Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 948
    Options
    First on race day. 😁
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    The amount of electronics in this truck is crazy. I bought the extended warranty, which I've never done before, primarily because of all of the electronics in it, thinking their def going to die shortly down the road. The dashboard is like a tablet, and how long will that last? When we sold the house I couldn't believe how many phones and tablets I had to get rid of while cleaning out (brought them to recycling day in town) but It reminded me about how many devices quit on us prematurely, and also how we've become such a throwaway society and I hope that isn't what we can now expect in our cars.

@JohnInCarolina. Great pictures. Always wanted to go to France. I worked for a while as an international field service engineer, think it was maybe four years total, way way back in the late eighties. I was in Berlin when the wall came down, I went to Yugoslavia, Austria, Bulgaria, Ireland (prob forgetting a few) and all over the US as well. It was a whirlwind that wore me down eventually. The two countries I wished I had gone too are Italy and France.
    I’m a big believer in low-tech. When tech does work, it is spotty. And when it fails, it creates all sorts of problems where none previously existed. 

Life has gotten too complicated. I genuinely think we were happier with sticks and stones. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,485
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    The amount of electronics in this truck is crazy. I bought the extended warranty, which I've never done before, primarily because of all of the electronics in it, thinking their def going to die shortly down the road. The dashboard is like a tablet, and how long will that last? When we sold the house I couldn't believe how many phones and tablets I had to get rid of while cleaning out (brought them to recycling day in town) but It reminded me about how many devices quit on us prematurely, and also how we've become such a throwaway society and I hope that isn't what we can now expect in our cars.

@JohnInCarolina. Great pictures. Always wanted to go to France. I worked for a while as an international field service engineer, think it was maybe four years total, way way back in the late eighties. I was in Berlin when the wall came down, I went to Yugoslavia, Austria, Bulgaria, Ireland (prob forgetting a few) and all over the US as well. It was a whirlwind that wore me down eventually. The two countries I wished I had gone too are Italy and France.
    I’m a big believer in low-tech. When tech does work, it is spotty. And when it fails, it creates all sorts of problems where none previously existed. 

Life has gotten too complicated. I genuinely think we were happier with sticks and stones. 
    To a point  I agree.  However, being a relative dinosaur I still find myself measuring the advances of today versus the "old days."  In the main I will take today every time as will the great majority I suspect.  The advances across society are impressive.  Yes, it is not bullet proof.  However, the ability to assess any issue across many disciplines and quickly offer the way ahead is noteworthy. (Look at sous vide and all the other dollar sucking toys offered here.)
    Regarding cars and driving-the driving piece merits the low tech and simple approach.  Great for all the monitors and sensors to deal with engines and related peripherals but once you strap yourself behind the wheel, you need to be 100% committed to driving.  (All the the blind spot and other alerts such as active cruise control and lane departure warnings exist since drivers don't drive.) Off mini-soap box.  That's my take, FWIW.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,693
    Options
    I came here to say a Bronco is not a truck. Is a Jeep renegade a truck or a Honda ridgeline? Arguably, but a bronco? No.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    We had a Subaru forester that was burning a quart of oil a week. It was eventually recalled though we were over on miles because they waited years to admit it was an issue. Traded it in for top dollar. Never again 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ybabpmuts
    Options
    I came here to say a Bronco is not a truck. Is a Jeep renegade a truck or a Honda ridgeline? Arguably, but a bronco? No.
    I can't disagree. My daughter has a 2016 Chevy Silverado (has multiple horses) and that's a truck. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    I came here to say a Bronco is not a truck. Is a Jeep renegade a truck or a Honda ridgeline? Arguably, but a bronco? Noalaskanassasin said:
    You're bringing me down. I could have sworn the paperwork stated truck 😁
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Today any car with any hiccups would drive me to another ride.  I'm too old to wonder about "what next" and with Honda cars that is not a worry.  Of course if they don't offer something in your desired functionality I get it.   The great news-I am beyond the trip-wire (age-wise) of ever having to buy another car.  There are some small benefits to being old, albeit not many.  
    That is exactly why I don’t have a Ferrari. 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,457
    Options
    It’s far from a truck. Shares the same frame and suspension as the Ranger. My wife’s is 100% mall crawler. Can’t wait till it needs new tires,
    upgrade!
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    If a Honda Ridgeline is a truck... Then so was the El Camino.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    First on race day. 😁

only bought 1 ford for personal use, an f150. bought it with 18k miles on it, sold it around 35k miles. it still had the original motor but thats about it. never again, i must have worked every weekend during my senior year in college on it.  my f550 at work though is a beast but its just for local use, 3 to 4 k miles a year max, its been needy electrical wise but the truck is very basic no frills wise. now my range rover is all gadgets, the two rear quarter panels will make you dizzy looking at all the wires, fuses, plugandplays, etc. 175k and theres a coolant leak someplace that i cant find, first real problem in the most unreliable vehicle on the planet =) it takes a half hour to find the motor under the hood so finding a small leak someplace has been elusive at best
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    A El Camino is 10 times more truck than a Ridgeline. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    First on race day. 😁

only bought 1 ford for personal use, an f150. bought it with 18k miles on it, sold it around 35k miles. it still had the original motor but thats about it. never again, i must have worked every weekend during my senior year in college on it.  my f550 at work though is a beast but its just for local use, 3 to 4 k miles a year max, its been needy electrical wise but the truck is very basic no frills wise. now my range rover is all gadgets, the two rear quarter panels will make you dizzy looking at all the wires, fuses, plugandplays, etc. 175k and theres a coolant leak someplace that i cant find, first real problem in the most unreliable vehicle on the planet =) it takes a half hour to find the motor under the hood so finding a small leak someplace has been elusive at best

UV dye or pressure test. Could be evaporating
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options

V8 and a actual frame!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    First on race day. 😁

UV dye or pressure test. Could be evaporating
    I can smell it sometimes,  no drip on the pavement. what i need is a lift and remove all the plastic panels on top and underneath to actually see the hoses, radiator, water pump etc. the bottom is pretty much fully covered, if i see a drip it would likely show up behind the tailpipe.......its about a cup every week to every other week right now which is less than every other vehicle i ever owned. the brake lines are all covered as well, moisture in there has rotted a few lines but thats to be expected with the age and mileage. some day ill find the spark plugs but ill have to find the engine first =)

fukahwee maine

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Agreed!  Also, nobody should have designed a topper for either. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Watching the Masters with ice on the ankle and bourbon in the glass
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,041
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,041
    Options
    Saw this and thought of you, @CPFC1905

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,871
    Options
    Saw this and thought of you, @CPFC1905

I would never be of that doubt.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,871
    Options

It’s like Wacky Races at the top of the PL, with those cheeky imps Arsenal (Ant Hill Mob) now in the lead from Liverpool (Peter Perfect) and then City (**** Dastardly).  Seven games to go and you could not get a cigarette paper between them.  At the foot, Everton have been naughty stepped to the tune of two points, but remain just above the drop zone - while Luton and Forest are on equal points but straddling the dreaded relegation dotted line.   At first glance this weekend’s fixture look unlikely to subvert the current standings but funny things happen when the pressure mounts. 

Newcastle v Spurs - Toon aiming to keep the Euro dream alive and Spurs have snuck in to 4th, no-one knows how. Should be a good game and all results on the cards, 2-2

Brentford v Sheffield Utd - The Bees are in the doldrums and the Blades are a couple of defeats off relegation. A dismal encounter in store. 0-0

Burnley v Brighton  - the Clarets host a waning filthy Seagulls and might fancy nicking something here to keep their faintest of hopes alive for staying up.  But those wretches from the South Coast will  no doubt find an increasingly rare good performance in the back of their locker, 0-2

Man City v Luton - an away win in this one would be the result of ages. 1% of me sees it happening, the other 99 sees it as 5-0. Who’s in the 1% club with me?

Forest v Wolves - the hosts regressed to their mean last week with a defeat that leaves them teetering on the brink.  Their guests are safe and have little to play for. 1-0 

Bournemouth v Man Utd - with Utd the epitome of erratic this game is tricky to call. The Cherries’ great form needed last weekend and their true ability will be visible through the lens of this result. 1-1

Sunday

Liverpool v Palace, despite, or perhaps because of - defeat last night in the Euro tie : 3-0

West Ham v Fulham, Euro qualification is highly achievable for the Hammers while Fulham looked to have checked out already. 3-0

Arsenal v Villa, ought to be a routine home win but Villa’s boss had a dismal time a the helm of Arsenal a few seasons ago and will want to prove a point. As good as the Villains have been, the Gunners have found resolve and are pushing hard. 2-1.

Monday

Chelsea v Everton,  without four points in their last two matches the Toffees would have been right in the sticky stuff - and they still could be. Chelsea have found form - at last, and will see this as their chance to put pressure on the teams directly above the fighting for a Euro spot. 2-0.

A title race and relegation spots still unclaimed with seven games to go. What a time to be alive. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • fishlessman
    Options

where does the falcon ranchero fit in........is it a falcon car or a truck.  saw one for sale last summer, cute little thing whatever it is

1960 Ford Falcon Ranchero Base  Hagerty Valuation Tools

fukahwee maine

• GrateEggspectations
    Options

where does the falcon ranchero fit in........is it a falcon car or a truck.  saw one for sale last summer, cute little thing whatever it is

I may have to cry foul for posting that beaut here instead of on the exotics thread. 😉
  • fishlessman
    Options

I may have to cry foul for posting that beaut here instead of on the exotics thread. 😉

this ones from google, i have a neighbor that buys/sells out of his yard. it was in black, lasted a couple hours one morning. never got a chance to even look at it, just saw it driving to work early one morning. i should have stopped. its tiny but looks like fun
    fukahwee maine

• ColbyLang
    Options

Please note the Bronco sport is not a Bronco. It’s a Ford Escape with a different front clip. As a Bronco owner, I’m offended lol
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,575
    edited April 12
    Options
    Drove our son almost two hours north of the city to pick up their new kids mobile, even though there are many Toyota dealers close to home (long story)

canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,324
    Options
    Drove our son almost two hours north of the city to pick up their new kids mobile, even though there are many Toyota dealers close to home (long story)

I know someone who drives an older model of that. I used to call it the sandcrawler and would ask how his Jawas were doing ( Star Wars circa 1977).
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,043
    edited April 12
    Options

I know someone who drives an older model of that. I used to call it the sandcrawler and would ask how his Jawas were doing ( Star Wars circa 1977).

My sister-in-law bought a used one within the last year and they have over 15K+ in warranty work so far. The transmission went last month and they had sunroof drain tubes not drain properly when they first bought it. (The dealer had the van for weeks for that.) The warranty has been great but don't believe anyone who says Toyota's never break down. I'm hoping your son doesn't see any of those issues my sister-in-law has encountered so far. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,575
    Options
    WeberWho said:

My sister-in-law bought a used one within the last year and they have over 15K+ in warranty work so far. The transmission went last month and they had sunroof drain tubes not drain properly when they first bought it. (The dealer had the van for weeks for that.) The warranty has been great but don't believe anyone who says Toyota's never break down. I'm hoping your son doesn't see any of those issues my sister-in-law has encountered so far. 
    That's no bueno! Any former insider insight @Mickey ?
    canuckland
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 698
    Options
    WeberWho said:

The same for Honda. We have a pilot with a new transmission, fuel injectors, coolant system all under warranty. The warranty is great in theory. Kind of like getting into a wreck that wasn't your fault.