Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,054
    Options
    Tornado warning with sirens going off here in town. Some wicked looking clouds.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,582
    Options
    @WeberWho - don't F with Mother Nature.  My first up close deal with a tornado (EF-1) was the end of April.  Debris field was around 3/4 mile from the house (closest I have ever been) and very defined.  Don't need to see such destruction again.  Fortunately no one killed but some healthy property damage.  
    Stay safe.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,054
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - don't F with Mother Nature.  My first up close deal with a tornado (EF-1) was the end of April.  Debris field was around 3/4 mile from the house (closest I have ever been) and very defined.  Don't need to see such destruction again.  Fortunately no one killed but some healthy property damage.  
    Stay safe.  
    That's some scary stuff @lousubcap Nothing too traumatic here. Just some formations being spotted. Light rain. Surrounding areas had hail. Some more severe weather on its way. I'm glad this previous one didn't morph into anything else
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,365
    Options
    Just took some tilapia off the Blackstone. Never disappointed with this. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,554
    Options
    **** of a time getting home from work tonight; a private plane nose-dived onto I-15 northbound, four killed.  This might be on your national news, it was pretty bad; thoughts to the families.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,435
    Options
    One of my kids found my pigtail flipper!  Right were I left it .  . . in the fishing boat.  Those kids move everything!  Been missing it sooooo long. . . I guess I should go fishing more often.  Every time i cant find a lure or rig i knew I once had, I just check one of the kids tackle boxes.  Somehow, they are taking their inheritances prematurely.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    One of my kids found my pigtail flipper!  Right were I left it .  . . in the fishing boat.  Those kids move everything!  Been missing it sooooo long. . . I guess I should go fishing more often.  Every time i cant find a lure or rig i knew I once had, I just check one of the kids tackle boxes.  Somehow, they are taking their inheritances prematurely.

I can't tell you how many times I have looked for a tool (of the mechanic type) and it had disappeared. Some of the things my son used them for, blew my mind....like to smoke things (not food). Things are back to normal now....as both are grown and out on their own. I am probably just doing a better job of putting my tools back to where I keep them.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    My kids were using my Thermapen to check the temp of the pool water the other day...
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I've gotten so used to my pig tail flipper, I would be searching for it too.  Never thought I would like such a thing.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I've gotten so used to my pig tail flipper, I would be searching for it too.  Never thought I would like such a thing.  

And thanks to Matt, I too am a convert.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    kl8ton said:

And thanks to Matt, I too am a convert.

Thunder buddies for life!  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Waiting on a roast.
    May you have to open a new bottle before it's done....assuming that is a good thing.
    Yeah if I had another one to open......oh wait...
    That is a nice cork collection you have there. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,878
    Options
    That's a great mahi haul @theyolksonyou.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,901
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Keep moving that tent and hydrating. Your outdoor kitchen is looking good.
    We're getting hit with rain bands so no outdoor work for me!! :)
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,377
    Options
    Just found out that the company I currently work for is probably going out of business tomorrow, laying everyone off in the process. Luckily my next opportunity is right around the corner. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• bgebrent
    Options
    Just found out that the company I currently work for is probably going out of business tomorrow, laying everyone off in the process. Luckily my next opportunity is right around the corner. 
    Sorry to hear but glad your not in a pinch.  Good luck brother.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    @foghorn 5 people fishing. My son and I pulled in 2 a piece. Good morning until he got his share of the 4' seas.  Spent the last two hours bent over the gunwales. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @Battleborn good luck with the new endeavor. One door closes...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,248
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Antonio Brown arriving at Training Camp. Like.A.Boss

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I feel your pain. My company just sold and we aren't sure if they are keeping us or not. Nothing like uncertainty looming over your head. O'well. That's the oil field.  Hopefully my 7 years pays off. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Allstate just laid off 4000 nationally and replaced them with frigging smart phones. Really. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Sweet @DoubleEgger

Thomas Davis arrived in this. Thought it was neat. 

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,582
    Options
    @Battleborn - congrats on having a follow-on plan ready to go.  Don't know your line of work but given the speed with which things are moving, I would guess that unfortunately such "surprises" may be the norm in your industry.
    Regardless, spineless for waiting til Friday but again the norm these days.    

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,372
    Options
     I'm used to finding the occasional rock in my Rockwood but this is new, asphalt 

Jacksonville FL
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Just finished eating dinner.  Some burgers off the Mini Max. Straightening up the patio and listening to some tunes.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I'm cutting heavy azzed pieces of limestone in this blazing Texas heat. I must be one of those dumb aggies they tell jokes about...

The kitchen is moving forward however.

Nothing like a plan coming together.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,554
    Options
    Dobie said:
     I'm used to finding the occasional rock in my Rockwood but this is new, asphalt 

Might give you a nice petroleummy essence a la my Dad's gasoline-soaked briquets, on spareribs!  Yum!!

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• bgebrent
    Options
    Lake time.  Stocked up for a visit from Piney and Sandy.