Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Corv said:
    Or doing it in liters rather than gallons, as happened.

well you get more liters than gallons, thats why a tank full in canada costs more. well thats how the french guy at the station explained it to me.
    My posts make more sense when they’re written in their original Canadian French.  
    Makes sense that you are french
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,411
    Options
    I am researching how to block out images from quite an enlightening afternoon.
    Recently returned from an afternoon working a booth for a charitable organization where I show up on a weekly volunteer basis.  This was at the State Fair.  I'm here to tell you the foot traffic definitely had many cringe worthy trophy winners.
    Get to do it again tomorrow so the cleansing time is short. 
    The cause is good but what a spectacle. 
    I would say that well over 75% of the traffic was "Just looking." All seeking the giveaways.  Not my first time with this but it had been a year-quite a wakeup call.
    @Ybabpumuts would be dealing with creative brain firings in overload.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Watching Wheel

😏

Jacksonville FL
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    A broken fuel gauge is a relief? It shows a lack of concern for maintenance  in my opinion.
    They fill the plane based on the flight plan, in other words they use math so they know they have more than enough fuel.  But a bad sign nonetheless 
    That doesn’t account for a fuel leak 
    No, but the fuel system is way too complicated for a single gauge.  There can be a bunch of tanks, possibly in bladders, and pumps that can move it around to balance the plane.  They probably have some kind of sensors.  Leak sensors are more important for safety.
    Options
    If fuel is leaking inside the fuselage, it doesn’t take much before running out of fuel is the least of your worries🤔🤪
    Options
    Keeping an eye on the sky.  The Blue Angels arrived in Lincoln today for their Guardians Of Freedom airshow this Sat and Sun.
    The aviators and the machinery have left me awestruck since first seeing them as a young kid in 60s.  Highly recommended if the opportunity ever comes your way.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @dbCooper - incredible precision flying.  They will be flying practice runs tomorrow (or perhaps already today) to get acclimated to the environment. 
    Enjoy the show. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,867
    Options

The end is nigh.  The end of the Summer transfer window that is, and all the phoney that goes with it.  After that the brakes are off and the season hurtles forward, briefly, until the international break.  Never mind all that, what do we know so far?   Everton are looking abysmal and the dark forces have exerted their will, meaning the Filthy Seagulls are top. 

Friday 

Chelsea v Luton, the comedy club host the (mad) Hatters. Should be a routine spanking, but this is Boehly’s Chels and as such anything is possible - including the entire team being replaced by new signings at half time.  2-0

Saturday 

Bournemouth v Spurs, well - who knew? Spurs are alive and kicking. A confident victory over Man Utd shocked everyone. The Cherries will have penciled in a a sneaky home win but that’s in jeopardy. 1-2 and the Ange happy bus rolls on.

Arsenal v Fulham, the Gunners closed out a routine win against Palace last time out while Fulham got humped by the Bees. Could be a tough year for the Thames-siders. 2-0

Brentford v Palace, in our 11th season we should be swatting aside teams like Brentford but our role is to sit in the middle and let others do better and get worse while we are the tide marker.  Because we’re trialling a new system of play that offers zero attacking threat I suspect e will score few goals.  However, 1-1 - just for the heck of it.

Everton v Wolves, relegation face-off already? No points accumulated by these two teams so far. Got to be 0-0 then hasn’t it?

Man Utd v Forest,  the hosts will have been stung by the defeat at Spurs and there’s precious little more dangerous than a Dutch man with a wounded ego.  Forest are facing the tricky second season syndrome. 3-0

Brighton v West Ham, oh what’s the point?  Let’s just lay down at the feet of the filthy ‘4th estate’ sponsored Seagulls.  In fact let’s all just stand and adore them. That or watch the Hammers give them a proper spanking, just of larks.  More likely the former. 2-1

Sunday

Burnley v Aston Villa, not a greta time for the Clarets to host the Villains who have scored nine time sin their last two games.  Should be fun 1-3

Sheff Utd v Man City, exhibition stuff 0-4

Newcastle v Liverpool, the Toon were put in their place last week by Man City but will see the chance of statement victory against big Jurgy’s Reds  who have not really resolved their Summer to forget in the transfer market. 3-2.

That’s your lot.  Perhaps, if these predictions explode there will be the remarkable coincidence of a person filming the sky with their mobile phone in the middle of nowhere at exactly the right time? 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,031
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Finishing up working on the truck. My Dad and I wrestled with my clutch/brake bracket out of my truck to install a new one. You can see in the picture where the bracket broke which would move the pedal column maybe a 1/2" forward causing the clutch pedal switch not to activate the starter.

I couldn't find too much information on the replacement procedure but the little I did find said it was awful to do. They weren't wrong. Three drenched T-shirts and 5 or so hours later the swap was completed. I had to remove seats just to get under the dash far enough. I read online that a mechanic wanted $1,200 to do it. I can see it with the booking hours it would take. Some sweat, tears, and way too much cussing it end up costing me $55. I'm sooo glad it's the start of the weekend! Now I can get back to all the other crap that I was supposed to be doing.    
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Replacement truck seats. I ended up stripping out a torx bolt when first pickup up the truck. I like to remove the seats when cleaning it. Unfortunately it locked up and stripped. I had to remove it for the new seats. So we drilled out the torx bolt and replaced them with a hex head for easy future removal. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Supper club at our house tonight. SRF black grade brisket on the XL, salted caramel and apple hand pies in the oven for tonight’s dessert. Coffee in hand, gonna need a nap
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,982
    Options
    Just spent an hour in the back yard playing catch with the pup.  Fun stuff!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Supper club at our house tonight. SRF black grade brisket on the XL, salted caramel and apple hand pies in the oven for tonight’s dessert. Coffee in hand, gonna need a nap
    That all sounds pretty awesome.  I hope you take some pics.  And I might ask for the recipe on those hand pies.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,583
    Options
    That is one lucky pup. Holding thumbs it all works out.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    You might go grade 8 on the seatbelt bolt @WeberWho
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    Options

What's the breed of your woofer? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:

What's the breed of your woofer? 
    He was found as a stray so we don't really know.  The current foster owner thought he might be part McNab. I'd never heard of that breed but the look seems very similar. 
  • WeberWho
    Options
    I legit appreciate the concern and comment @alaskanassasin

What I've read is that a grade 8 has more clamping power but is more likely to shear compared to a grade 5 bolt that will flex, bend, and distort. 

I'd be lying if I didn't almost just cut the seatbelt out and leave the stripped bolt be. It's the middle front passenger belt that maybe gets used once or twice a year.

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    WeberWho said:

What I've read is that a grade 8 has more clamping power but is more likely to shear compared to a grade 5 bolt that will flex, bend, and distort. 

I'd be lying if I didn't almost just cut the seatbelt out and leave the stripped bolt be. It's the middle front passenger belt that maybe gets used once or twice a year.

Roger that. Good work btw
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,583
    Options
    Standing by for the golf. Should be a great shootout 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    WeberWho said:

And here's to hoping that you will never need to analyze that after needing it!  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    Also @WeberWho

I admire your determination and patience to fix and restore things.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,087
    edited August 2023
    Options
    A 6kg pork butt dusted with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust and Tsunami Spin cooking low n slow over hickory in the large. Pulling tomorrow afternoon. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,087
    Options
    Stalled overnight it’s now at 172F the bark looks amazing 

| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @ColbyLang - mighty fine eats right there. Nailed that brisket-sweet bark.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    They were great. Reheated in the toaster oven cus I made them very early yesterday morning. Scoop of vanilla ice cream and it was a nice sweet touch to end a very heavy meal between the pork belly burnt ends and the SRF brisket.