Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NC Butt Blast: Documenting the Atrocities

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    <span>:rofl:</span>

On a serious note, I missed the ABTs and I'm pissed!
    Me too!  I think some items didn't achieve exit velocity from the small vicinity in which they were cooked.  Too good!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    <span>:rofl:</span>

On a serious note, I missed the ABTs and I'm pissed!
    Me too!  I think some items didn't achieve exit velocity from the small vicinity in which they were cooked.  Too good!
    You were doing the same right next to brother yolk.  I swear I tried to save some for you both.  Swear...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Looks like a killer time! Thanks for documenting all of it!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Well what an experience it was! Kay and I had a Blast, thanks to all that cooked and came to eat and share friendship. It was a Party for sure as late in the day the Cops showed up to make us return a table that we had taken from anther pavilion that was reserved by another party. If it wasn't for the doughnut bacon grilled cheese sandwiches and the Bourbon slushy that the Cop washed down the doughnut sandwich with we would have all gone to jail........ From the mud bugs to the best ever brisket, pecan pie, tomato pie, miss piggy pork, gyro's and I'm sure something I can't remember. The best part was for sure meeting some of the most kind and giving folks one would ever want to meet. At the end of the day it's the camaraderie with Eggheads that make it all so great. Looking forward to the 2nd annual NC Butt Blast. Jim and Kay

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bgebrent
    Options
    Well what an experience it was! Kay and I had a Blast, thanks to all that cooked and came to eat and share friendship. It was a Party for sure as late in the day the Cops showed up to make us return a table that we had taken from anther pavilion that was reserved by another party. If it wasn't for the doughnut bacon grilled cheese sandwiches and the Bourbon slushy that the Cop washed down the doughnut sandwich with we would have all gone to jail........ From the mud bugs to the best ever brisket, pecan pie, tomato pie, miss piggy pork, gyro's and I'm sure something I can't remember. The best part was for sure meeting some of the most kind and giving folks one would ever want to meet. At the end of the day it's the camaraderie with Eggheads that make it all so great. Looking forward to the 2nd annual NC Butt Blast. Jim and Kay
    Kudos to you Jim and Kay!  Couldn't agree more.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    12 hours since leaving and now traffic jam 15 miles from home!!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Wait!  There were boudin balls!  Dammit to hell!

can you get too much of Scott's wood? :o
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    DMW said:
    Ok, I'm home, everything is unloaded from the truck, some stuff still in the garage, but that can wait. I looked through my photos and I think this is the only one I have that someone else hasn't already posted.

My balls in @Thatgrimguy 's smoker. Boudin balls that is, c'mon kids, get your heads out of the gutter.

Thanks for all the compliments on the pig, glad everyone liked it. I did miss one one factor, it got way too dark. I think I know why, any guesses?

Pretty sure I used too much of @Thatgrimguy 's wood.

Anyway, that's again @Jupiter Jim for organizing the drawing. Some of my friends came as tasters but had to leave before the drawing, so they gave me their tickets. I ended up with all this.

@bgebrent - Thanks for this, wasn't expected, but much appreciated.

I figured since I spent all weekend cooking, I might as well not stop.

Glad your home safe, we are as well, was our pleasure to get the raffle together. Yes Thatgrimguy's  wood can be a problem! well that's what the rumor is!!!! :) Thanks for all you did as well.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    12 hours since leaving and now traffic jam 15 miles from home!!

Just pull over and start cooking.....  You'd be the hit of the traffic jam!

Seriously, glad you made it thru Atlanta easily.  I live here and I friggin hate driving thru this town on a daily basis!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Wait!  There were boudin balls!  Dammit to hell! - Friday night

can you get too much of Scott's wood? :o - Yes, yes you can

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Wait!  There were boudin balls!  Dammit to hell!

can you get too much of Scott's wood? :o
    I swear I tried to save some for you Jason, seriously...
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I ain't saying. I'm just saying.......
    bgebrentbgebrent  @JohnInCarolina, @tarheelmatt,@piney, @theyolksonyou, @DMW, @DoubleEgger,@Eggcelsior, @nolaegghead, @Thatgrimguy,@JupiterJim@JethroVA
    were all standing around giving me pointers on how to stir the shid. Excellent training for the forum
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Aside for Suzy's flight to France last year, on her birthday, for our marriage celebration, she said this weekend was her best.
    Thank all of you for making our first BGE one of the coolest events ever. EVER! I hope when we all do #2 together ( Yeah, I did that ) more of our folks can make it.
    as mentioned previously, this is Suzy's AKA "My Beautiful Wife" birthday, we left the NCBB for the Biltmore for a couple of days.
    After touring the place we went to the wine shop. We did the tastings of some rather spectacular wines.
    I got to share this right now, the wine we tasted here was nowhere near the wine we had shared with our friends during the final evening. I will take Barefoot and Liberty school with you all and a camp fire, over the finest anywhere else.
    Thank everyone. Thanks for making our world just a whole lot better.
    MBW pics to follow......
    LOL Ron!  Don't let us drag down your wine preferences!  I however agree with your conclusion.  Great seeing you and Suzy.  Please, no pics from the petting zoo.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Doctors, PhDs, Chemists, Engineers, my as$. MENSA, total BS!!!!
    The only thing that saved this project was duct tape.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    That is F'ing hilarious!  How many post grads does it take to pitch a KY tent?  A bunch, we we're in NC where they all have KY voodoo dolls.  And @nolaegghead was there. Nuff said!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    That is F'ing hilarious!  How many post grads does it take to pitch a KY tent?  A bunch, we we're in NC where they all have KY voodoo dolls.  And @nolaegghead was there. Nuff said!
    there's so much wrong with that statement, I don't know where to begin. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    there's so much wrong with that statement, I don't know where to begin. 
    For the love of God, press DELETE!!!!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Shocker!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    That looks like a great event--now most the eggfests have recipe books--who is in charge of that?  I see the recipe for the mushrooms (thanks), was there one posted for the pineapple that everyone is raving about?  And seems like there were several that need to be tried. TIA.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Matt hew, I really appreciate the ole NC try!  Your lame ass attempt at photo shop reflects that "quality" edumacation you got there.  Just so ya know, eyes don't bat, they blink so we all know yer lying.  Cheap assed way of buying me a shirt, hell, at least you got a real official NCAA championship t shirt, but that's cool.
    Feel free to expound ad nauseum how darn nice I am!  With this photography skill set and photoshop fail, we'll all be on the lookout for your go fund me site.  Your lucky your wife is such a great teacher! ;). You know I love you brother!
  • YukonRon
    Options

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @nolaegghead said that last night!  What's the significance??
  • YukonRon
    edited April 2016
    Options
    National Championships @bgebrent

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    National Championships @bgebrent
    Only wanted you to say it, not me!  You da man Ron!  Great seeing you both!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Back at you brother! My pleasure, and looking forward to many more.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Jealous I missed out.  Hopefully there will be a repeat that I can attend
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Aside for Suzy's flight to France last year, on her birthday, for our marriage celebration, she said this weekend was her best.
    Thank all of you for making our first BGE one of the coolest events ever. EVER! I hope when we all do #2 together ( Yeah, I did that ) more of our folks can make it.
    as mentioned previously, this is Suzy's AKA "My Beautiful Wife" birthday, we left the NCBB for the Biltmore for a couple of days.
    After touring the place we went to the wine shop. We did the tastings of some rather spectacular wines.
    I got to share this right now, the wine we tasted here was nowhere near the wine we had shared with our friends during the final evening. I will take Barefoot and Liberty school with you all and a camp fire, over the finest anywhere else.
    Thank everyone. Thanks for making our world just a whole lot better.
    MBW pics to follow......
    Ron Thanks for the kind words and now my friend you know why Kay and I have been attending Eggfest for the last 9 years! Happy Birthday to your Beautiful Wife. We are always asked at fests why we spend our own money on travel and food and then just give the food away and we are quite sure most people think we are crazy! At the end of every fests we are dog tired but have new friends and awesome memories of happy well fed people saying things like oh wow that's the best thing I have ever eatin! Like grilled cheese bacon sandwiches! Safe Travels home. Jim & Kay

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer