Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,355
    Options
    About to egg some ABT's for a guys get- together at a buddies house. He starts chemo next week for colon cancer. 31 years old, self-employed, wife, 2 year old and a newborn. Crazy 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,871
    edited July 2017
    Options
    About to sleep off my Sunday roast.  
    Topside, direct heat, 2 hours around 350F.   First time with direct, so a bit too well for me, although crust was nice. A straight 10 out of 10 from SWMBO, though.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,462
    Options
    @ColtsFan - good for you guys.  Those look great.
    Now regarding cancer- F cancer.  Take no prisoners and tell your buddy to push the medical community to be as aggressive (full attack mode) as needed to beat the friggin thing.  Hopefully caught early and he will be cancer-free at the close of the chemo.  
    Thoughts and prayers for your buddy and his family.  He's got this!!!!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Personally recovering from a great play last night with SWMBO- (may be off the couch in a week or so).
    Went to a very nice restaurant (with oldest son and his wife celebrating his 30th B'day) and she orders a local fancy farmed pork chop.  Prior to the waiter taking the order I suggested that when he asks "How would you like it done, she respond with 140*F."  The look on his face was worth the couch treatment.  Too funny.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    About to sleep off my Sunday roast.  
    Topside, direct heat, 2 hours around 350F.   First time with direct, so a bit too well for me, although crust was nice. A straight 10 out of 10 from SWMBO, though.
    I like that too, makes great sandwiches. Did a piece 275 indirect and finished in foil at the weekend. A bit dry, but super tender.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,028
    Options
    About to head up to DC for a couple of days on behalf of the DOE.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - you've gotta be working on some future advanced and powerful toys.  If so, I wish you and your colleagues every success.  Safe travels.  

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Reverse sear two filets and a tri-tip
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Storm is going West to East.  I think I might get some weather soon.  

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options

Sorry no sliced pic of the tri tip, going to eat it for lunch the next couple days
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Please tell me Groupon doesn't send targeted ads, they just send the same thing to everyone.  Right?  This wasn't just specifically for me?!

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    One last Gander walk through.
    Found the knife kit placed on a shelf in the shoes.
    The cookbook is from a MN chef, 4 bucks.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Watching my boy Jimmie rocked that 48 'til the wheels fell off in OT!  Love it!!!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    And...away. We. Go
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    If I could geT this Spanish sport center, I would never watch the English feed again. I only understand 1/10 of it, but it's entertaining 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Just completed reading "The Admirals" as suggested to me by @lousubcap.
    Fascinating book for me.  As with 'Cap, I highly recommend it as well.
    As an old Army soldier, it is often difficult to imagine a tip of the hat to the squids, however, being a history fanatic, these men who gathered 5 stars as Admirals of the Navy, should have not been limited to just 5. They deserved so much more for the job they had done. Incredible.
    Leaders and heroes, from Annapolis were the common thread for each, yet so different in life. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sealing the top bottom inside....... well here is a picture. You be the judge of what I am sealing.

.....And enjoying the bounty of the harvest.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eoin
    Options
    Sealing the top bottom inside....... well here is a picture. You be the judge of what I am sealing.

.....And enjoying the bounty of the harvest.

What did you use for sealer. I have 2 stumps as tables and need to seal them now they have dried out a bit.
  • northGAcock
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Eoin I am using a clear exterior sealer. Two coats into it so far. Prob do at min a 3rd coat.

• northGAcock
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Legume said:
    Please tell me Groupon doesn't send targeted ads, they just send the same thing to everyone.  Right?  This wasn't just specifically for me?!

Just not right on several fronts. I am of the opinion.....if you got them....you should work um.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Taking a break from the water park.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Tearing out my upstairs bathroom, waiting for the plumbing to be completely redone prior to starting the rebuild and replacement. Watching money launch out the window $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eoin
    Options
    Just finished a day fighting my camper to get it to run right.
  • lousubcap
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Finishing off some ABT's (chorizo and habanero cheese filling) for a non-traditional B'day gift.  (Couple of Armadillo eggs for me and breakfast down the road).  Poor man's SBGE two tier rig-1 3/4" copper Tees and a weber 10" grid for the second level.  Works great.  

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,355
    Options
    Cabling guy canceled, so fat boy (me) is pulling network cables today. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Drinking my share of all inclusive booze. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Having an old fashioned trying to survive this first day back after vacation. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Today was the first time in 4 days I was able to get off the bed without staggering around (inter ear I guess)  Had to go get some paper work from the DR. and Aldi's was just around the corner, a refresh grand opening.  Anyhow, picked up some salmon, shrooms and of course strawberrys for $1.29.  
    Caught crap from the wife for cooking but it dang sure was good.  
    The wife would not allow me on the deck so I had to use the stove.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Dranken
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.