see the lights at bellengrath gardens.. glad to be back home in my own recliner even though I do enjoy the beach

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited December 2018
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    We went to see the lights at bellengrath gardens.. 
    @DuckDogDr
     Question if I may. Do you live in the Mobile/Theodore are?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just got home.  We went to see the lights at bellengrath gardens.. glad to be back home in my own recliner even though I do enjoy the beach

Punching above your weight! B) Looks like fun @DuckDogDr
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DuckDogDr
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @SGH, nope I live in Tuscaloosa....even though I'm an Auburn fan .
    @alaskanassasin. Yeap shes put up with me for awhile. Told her she has to make it through duck season before she can call herself a keeper though  =)
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Back from swim.  Boys and girls finished second.  Not bad. 
  • SGH
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @SGH, nope I live in Tuscaloosa....

This is good ^^^^^^^^^^^^. Gods country. 

even though I'm an Auburn fan .

This is terrible ^^^^^^^^^. Spawns of Satan 
     ;) 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DuckDogDr
    Options
    @SGH..cant agree with those comments 
  • SGH
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @SGH..cant agree with those comments 
    For the record, I’m just messing with you brother. However I really do like the Tuscaloosa area. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    neighborhood bonfire

Options

Options
    @nolaegghead I like rum.  Looks like Algiers Point was rockin' last night.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @nolaegghead did you throw any grease on the fire?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Sitting at the airport on a Sunday. fml
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DuckDogDr
    Options
    Trying to meal prep to eat a little healthier.  Something's gotta change...and I know my work schedule isn't for at least the next 2 months ..so i figured the one thing i have control over is my eating...last time i put on that wet suit..it wasnt too flattering. So for this upcoming gauntlet of shifts..instead of papa John's or take out Chinese..

Its chicken thighs, salad  :| , buffalo sliders with brown rice ..and a cup of coconut yogurt 

• SGH
    Options
    Enjoying the early winter weather again today. On 82 degrees. 

Status- Standing by.

• Woadie
    Woadie Posts: 154
    Options
    Firing up the egg for the first time in a while.  Just doing some hamburgers for the family and in laws.  
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    JohnInCarolina 

very solid
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • SGH
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Just pulled a turkey pot pie out of the oven. 
    Awesome brother👍

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Pork tenderloin (2) stuffed with a mushroom-onion-truffle stuffing, wrapped in bacon.  Smoked on the BGE at 400F raised direct for about 45 min.  Roasted sprouts cooked on the RB to go with:

Other than that rabbit food it looks excellent 👍

Status- Standing by.

• SonVolt
    Options
    Wow. Where’d you get the truffles? Don’t think ive ever seen them on a grocery store before. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SGH
    Options
    Woadie said:
    Firing up the egg for the first time in a while.  Just doing some hamburgers for the family and in laws.  
    Nothing wrong with burgers my friend. Especially grilled ones👍

Status- Standing by.

• SonVolt
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hard 8’s pitiful excuse for brisket. I think it was chopped for the guy’s potato in front of me.  Didn’t think he’d plop the excess on my plate too. Shady.  The slices you see are sirloin, the pile of mush is the brisket.