Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp in NOLA!!!

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother Tex I'm ashamed to say that I'm the one who did it. And it was on your Wagyu that we put on Unit 1. It had a big bald spot when the internal hit 187. I doctored it up to everyone's surprise. It worked just fine nonetheless. The bark was spot on. Had folks not caught me doing it no one would have known any difference.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @ChrisgrillsSTLMO‌
    Thank you for the very kind and generous words my friend. You are to kind sir. Brothers Tex and Nola deserve credit more than anyone. Both are truly great and skilled cooks. It was my honor to stand in their presence.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:

Brother Tex I'm ashamed to say that I'm the one who did it. And it was on your Wagyu that we put on Unit 1. It had a big bald spot when the internal hit 187. I doctored it up to everyone's surprise. It worked just fine nonetheless. The bark was spot on. Had folks not caught me doing it no one would have known any difference.

Actually I did it. I thought I was the one who was drinking ;)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    You may have done it again later but I did it at like 150
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    @SGH‌ those oysters look great, and maybe someday I'll make the trek to brisket camp :D
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Mrs. Nola believe me when I say that it was both a honor and pleasure to help. We are fortunate and blessed to have you and Nola as friends. I truly hope that my cooking did not disappoint.

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:

@ChrisgrillsSTLMO‌
    Thank you for the very kind and generous words my friend. You are to kind sir. Brothers Tex and Nola deserve credit more than anyone. Both are truly great and skilled cooks. It was my honor to stand in their presence.

This is silly. I was my normal drunk smartass self and SGH worked his ass off all day. This is the truth.
  • SGH
    Options
    Brother Tex you can ask brother apple. When I checked it at 187 it had a big naked spot. I doctored it with pepper only to even it out.

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:

Brother Tex you can ask brother apple. When I checked it at 187 it had a big naked spot. I doctored it with pepper only to even it out.

I hit it with rub way earlier too.
  • SGH
    Options
    Brother Tex you did a par excellent job. As did everyone.

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:

Brother Tex you did a par excellent job. As did everyone.

But I'm not lying, right? ;)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Next year I'd like to do either NOLA Cajun Eggz Camp or NOLA Creole Eggz Camp.  Expand the menu to surf and turf.
    Options
    @Phatchris‌
    Brother Phat you are welcome just this side of Biloxi as long as I'm here. There is nothing that I enjoy any more than meeting someone with a endless appetite. It is such a pleasure to sit down to 5 or 6 Ribeyes with someone who will eat 5 or 6 as well. I try to like everyone. That said I have a low tolerance for nibblers my friend. ;)

Status- Standing by.

• travisstrick
    Options
    Next year I'd like to do either NOLA Cajun Eggz Camp or NOLA Creole Eggz Camp.  Expand the menu to surf and turf.

You ****!!!!!! I'll be there with bells on. I'll sick my dad on catching some fish. Please do it agian next year.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SGH
    Options
    Brother Tex you was one of the kindest person that I ever met. Party Monster thought the world of you as well.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I think I can probably get a couple bad-ass chefs to come next year, or at least try.   Like Eman Loubier, who's a friend of SWMBO.  Get some of their chef friends to come and we can learn a lot.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    To all reading. There was a small knife left behind that was found during the clean up today. If you will PM me your address I will gladly mail it to you. Appears to be a 5" flexible boning knife in my estimate. Also a small multi tool pocket knife was found as well. I have them both in my possession and will gladly return them.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options

You ****!!!!!! I'll be there with bells on. I'll sick my dad on catching some fish. Please do it agian next year.
    Dude, come in a couple days early and we'll boat out to Grand Isle and catch the fish, ****!
    Options
    ...and if anyone picked up some sunglasses by accident, SGH is missing some expensive ones that were a gift from his wife.  Made him look like Bono.
    Options
    Coming soon....a video of the band introduction for the evening party.  Heads will explode. 
    SGH said:
    Brother Tex you was one of the kindest person that I ever met. Party Monster thought the world of you as well.

Tell party monster he only was the champ because T-bird wasnt there. Its easy to out party dinosaurs.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    To all reading. There was a small knife left behind that was found during the clean up today. If you will PM me your address I will gladly mail it to you. Appears to be a 5" flexible boning knife in my estimate. Also a small multi tool pocket knife was found as well. I have them both in my possession and will gladly return them.

it was mine. It's was $5 at SAMs. Keep it, trash it, or someone use it is a crime you do not want to pinned to.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Just in, our lawyers have reported that they sadly picked up no business from our event.  There were some close calls but everyone was clever enough to not get caught breaking the law.
    Options
    Please listen very close my friends when the lead singer starts speaking. The band is huge fans of cazzy and dedicated a few small but humble words to him. It is heart warming to hear. I play it over and over when feeling down. It truly soothes the soul to hear these words.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I told SGH it was a $6 knife and no one is going to bother looking for it.  He's a helluva honest guy.
    Options
    I have a few pictures I'll be posting in a bit, plus the video I mentioned.  Taking a break from putting stuff away, almost done.  Have to deliver a couple eggs and tables tomorrow, then the truck, then it's business as usual until next year.
    Options
    @SGH - those grilled oysters were off the hook, my friend.  Excellent work.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I'm counting the days down already. Going to bring Unit 6 next year. Thought maybe some whole hog. I had a lot of questions from folks about it so I think why not. I'm better at pork than beef any way.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    That fits in with both cajun and creole.   We will probably out grow the venue after next year.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Brother I think we could more than give Dragos a run for their money with those oysters. They were in a arena all to their self. Party Monster is still talking about them!!

Status- Standing by.