Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NC Butt Blast: Documenting the Atrocities

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,065
    Options
    Jupiter Jim is doing the drawing - lots of swag to give away!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,534
    Options
    If drunk then doing a great job of masking the behavior and beverages.  Definitely discrete with the adult fuel.  Have not seen any obvious adult beverages in any pics-but not really looking too hard either.  Sunday AM will be the measure...  Loos like a friggin' great time.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    If drunk then doing a great job of masking the behavior and beverages.  Definitely discrete with the adult fuel.  Have not seen any obvious adult beverages in any pics-but not really looking too hard either.  Sunday AM will be the measure...  Loos like a friggin' great time.  
    Trust me, I know these people. These are my people. They can only mask so long but things will come unraveled sure as rain.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Trust me, I know these people. These are my people. They can only mask so long but things will come unraveled sure as rain.
    My wife reminded me when I left that I am driving Sunday, not a passenger on a plane. Not sure what that has to do with anything...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,870
    Options
    DMW said:
    lousubcap said:
    My wife reminded me when I left that I am driving Sunday, not a passenger on a plane. Not sure what that has to do with anything...
    My wife makes puzzling statements like that too. Maybe they know each other. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• UTAsports
    Options
    What a great time with some amazing food.  Thanks to all those that put this on, ya'll did an outstanding job. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Sweet and spicy pineapple gems

These were phenomenal, as was everything else Jason made today.  Great work!
    Tried the Google machine with no luck.  Recipe?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @theyolksonyou knocked it out of the park. If we all explode from eating too much, it's his fault.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @johnnyp Go to Kelleys (@EggObsessed) web page . They have the recipe and the kit to do this. I did them at the N Texas BBQ Brethren Bash and they are great!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    @johnnyp my sauce is 3 parts honey 1 shriacha 1 bourbon
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    DMW said:
    lousubcap said:
    My wife makes puzzling statements like that too. Maybe they know each other. 
    They all know each other. 
    It's a **** cult 
  • tailg8ers
    tailg8ers Posts: 67
    Options
    Awesome job with all the food- especially to you guys organizing this!  Glad we were able to make it!  Won't need to eat again until next weekend!!!
    Cary, NC    LBGE & Mini Max
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,544
    Options

These were off the chain!! Awesome
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Dat Boudain? I sure am jealous. You southern boys can cook some shiznet

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    What a great time! Thanks to everyone who was involved in putting this thing on. Especially all the ones out there doing the cooking today. The food was great! It was great meeting you all today! We hope to be back next year!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options

These were phenomenal, as was everything else Jason made today.  Great work!
    I vote we start calling @theyolksonyou the "Magic Man of the Egg".  Do I hear a second?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Hate I couldn't make it- son's baseball game ran long and timing didn't work.  Looks like a really great time. Hope this is an annual event- hopefully I can make next year. Dang all these kids sports :)

Greensboro, NC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    Dylan knows what he's doing with the that pit beef. I could drink the sauce he makes for it

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    I don't think y'all had enough food though...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    NCSmoky said:

@Eggcelsior working his magic on Baltimore Pit Beef for a late night snack.
    Drunks and slicers go together like fingers and stitches 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX