Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options

Babysitting another pig this morning for a graduation party this afternoon. 
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,170
    Options
    DMW said:
    Was over at my buddy's place, reverse seared some porterhouse steaks.

Got all fancy

And then not so much...

My most wonderful better half drove me home...

Got some butts out of the fridge

Rubbed them down

Meanwhile the XL is coming up to temp

And I am here on the forum while I drink some more and wait to put them on.
    Living large up there....living large.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,743
    Options
    Would that the poison was only getting dished out weekly...but time to stop leaning in on the third rail here as I don't want to sabotage this thread.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    CSPAN at 0130 is always exciting. No repeal, no replace. Meep-meep.

Can't wait for the inevitable tweetstorm later today.
    The senior Senator from Arizona.  I didn't think he had it in him, but there you have it.
    Yup he's an a$$.   Navy grad.  Go figure.    He's in serious need of adoration and love from the media so there you have it.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,617
    Options
    Playing with my new toy, a Nikon-mount Zhong Yi "Mitagon" 20mm f2 micro lens, shoots between 4 and 4.5x life-size.  

Needs a LOT of light, but allows me to photograph Abe's statue in the Lincoln Memorial, on the back of a penny:

It's built exceptionally well (made and designed in China), not much glass in it at all, a THREE-blade aperture.  Definitely a studio-only lens, very tricky to set up.  

We'll go dancing in the dark,

Walking thru the park, 

And reminiscing....      - LRB

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,192
    Options
    thetrim said:
    HeavyG said:

The senior Senator from Arizona.  I didn't think he had it in him, but there you have it.
    Yup he's an a$$.   Navy grad.  Go figure.    He's in serious need of adoration and love from the media so there you have it.   
    I think you're right about the media love, but in the end he stopped a process that was basically insane.  I think history will be pretty kind to him for that, but time will tell.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Pulled the drip pan and replaced with beans.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,449
    Options

Watching my turkeys free range. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • thetrim
    Options
    thetrim said:
    HeavyG said:

I think you're right about the media love, but in the end he stopped a process that was basically insane.  I think history will be pretty kind to him for that, but time will tell.  
    Depends on who's writing the history but you're probably correct.   What's insane is the POS system that got rammed thru seven years ago.  The Repubs deserve what they get when they had seven years to out a better plan out there, campaign on it, then $hit the bed when it's go time.  The Turtle (Mitch) needs to find a new job!  
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Out with the old...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,321
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Be thankful for your warranty on your Big Green Egg. Not so much fun with the Big Steel Keg and no warranty. I have two out of three screws stripped on the hinge mechanism on the dome causing tons of play from front to back. No easy way to fix the stripped screws. I had to drill out rivets on the dome just to seperate the two lids. I picked up a new Rutland gasket to replace the old hardened one. I still need to figure out how to add new screws. What a chore for a couple stripped screws. I'll take a cracked ceramic piece any day!

I wonder if if you could fill holes with steel jbweld then drill and tap?  Or drill out more and use threaded inserts or helicoils?  How thick is region that strippe?
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Teaching the nice elderly lady next door to me smoking tips. she saw a master built smoker for sale at a garage sale and loaded it up in her Honda Civic. She has a chicken breast going now. She's basically my adopted mother at this point. She let's me borrow all her late husband's power tools when needed.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    The spirit is willing, unfortunately too "limpy" today.....

Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Just some bony ribs I had in the freezor long enough.  Went by the fish shop and grabbed a few shrimp for app's.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• thetrim
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Be thankful for your warranty on your Big Green Egg. Not so much fun with the Big Steel Keg and no warranty. I have two out of three screws stripped on the hinge mechanism on the dome causing tons of play from front to back. No easy way to fix the stripped screws. I had to drill out rivets on the dome just to seperate the two lids. I picked up a new Rutland gasket to replace the old hardened one. I still need to figure out how to add new screws. What a chore for a couple stripped screws. I'll take a cracked ceramic piece any day!

I wonder if if you could fill holes with steel jbweld then drill and tap?  Or drill out more and use threaded inserts or helicoils?  How thick is region that strippe?
    I'm still not sure I know quite what you are trying to rehab?  I have some mad respect for your skills, @WeberWho but that doesn't look anything like a smoker.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Trying to decide if I should buy a Stoker or a Digi-Q DX-2
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    @bgebrent I find it incomprehensible you got @piney to drink Miller lite. Tell sandy hello 
  • Hibby
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Out with the old...

Is that a stainless KAB?
  • Hibby
    Options

Babysitting another pig this morning for a graduation party this afternoon. 

You're using my favorite lump charcoal
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • thetrim
    Options
    About to watch some serious ass whipping go down on Showtime!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    #Charlo
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @tarheelmatt

I will show you the kitchen when the back splash install is done! 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    @tarheelmatt

Backsplash is over rated, right @theyolksonyou ?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    @tarheelmatt

Backsplash is over rated, right @theyolksonyou ?
    You're damn skippy, TB. Two yrs and counting!
  • kl8ton
    Options
    At this point I think I would have left it painted the room color.  . . Like it was before the tile was ordered. 

Grand Rapids MI
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    My first brisket off at 4:30 rested 3 hours it was delicious 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,025
    Options
    Back splashes are like forks in this forum.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @Hibby no. Regular steel version. 1st one lasted over 3 years. I'll gladly buy another in 3 more years. Good product. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.