Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Jew, muslim and a redneck walk into a bar....

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    I think because I put a very large afro in it. They didn't delete it, but stopped it from bumping.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,811
    @sgh I would love to hear what that thread had in it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SGH
    edited October 2014
    A afro.^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Had no idea we were so sophisticated - Shakshuka sounds so much more elegant than eggs in pasta sauce. Great looking meal, have not had this in some time and have never "egged" it. We serve over toasted french bread or pasta. 

@Mickey - noted your comment re the platesetter vs woo and stone and wondered - what is the difference? Using a stone or the setter seems it would have the same airflow, hence same heat potential - maybe the setter has more mass and takes longer to get to heat? Just wondering....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,693
    Had no idea we were so sophisticated - Shakshuka sounds so much more elegant than eggs in pasta sauce. Great looking meal, have not had this in some time and have never "egged" it. We serve over toasted french bread or pasta. 

@Mickey - noted your comment re the platesetter vs woo and stone and wondered - what is the difference? Using a stone or the setter seems it would have the same airflow, hence same heat potential - maybe the setter has more mass and takes longer to get to heat? Just wondering....

On the Larges and Mini much better/faster heat with stones.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,811
    I woke up with stones one morning and it hurt like a ****!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @Skiddymarker‌. .. Had no idea we were so sophisticated - Shakshuka sounds so much more elegant than eggs in pasta sauce.

I didn't name it. We don't call hotdogs "lips and **** in a bun".
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Great looking cook!
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • henapple said:

@Skiddymarker‌. .. Had no idea we were so sophisticated - Shakshuka sounds so much more elegant than eggs in pasta sauce.

I didn't name it. We don't call hotdogs "lips and **** in a bun".

=))
    Flint, Michigan
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I prefer my plate setter over the woo for indirect on the mini. It gives you that extra inch and a half in height that you lose with the woo and thats important when working with such little space to start with.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    SGH said:
    I think because I put a very large afro in it. They didn't delete it, but stopped it from bumping.
    Well, we know what happened the last time you did that.
  • SGH
    I really like afro's. I don't see the problem. I'm actually in the process of growing one myself. Can I no longer post pics of myself when I'm fully fro'ed up?

Status- Standing by.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Good to see you learned how to cook while I was on my sabbatical, @henapple. I agree with @Mickey--what the hell is a platesetter?  
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SGH
    edited October 2014
    @henapple‌
    After having the honor of meeting you in person, you are truely one of my favorites on the forum brother Apple. But your avatars make me feel like I'm doing something wrong when I look at them. Gracious brother Apple.

Status- Standing by.

• Eggcelsior
    SGH said:

I really like afro's. I don't see the problem. I'm actually in the process of growing one myself. Can I no longer post pics of myself when I'm fully fro'ed up?

I don't remember you having curly hair. Either way, it wasn't the hair, it was the stereotyped characterizations in the pictures you chose.
  • SGH
    I don't have naturally curly hair. That being the case, I purchased a product called afro sheen from Walmart. It is working wonders thus far. If you are interested in sporting a fro, I highly recommend the product.

Status- Standing by.

• Eggcelsior
    SGH said:
    I don't have naturally curly hair. That being the case, I purchased a product called afro sheen from Walmart. It is working wonders thus far. If you are interested in sporting a fro, I highly recommend the product.
    Your name from now on with be Phil Spector Jr.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    henapple said:
    @Skiddymarker‌. .. Had no idea we were so sophisticated - Shakshuka sounds so much more elegant than eggs in pasta sauce. I didn't name it. We don't call hotdogs "lips and **** in a bun".
    Dad always called hot dogs eye holes, ear holes and arse holes - lips and **** makes just as much sense
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    Chubbs said:

Good to see you learned how to cook while I was on my sabbatical, @henapple. I agree with @Mickey--what the hell is a platesetter?  

chubbs.... =D>
  • That looks tasty Henapple.
  • henapple
    Thanks.
  • What?? Another avatar change??? WTF, Chuck? I can't handle this!!!!! I'm outa here!
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    Bacon baby. ...
  • Bojangles
    Bojangles Posts: 118
    SGH said:
    SGH in afro sheen?!!  ..........Should we be flagging this post?
    Large BGE  |  Blackstone  |  Custom Dísco  |  PolyScience Discovery
    --------------------------------------------
    my Big Green Egg has saved many-a-Sunday that my Miami Dolphins attempted to ruin.
    --------------------------------------------
  • SGH
    @Bojangles‌
    Brother Bo, afro sheen is a legally sold hair product. Nothing taboo at all about it. I have been using it for years just like the Victorinox knives. When I find a product that works I like to share. The Victorinox knives take a lot of work out of your breaking tasks and in kind afro sheen makes it much easier to don a fro if you so desire. I am not affiliated with neither Victorinox nor afro sheen. Just a happy user of both of these very fine products.

Status- Standing by.

• Eggcelsior
    I wonder if the sheen is available anywhere else, since Walmart is the Devil's concubine.
  • SGH
    Yes sir. It can be purchased at Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, Winn Dixie, Kmart, Piggly Wiggly, Dollar General, Family Dollar as well as any beauty shop or hair salon. It's widely available. It can also be purchased on line from numerous retailers. If you are having trouble locating it, i will gladly ship you a case.

Status- Standing by.

• henapple
    Also at O'Reilly's and Autozone...WD-40 =))
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I wonder if the sheen is available anywhere else, since Walmart is the Devil's concubine.
    Walmart is completely *&^%$ evil.  I went there for the first time in a year or two and spent 45 minutes checking out, only reason I went is to buy arrows and some fishing gear.  Good thing I didn't have a bow in the cart.

SWMBO went today and said she is reminded why she doesn't usually shop there.  She did some price matching and coupons and they EFFED the pooch with her checkout.  She had to get in another line, then no-one knew how to fix the overcharges, after three people and 30 minutes she finally got it straightened out.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/