Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NC Butt Blast: Documenting the Atrocities

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @YukonRon sorry about your toe buddy. Take care of yourself.  Sorry I'm late to the party,  been at the beach.  
    Dude, if you do something stupid, like I did, and I am at the beach, I will check in when I get back too. No problem, hope you had a wonderful time my friend.
    Pride hurts worse than the foot. Suzy is close to becoming SWMBO instead of My Beautiful Wife, in taking care of me. I am definitely following orders here.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    The slushies got him toetalled.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Bet he was wearing a toe ga when it happened. ..
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    Options
    On the pineapple bite recipe, I tried it with dried pineapple and fresh pineapple side by side.  Way different result, must be the sugar in the dried pineapples.  The dried pineapple is way superior to fresh pineapple in this recipe.  
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Fresh breaks the bacon down. Dried doesn't because those juices are gone. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Matt.  I read where someone noted they could not prepare in advance for an eggfest with fresh.  I cooked as soon as I wrapped, so the bacon did not break down, it was just a totally different end product.
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    You folks certainly know how to knock it out back east, what a fantastic get together. 

Ron hope the foot gets better soon.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I made some yesterday and forgot to glaze them with anything and they were still great. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • YukonRon
    Options
    logchief said:
    You folks certainly know how to knock it out back east, what a fantastic get together. 

Ron hope the foot gets better soon.
    Thank you for the well wishes. 

I have only been to area BGE events sponsored by dealers and BGE. NCBB was not even in the same Universe as those others. It was, by far, totally superior in each facet. The guys that did the heavy lifting on this event provided a very high bar for any other event to try and clear.
    Liver stretching meetings before and after the event was off the charts.
    I drove almost 9 hours to get there, I would drive 24 if I had to.
    Great folks, great food, learned a ton, and great fun.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Matt.  I read where someone noted they could not prepare in advance for an eggfest with fresh.  I cooked as soon as I wrapped, so the bacon did not break down, it was just a totally different end product.
    I did some too with fresh with no sit and the texture and flavor wasn't right. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Also made the stuffed mushrooms per earlier recipe from the BBlast.  These were excellent too--only thing I will change is to try cream cheese next time instead of the spreadable cheese.  The spreadable melted too much and I lost a lot during cooking even with adjustable rig indirect setup.  Cream cheese holds up pretty well in ABT's so will see how that works next time in the mushrooms.  Thanks for some great new recipes.  Oh, and the shrimp tacos are da bomb too--great combo of flavors--that would be a feature appetizer in any very nice restaurant.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Also made the stuffed mushrooms per earlier recipe from the BBlast.  These were excellent too--only thing I will change is to try cream cheese next time instead of the spreadable cheese.  The spreadable melted too much and I lost a lot during cooking even with adjustable rig indirect setup.  Cream cheese holds up pretty well in ABT's so will see how that works next time in the mushrooms.  Thanks for some great new recipes.  Oh, and the shrimp tacos are da bomb too--great combo of flavors--that would be a feature appetizer in any very nice restaurant.
    I did spreadable cheese,  then mixed cream cheese in with the sausage mix too. 

People at work flipped out on that. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    Options
    I did spreadable cheese,  then mixed cream cheese in with the sausage mix too. 

People at work flipped out on that. 
    ^^^ this works well
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Seemed to me that the cheese liquified and the meatball cap sunk down and forced melted cheese out.  Somehow you guys avoided this problem.  Maybe my meatball cap too large
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    I took my jalepeno coring tool and scraped out some of the flesh inside the shroom and didn't fill the shroom too full with cheese. 

No sure of @Thatgrimguy technique,  but it was a winner !
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    Options
    I took my jalepeno coring tool and scraped out some of the flesh inside the shroom and didn't fill the shroom too full with cheese. 

No sure of @Thatgrimguy technique,  but it was a winner !
    @Thatgrimguy's stuffed mushrooms were ethereal!  Recipe occurred earlier in this thread.  Believe!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @YukonRon just catching up after being away....sorry to hear about your big toe. All the best on the recovery. I hope you are toe tally making progress!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Heading to Toepeka to work, I do hope it gets better before then.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    blind99 said:
    @tarheelmatt man that looks a crazy good recipe! What else is hiding in your head?
    Lol.. I do have a screwed up head and have many ideas for dishes that hasn't came to life, yet. 

Both those and the pork belly tacos were a little involved, but worth it.  
    We need to get you and @Dyal_SC together here in Columbia. You two are creative genesis. 
    Not only have @tarheelmatt and I started a creative Genesis, but we are geniuses too.   ;)  :rock_on:
    Ha! I missed this earlier.  Been away for the weekend. 

Soo, when we doing a big shindig at plantation de @northGAcock? I'm sure Craig is ready and so am I !
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRon
    Options
    My foot is swollen about the same size as the SRF Gold brisket made at the NCBB by @Thatgrimguy which was off the grid.

.northGAcock said:
    @YukonRon just catching up after being away....sorry to hear about your big toe. All the best on the recovery. I hope you are toe tally making progress!
    Toegether we laugh!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    blind99 said:
    @tarheelmatt man that looks a crazy good recipe! What else is hiding in your head?
    Lol.. I do have a screwed up head and have many ideas for dishes that hasn't came to life, yet. 

We need to get you and @Dyal_SC together here in Columbia. You two are creative genesis. 
    Not only have @tarheelmatt and I started a creative Genesis, but we are geniuses too.   ;)  :rock_on:

Soo, when we doing a big shindig at plantation de @northGAcock? I'm sure Craig is ready and so am I !
    Thought we were awaiting school to be let out?  I can get to plannin if you want. If you are thinking plantation however, I will need some time to see if I can find one......but think the current casa will serve us ok. 

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    blind99 said:

Thought we were awaiting school to be let out?  I can get to plannin if you want. If you are thinking plantation however, I will need some time to see if I can find one......but think the current casa will serve us ok. 
    Yeah, I was being a little playful and loose with my wording.  Need to wait till school lets out for my wife and then I'm game.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Anyone have pictures of the swag table with all the items we had to give out by chance?  

I totally sucked at taking pictures and documenting.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Sorry Matt. Kay just looked and we don't have a picture :( hope we are not fired! Jim & Kay

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Sooo. I really liked those pineapple jems ... And now I have 25lbs of chili spiced pineapple!!  15% off first order so why not get it in bulk! also ordered  2 lbs of its my rub smooth blend.

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Sorry Matt. Kay just looked and we don't have a picture :( hope we are not fired! Jim & Kay
    Well Kay is still the bomb with with me.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Bump.  Relive the glory dayze!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Bump.  Relive the glory dayze!