Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Botch said:
    @smbishop's Hatch chile thread got my mouth watering, so a couple days ago I cooked up a batch of green chile again, made Huevos Rancheros the last two mornings.  
    As usual, it's not really very photogenic, but dayam its delicious!  

Best Breakfast possible!  

still have one of those plates in the rack, best plate i own. thats a killer breakfast
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That looks outstanding @Botch !

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    Very nice @Canugghead. Good use of the Grillgrates :smile: Also, that's a pretty beefy looking grid/grate. 

What did you think of the chokha? We had not had the eggplant version before, but liked it quite a bit. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Please keep us posted. 
    Flavors came out on point.  Doesn't look pretty, but super tender and flavorful.  I was worried because the harch chilis this year were very hot and my family doesn't like heat.  Confit really killed the heat.

i have that plate too
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,541
    Options
    caliking said:
    Very nice @Canugghead. Good use of the Grillgrates :smile: Also, that's a pretty beefy looking grid/grate. 

What did you think of the chokha? We had not had the eggplant version before, but liked it quite a bit. 
    Choka is good, don't know how the 'real' thing tastes though.

During my stint at the bbq place, I collected a pile of these 9mm SS grids. They were retrieved from retired Weber gassers (typically 15-20 yo) before they were scraped. Indestructible. I've retrofitted them on about half a dozen of gassers/pellet-poopers, still have enough for couple more.
    canuckland
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Cheddar cheese stuffed Cheddar cheeseburger 

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,415
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Cheddar cheese stuffed Cheddar cheeseburger 

Hope you grabbed a $$$ shot of that burger.  The above pic is mouthwatering.  Beautiful.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    Options
    Baguette pizzas, AKA the best bagel bites ever. GOAT pizza sauce I’ve ever made and fresh vinaigrette on the salad. 
    Beautiful!

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    First run smoking on the meadow creek 

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @MasterC - nailed it right out of the gate.  Nice ring as well.  Sweet!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Been 105-108 for weeks.  Haven’t touched the Egg in a month.   Haven’t wanted to be near an oven/stove either.  However today begins college football so that moved the needle for me.  

Simple baby backs and brisket flat.  

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,985
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,583
    Options
    On my travels I found some great pork products at a general store in Goldsboro NC. I plan to work these two together tonight.
    Served with a scalloped potato dish 

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Canugghead
    Options
    On my travels I found some great pork products at a general store in Goldsboro NC. I plan to work these two together tonight.
    Served with a scalloped potato dish 

Going to be a porky night! We got invited for dinner tonight, it'll be organic smoked ham from a local farm, and home grown lettuce-tomatoes-blackberries salad.
    canuckland
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options

Got a late start but this happening.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    Options
    Those shorties are lookin great right there @JohnInCarolina.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Brisket flat-nailed it.  Nice ring as well. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options

Giddy Up

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Canugghead
    Options

Pork chop, scalloped potato, Cherokee purple tomato off my vine and apple sauce on the side. Fantastic!!😋

That's definitely fine China worthy.
    canuckland
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 943
    edited August 2023
    Options
    My daughter worked at Ohana in town, it's a poke bowl place, and they had that spam masubi there too. I just couldn't do it. I know spam is a big thing in Hawaii, but it's too close to scrapple for me, which is made of beaks, lips, and various ass. It's ground fine and all that, but when you eat it you still get this whiff of ass, then lips, and then beaks, in that order. So you get a feeling that your eating a ground up animal from the ass to the head. Very unnerving.

• lousubcap
    Options
    Having spent a few years in Hawaii, spam is king.  Enjoy it for what it is and the many creative ways it is incorporated into food dishes.  The salt content is a bit heavy but there you are.  FWIW-
    @caliking - a beautiful plate right there. 
  • Grogu
    Grogu Posts: 125
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    My daughter worked at Ohana in town, it's a poke bowl place, and they had that spam masubi there too. I just couldn't do it. I know spam is a big thing in Hawaii, but it's too close to scrapple for me, which is made of beaks, lips, and various ass. It's ground fine and all that, but when you eat it you still get this whiff of ass, then lips, and then beaks, in that order. So you get a feeling that you’re eating a ground up animal from the ass to the head. Very unnerving.

Just ate at an Ohana recently in Portsmouth NH. Didn’t have the musubi, but I did have Spam in my poke bowl! It was great guilty pleasure food.