Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    new fridge to replace the 50 yo one........putting out feelers for an old free fridge to replace the new one now.........
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    New dishwasher.  11 minutes from the time I entered the store to the time I was in my car leaving.  The house we bought has a dishwasher circa 2015 that has a sensor problem.  It sometimes thinks the door pops open and you just have to hit "start" again.  Sooooo...we have been doing this for a year now.  2 loads a day. Sometimes you don't need to press start again and sometimes it requires 15 presses to get through a cycle.  My plan is to fix that problem and install it at work.  I went with an LG to match the fridge I put in back in November.  
    There are many things I like about your post. You spend so little time in the store comes in at the top of the heap (my wife is like that, except when grocery shopping). Also cool that you’re fixing the old dishwasher for use at work. I’ve eased into home appliance installation and maintenance and have found it surprisingly satisfying (though I’m still pretty novice). 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Tile, tub, and fixtures for a soon to be happening renovation of my daughter’s bathroom. Floor joists need a re-do.
    after 100 years we’ve got a little sagging going on. So that’ll be addressed as well. All this crap went up!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    @WeberWho Sweet! The PK's air control config (air in fire side, air out food side) have piqued my interest for a while. You should be talking to Lit  =)
    canuckland
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 273
    Options
    @WeberWho

- Nice find.
    - See the seller included a Burn Shop charcoal basket. In the 17 years I have owned my PKO the best accessory I bought for the grill was 5 years ago and it was that charcoal basket.
    - The PKO has become my favorite beef short rib cooker.
    - Hope the PK brings you years of satisfaction.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @WeberWho - another great Marketplace find story right there.  Congrats.  He!! of a score.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,351
    Options
    @WeberWho I enjoy my PK. It’s a fun little cooker. Nice score
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    @WeberWho- If you were close to me- I would have offered you my PK Original - an older model without the thermometer- I thought $200 would have been a fair price for a used one like mine- I had no idea they were so expensive now.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    GregW said:
    @WeberWho- If you were close to me- I would have offered you my PK Original - an older model without the thermometer- I thought $200 would have been a fair price for a used one like mine- I had no idea they were so expensive now.
    They don't come up used very often but when they do they tend to sit as most people don't have any idea what they are. This PK popped up and he was looking to move it. Like most grill accessories, they're worth pennies on the dollar. I ended up paying a little less than 1/4 of what a PK grill would have cost new with about $250+ in accessories. It was an easy purchase. There is a PK Classic in a small little town up near Canada where a guy is asking $150 and has sat for months and months. It's all about timing, location, and knowing your market. The one other PK Classic locally has sat and he was asking $380. So it's hard to tell any true value as most people don't know the grill and don't come up very often.      
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    new beer chiller

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Two tires (passenger side of SWMBO's SUV) that's took a crater strike (too big to be called pothole).  Put a good sized egg in the sidewall of the front tire and blew out the rear.  Such fun...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    Picked up a new grater by 'IPAC italiana passione' and did a head-to-head against the unused Microplane bought almost a month ago:

Both are sharp and work well. My thoughts,
    1) Prefer the slightly thicker less broken soft cheese strands from the IPAC,
    2) Microplane "Blade Made in U.S.A." is thinner and flexes more than the IPAC. If you look closely at the pic below there are dark areas, i.e. dimples:
    No dimples on the IPAC:

The kicker...Microplane $25, IPAC $6. Guess which one went back to the store.
    canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy

Looks like fish pie is in the works. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy

Looks like fish pie is in the works. 
    Possibly, possibly I used to make one 30 years or so ago. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,669
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Two tires (passenger side of SWMBO's SUV) that's took a crater strike (too big to be called pothole).  Put a good sized egg in the sidewall of the front tire and blew out the rear.  Such fun...
    My mom’s suv tire was at 16psi, so I told her she probably has a nail, and Discount Tire will fix flats for free even if you didn’t buy tires from them. 
     She called me back 2 hours later and said they somehow messed up her tire during the repair so they gave her a brand new tire!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    We are far from being shoppers, but the stars seemingly aligned for a number of purchases today. 

First up, my favourite ever boots. They are just slightly big on me, but I understand they may be discontinuing the model and therefore accepted the small sizing discrepancy for the 60% discount. Was the last pair they had! Canadian-made, and exceptional quality. Leather soles for the win. (I actually have a new, perfectly sized pair on reserve under my bed as well. Paid full price for those.)

Next up, Oboz winter boots. These guys were less than a third of their original price. 

Yeti Colster at about 55% off. 

New helmet for sonny-boy, who could bike 24/7. 35% off. 

Ski boots for the missus. About 40% off. The bigger hit will come with next year’s season passes. And the funny thing is that we went to shop for me, but came home with these. 🤷‍♂️ 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    edited March 30
    Options
    Channeling my inner Ric Flair. Woooo! 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Channeling my inner Ric Flair. Woooo! 

Nice score. What does the “soft” denote? Is the “hard” reserved for mafioso?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    We are far from being shoppers, but the stars seemingly aligned for a number of purchases today. 

First up, my favourite ever boots. They are just slightly big on me, but I understand they may be discontinuing the model and therefore accepted the small sizing discrepancy for the 60% discount. Was the last pair they had! Canadian-made, and exceptional quality. Leather soles for the win. (I actually have a new, perfectly sized pair on reserve under my bed as well. Paid full price for those.)

Next up, Oboz winter boots. These guys were less than a third of their original price. 

Yeti Colster at about 55% off. 

New helmet for sonny-boy, who could bike 24/7. 35% off. 

Ski boots for the missus. About 40% off. The bigger hit will come with next year’s season passes. And the funny thing is that we went to shop for me, but came home with these. 🤷‍♂️ 

I wear Oboz exclusively, and have worn the rest, nothing compares. I hope you enjoy yours for the years to come. 

We hit the Red River Gorge today, foraged for shrooms, hiked only 5.5 miles, up and down ridges and valleys. I would not have done it without my Bridger mids. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I got this set up today, Amazing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    My mom’s suv tire was at 16psi, so I told her she probably has a nail, and Discount Tire will fix flats for free even if you didn’t buy tires from them. 
     She called me back 2 hours later and said they somehow messed up her tire during the repair so they gave her a brand new tire!
    Discount Tire does not disappoint, my go to.
    Jacksonville FL
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @YukonRon

Glad to hear you’ve had good experiences with them. Now that you say that, I seem to recall you posting about the brand years back. They definitely seem to exude quality. Scored these ones for $90, down from $285. Bought some elastic laces to avoid having to lace them up. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @paqman- I came over to the dark side from Windows for a computer over 10 years ago and have never looked back.  4 1/2 years ago as I was looking for a new cell phone the family mafia leaned heavily toward an Iphone.  Recognizing right answer when told (not a strong suit of mine...) I caved and transitioned from android to the kool-aid and have never looked back.
    BTW-the IMac desktop was still going strong (albeit a bit sluggish-can't really clean up the hard drive) at the 10+ year mark when I replaced it.  The current IMac should last longer than me.  FWIW-
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Congrats @pacman.  I've used wintel machines at work my whole life, and Ataris/Macs at home; glad to be Mac-centric now.  
    Bookmark macmost.com ; Gary puts out a short, 5-minute video every weekday explaining how to make your apple toys work, and even when the subject is beginner-level ("How to cut and paste") I always learn something new.  If you're having trouble doing something, he's surely published a video on how to do it.  He's the only guy I support on Patreon.  Enjoy!

This one's a bit longer, but a good intro:  

https://youtu.be/eLBjS5ndNN4?si=0b2HcH-bdxp5V5NY

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    @Botch @lousubcap I am not entirely new to Macs.  I owned one of the first generation of Mac Mini but I couldn’t wrap my head around a few fatal weaknesses (no maximize window button) and random things that would not work.  I caved in and purchased the new mac mini last summer and I liked all the integrations that are built in.  My whole home is “smart” and built on Homekit.  I have homepods throughout the house, Apple TV, etc.  I could not convince myself to get rid of my Surface Pro tablet PC but the battery is dying and the pleasant experience with the most recent mac mini made me switch. I subscribed to Macmost after you shared it with me a while ago, I definitely need to learn a couple of things with Macs 🤣😂

Options
    I just switched auto insurance cutting my bill in half. Same exact coverage. Fortune favors the frugal!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.