Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    lousubcap said:
    Guess I need to get into the archives and watch Melrose Place.  
    I would skip it.  
    Yeah, just get the Coles Notes from @DoubleEgger
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    lousubcap said:
    Guess I need to get into the archives and watch Melrose Place.  
    I would skip it.  
    I prefer Beverly Hills 90210, then The OC, followed by Dawson’s Creek.  Gilmore Girls gets honorable mention.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    Electrolux Laundry Center. Fun stuff. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Electrolux Laundry Center. Fun stuff. 
    Hahaha.   Yep, new fence and gates for me.   Fun stuff
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Atl_Buckeye
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

ColbyLang said:
    Fujikura Ventus TR Red golf driver shaft.
    Super senior flex for that extra whip?
    Nah it’s Stiff flex.   The red is just a higher launch but the TR keeps it halfway to the Ventus blue as opposed to full red.   

However I do qualify for aarp so that SS flex w/ the whip could be just around the corner.   Hahaha
    Waiting on demo day at the club to buy a driver. Maybe I’ll find one that’ll fly straight regularly 
    Hahaha, I get that.   I’ve never done a demo day where all groups were out there with Trackman to do a true test.   I’m a dumb loyalist (in this case fujikira) and not a numbers geek when it comes to this stuff.   I just do a little homework and hope what I math translates.   

Hope you find your straightest club…just make sure you bring a swing at demo day
    For the most part it’s there. I don’t have a slice as much as a right push at the very end. I won’t call it a fade cus it starts off straight. My score tends to accumulate where it counts most, on the greens
    Get fit for a custom putter and you’ll shave far more strokes off of your score than by using a custom driver. 
    Glad to see some fellow golfers on here!! While I wouldn't totally disagree with the putter fitting. But my experience is that you can putt just as well with a $30 putter as you can with a $500 putter, just as long as you like it. On the other hand, if you are losing 5 balls a round hitting your driver OB then I would argue you would be better off getting a driver that fits your tendencies. 
  • TechsasJim
    Options

Get fit for a custom putter and you’ll shave far more strokes off of your score than by using a custom driver. 
    Glad to see some fellow golfers on here!! While I wouldn't totally disagree with the putter fitting. But my experience is that you can putt just as well with a $30 putter as you can with a $500 putter, just as long as you like it. On the other hand, if you are losing 5 balls a round hitting your driver OB then I would argue you would be better off getting a driver that fits your tendencies. 
    That is sound logic.   I've never been fitted for a putter but I would if that's where I was glaringly losing strokes.     I've never been fitted for woods either but do tinker with shafts, tip adapter settings, etc (mainly trying to regain distance lost in my older age).    However I've always been fitted for irons...hmm now I'm thinking.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    edited February 20
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

ColbyLang said:
    Nah it’s Stiff flex.   The red is just a higher launch but the TR keeps it halfway to the Ventus blue as opposed to full red.   

However I do qualify for aarp so that SS flex w/ the whip could be just around the corner.   Hahaha
    Waiting on demo day at the club to buy a driver. Maybe I’ll find one that’ll fly straight regularly 
    Hahaha, I get that.   I’ve never done a demo day where all groups were out there with Trackman to do a true test.   I’m a dumb loyalist (in this case fujikira) and not a numbers geek when it comes to this stuff.   I just do a little homework and hope what I math translates.   

Hope you find your straightest club…just make sure you bring a swing at demo day
    For the most part it’s there. I don’t have a slice as much as a right push at the very end. I won’t call it a fade cus it starts off straight. My score tends to accumulate where it counts most, on the greens
    Every aspect of a putter affects aim bias. Head shape, hosel offset, markings, dots vs lines etc. 

If you are hitting 5 OB balls a round off the tee with a driver, you need a 3 wood and some lessons. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

That is sound logic.   I've never been fitted for a putter but I would if that's where I was glaringly losing strokes.     I've never been fitted for woods either but do tinker with shafts, tip adapter settings, etc (mainly trying to regain distance lost in my older age).    However I've always been fitted for irons...hmm now I'm thinking.
    I find I dabble less with shafts in my older age, and never have been fond of losing strokes, I prefer as many as I can get.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options

I find I dabble less with shafts in my older age, and never have been fond of losing strokes, I prefer as many as I can get.
    You are just gaming us true oldsters.  You need to get back into the bathroom putting green  and work on changing hands w/o missing a stroke.  Once you learn the correct grip you will be enjoying a happy ending ambidextrous.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:

You are just gaming us true oldsters.  You need to get back into the bathroom putting green  and work on changing hands w/o missing a stroke.  Once you learn the correct grip you will be enjoying a happy ending ambidextrous.  
    Dang!  I never realize a Ménage à Trois was in my grasp!
  • Atl_Buckeye
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

ColbyLang said:

Every aspect of a putter affects aim bias. Head shape, hosel offset, markings, dots vs lines etc. 

If you are hitting 5 OB balls a round off the tee with a driver, you need a 3 wood and some lessons. 
    Just all depends on your individual game. Most 15+ handicappers are losing strokes from penalty shots. I’ve done a putter fitting, and I loved the putter they dialed me into (it was also an Edel that I think you mentioned earlier) but was buying irons and skipped the putter. If you’re a pretty low handicapper and trying to drop half a point then the putter would be a great choice. Of course, this is all my opinion and everyone should enjoy the game how they want
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    The Bad News here is realizing how much my mind is in the gutter.
    The Good News, is how much I'm among Friends.   :)  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    Taking my chances with the potentially problematic plastic-filled handle.

canuckland
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    ATN day/night scope.  Buddy is putting several more blinds on his property and the hogs are thick.   
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    ATN day/night scope.  Buddy is putting several more blinds on his property and the hogs are thick.   
    Had one on my AR-10. Wasn’t a huge fan. Wouldn’t hold zero. Had the one shot zero feature. I returned it
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Had one on my AR-10. Wasn’t a huge fan. Wouldn’t hold zero. Had the one shot zero feature. I returned it
    @Colby lang, had the same issue..

was told to do a factory reset and redownload the new firmware from the site and perform the update

apparently, there is a file which will not get overwritten when going from one firmware to another..a factory reset fixed my issue..

also added the laser as well..

so between the laser and the firmware, mine holds “0”
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• TechsasJim
    Options
    I have several buddies that have them and none of them reported issues.  Maybe they’re just lucky but thanks for bringing it to my attention.   We have an ATN store in Houston I can take it to if it seems problematic.   
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    I have several buddies that have them and none of them reported issues.  Maybe they’re just lucky but thanks for bringing it to my attention.   We have an ATN store in Houston I can take it to if it seems problematic.   
    I was going to mention that. Swapped mine out for a NightForce lol. Thing drives tacks all day. I don’t hunt at night anyway 
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I was going to mention that. Swapped mine out for a NightForce lol. Thing drives tacks all day. I don’t hunt at night anyway 
    Hahaha yep.   For day hunts I use a Sig Bravo 5.   The thing is nails.   Just needed something for the limited night time action.  
  • Canugghead
    Options

Common complaint with these graters is the sticky pesky label that's a PITA to remove cleanly. Quick dip in scalding water and voila!

canuckland
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    Options

Common complaint with these graters is the sticky pesky label that's a PITA to remove cleanly. Quick dip in scalding water and voila!

Nice tip. I loathe product stickers. 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    A fresh Rutland courtesy of RRP
  • Canugghead
    Options

Nice tip. I loathe product stickers. 
    Hair dryer works too but scalding water works better for stubborn ones. 
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Learned something new.

Picked up a used 15QT chafing set today. The protective blue film on the base stainless steel platform was brittle and stubbornly stuck. My usual hairdryer trick didn't work, folks on ewe tube advocate heat gun, steamer, acetone, plastic scraper and what not.

SWMBO came to the rescue, try hot water honey, voila, no tools needed (unless you boil water in BGE), just pour and peel, worked like a charm!

Brought back to its former glory with some elbow grease, not bad for less than 20 loonies tax included. Going to use it for serving large protein; the dome lid should work better than the Costco flat lid for steaming whole packer Montreal Smoked Meat too. 

@DoubleEgger Found this old post, the usual hair dryer trick didn't work and swmbo came up with the scalding water idea.

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy

I think you posted on the wrong thread. This one belongs on the exotics page. 

That’s a magnificent looking machine. Hope you’ll show us what it can do. 

Enjoy. 
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    New golf shoes. I’ve got a trip to Myrtle Beach coming up for March!  
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    MJG said:
    New golf shoes. I’ve got a trip to Myrtle Beach coming up for March!  
    What did you pick up?
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    Finally got my new mixer! Been waiting for like 4 months so I could get it in Ruby!

I have mixer envy!
    Please continue to post your baking accomplishments. 
    IL