Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp in NOLA!!!

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @Wolfpack - everyone's been incredible with pitching in.    For me, just having people take the time getting a flight and hotel to come is reward enough.  @SGH has spent a small fortune experimenting with turbo briskets.  I think CT is sending a SRF Gold to cook. Anyway, perhaps we'll do it next year and you can make it down.
    Boudin balls from Tony's Seafood in Baton Rouge are the best I've ever had.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    @nolaegghead‌
    I'm glad to help my friend. I'm actually honored that you are allowing me to take part. Hope I don't disappoint!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    @SGH - my honor to have you.  You and CT are the celebrity chefs here.  I'm going to invite a couple professional chefs, but they aren't eggers, and they'll just be there for the good times, and exposure to kamado cooking.
    Found a couple of destitute raccoons that will perform tricks for corn.  This might work out nicely.  Or not.

Nola, Dat Porsche too. I want to do a ground level burnout video at 60 fps to do some sweet slo-mo. If only I had a boom crane.
  • nolaegghead
    @Eggcelsior - I've yet to turn off the PSM for a burnout.  Maybe we'll try that.

Hey, I was wondering if you'd be a willing platform for a GoPro?  Think about it, you're like 7 feet tall, and I could hook my GoPro up to your head and we'll get a "boom crane" record of the events, which we can post on the forum, or charge people to not post on the forum....
    GrowPro-
    Greensboro, NC
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I'm cool with that. I can bring my snowboarding helmet and put a mount on it. That should add 3-4 inches so I'd get about a 6'9" perspective. Whatever works.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,057
    Dang it! If I wasn't suckered into moving I would be there. Might have to try and weasel my way into this. I've always wanted to go to NOLA.
  • nolaegghead
    Of course you'll look ridiculous, but I appreciate your sacrifice.  Actually, now that I think about it, you'll look really cool.  I saw Mark Everett in the Eels at HOB do a whole show with a leather aviator helmet and goggles.   That dude is cool.
    @TigerTony - those guys look cool - kinda biker band look and sound to them.  Give your keyboard player acquaintance a call and feel him out if you don't mind.  I have a PA they can plug into.
    edited September 2014
    @nolaegghead‌ - I'll give Victor a call tomorrow and find out info for you.
    He is great on the keyboard and he is also the best metal polisher I know.
    And how fitting is the bands name?
    Pigpen and the Porkchops. Gotta love it.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• nolaegghead
    I thought that immediately..  Apropos.  And they sound like they might be into this kind of thing.
    Ok late entry here but I did some work and me and my lady are gonna make the trip. She's working on a hotel as we speak. This is better than going to Disney world.
  • nolaegghead
    U_tarded - eggcellent!  Let me know when you have everything booked.  I'll PM you my cell.

Warning:  drinking of alcohol, dancing and other non-Utah related activities may result in eternal damnation depending on given religion of said participant.
    I have contacted TonyTiger and I think we're a go on the band - pigpenandtheporkchops.com

They're gonna call me for the details.  I'm thinking the music probably should start in the late afternoon.

U_tarded - eggcellent!  Let me know when you have everything booked.  I'll PM you my cell.

Warning:  drinking of alcohol, dancing and other non-Utah related activities may result in eternal damnation depending on given religion of said participant.

I'm not a native to utah so alcohol runs deep in my veins. We pretty excited I will let you know as we get things nailed down. Flights are gonna be a bit loose for us because we will fly standby (benefit of my wife's job). I will keep ya posted and thanks again for doing this!
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    UPDATE:

I'll try staying sober but I have the feeling the Porsche and BMW motorcycle keys will be taken from me early.  I'll attempt to stay sober enough to pick up people from the airport. 

I'll whip up a flyer with more details but it's on.

Nola, what BMW bike do you have?
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Found a couple of destitute raccoons that will perform tricks for corn.  This might work out nicely.  Or not.

Or they'll just steal your food.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    @Hibby - a 2011 F800R.  It's fun!  I also have a Buddy 150.

@nolaegghead‌
    I want to drive the car!! ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    @SGH - sure, but you have to obey the speed limits around this neighborhood.  One of my friends is banned from ever driving it again after the last time.
    edited September 2014
    @nolaegghead‌
    I'm just kidding man. With my nerve disorder I would not dare risk driving something that nice. But thanks all the same.

Status- Standing by.

• U_tarded said:
    Ok late entry here but I did some work and me and my lady are gonna make the trip. She's working on a hotel as we speak. This is better than going to Disney world.
    sweet!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Mine is a bit older. A 2004 R1150RS. I'll snap a picture as soon as I finish putting the wheels back on (just got new rubber)
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • @SGH - my honor to have you.  You and CT are the celebrity chefs here.  I'm going to invite a couple professional chefs, but they aren't eggers, and they'll just be there for the good times, and exposure to kamado cooking.
    I'm just SGH's sous chef for the day.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    I'm going to be there taking notes and carrying lump for y'all. The cooking is in y'all's hands. I will gladly help with the food disposal though. I'm pretty useful in that capacity.

Status- Standing by.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    This is gonna be a blast.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • nolaegghead
    I'm off work between Wed Sept 17 and the following Monday.  Gonna get stuff set up and an extra day to make bail after the event.

Sounds like @henapple will make it!  Hide your bacon! 

Good chance Travis will make it too.  Travis, Tony and I shared an egg when we cooked at Salado couple years back.

I might need to get another team of lawyers on standby....