Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,522
    Options
    Great cook and $$ shot.  For those of us on this side of the pond 45*C=113*F (perfect stop spot) and 50*C=122*F.  Doesn't get any better than that.  Nailed the entire cook!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    Dude...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,688
    Options
    Shotgun shells with fresh ground pork, seasonings and cheddar cheese. Smoked with pear wood. 
    Can we be friends?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,594
    Options
    @caliking Nice, swmbo made chicken dinner too - Amy and Jacky IP chicken pho, no pic. Can I trade our leftover with yours (if any of course)?

I bet you don't need this to ward off the evil spirits  ;)

canuckland
  • caliking
    Options
    I'll trade, @Canugghead ! I have that chicken pho recipe bookmarked (from when you posted it recently)... looked delicious. 

Definitely no vampires near me, since dinner last night =)

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,528
    edited August 2023
    Options

Made another batch of cream cheese.  Instead of heating the milk/cream to 190˚ and adding lemon juice until it curdled, I heated it to 140˚ and added a cream cheese culture I ordered from either "Cultures for Health" or cheesemaking.com, can't remember which.  The culture package said to leave the milk out on the counter overnight, a bit nervous about doing that but I guess I'm intentionally "spoiling" it anyway, so I'll let you know if it kills me.  This time I'm saving the whey to use to make my bagel dough, see what that brings to the party (it is in the frig now).   

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    CTM, BSCB, and frozen pizza with bbq seasonings.  All on the egg. No pics. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    my sashimi prep cook at work

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,522
    Options
    You had me at the A5.  You have treated the occasion quite well to be able to request and then have it delivered.  Even that small portion is likely overload but so worth it.  The rib eyes and spuds look incredible as well.  Eating well on the home-front.  I would celebrate Faux Anniversary on a least a monthly basis for that banquet!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,797
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    You had me at the A5.  You have treated the occasion quite well to be able to request and then have it delivered.  Even that small portion is likely overload but so worth it.  The rib eyes and spuds look incredible as well.  Eating well on the home-front.  I would celebrate Faux Anniversary on a least a monthly basis for that banquet!
    Thank You!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    Options
    Good lookin' plate @lkapigian. I haven't tried much SV veg, but want to. What was your MO for the broccoli?

• lkapigian
    Options
    caliking said:
    Good lookin' plate @lkapigian. I haven't tried much SV veg, but want to. What was your MO for the broccoli?
    Thanks @caliking I went 183 for 30 minutes salt and butted, veggies to well in the bath. -Asparagus is the best 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Nice cooking, @lkapigian. Way to treat the Mrs.!

We’re not far behind you, as we’ve got an anniversary this week and have scored two date nights. 
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Nice cooking, @lkapigian. Way to treat the Mrs.!

We’re not far behind you, as we’ve got an anniversary this week and have scored two date nights. 
    Congratulations @GrateEggspectations ! I never even knew I had an anniversary LoL, we've known each other for 26 years, and about 15 years ago I noticed more and more of her stuff @ the house then one day she never left, I guess that was the day  =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @MasterC

Nice cook. Did you combine those on your fork? Seems like a good sweet and salty play. 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,104
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I can’t compete with the posts in this thread , and I rarely cook a “ dinner” but for our Faux Anniversary, Linda wanted Rib Eye , some some A5 Wagyu, Twice BakedPotatoes and Sous Vide Broccoli 

Hell Yea!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,528
    Options
    Blech.
    The TV "chef" on our local noon news is making "Beefy Peanut Butter and Jelly Wraps" today.
    Blech.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,328
    Options
    Botch said:
    Blech.
    The TV "chef" on our local noon news is making "Beefy Peanut Butter and Jelly Wraps" today.
    Blech.  
    Peanut butter hamburgers used to be the big thing at a bar off of Bourbon Street. I tried one once and went back to their other half dozen excellent burgers. Sadly the bar didn’t make it through Covid.