Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    @Ozzie_Isaac, coffee, boiler on left, cone on right into a carafe. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    Yup, coffee machine. Hope it’s good 
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 900
    GlennM said:
    Old one died

I got that same exact one in February. Very happy with it, makes better tasting coffee than I got with my old (much more expensive) machine.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Picked up a roomba for the pool.  Kind of excited

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410

Skimmer... So it floats? Corded?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @paqman " I also received the 220W solar panel to charge it in case of extended power outage"  You may be outside the great solar cloud that those fires are creating in the GWN, otherwise...
    On a more serious note- I hope they are under control and extinguished in the very near term. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton said:

Skimmer... So it floats? Corded?
    Floating skimmer, solar powered.  Just empty the bag occasionally.  I have a friend who demoed it for my wife and she was sold.  I was excited because I had been eye-balling them for months.  Happy coincidence that she "brought" the idea to me 🤣
    I have three skimmers on my pool.  So I don't see a need for that item.  I need an off-road vacuum that crawls the floor.  On occasion my robot that vacuums the pool floor high centers on the main drain at the bottom of the pool. It gets stuck there and doesn't move. Then I have to brush or manually vacuum the rest of the pool in the morning because the robot did not do its job.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    edited June 2023
    Most residential pools only have one skimmer.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Where are you @nolaegghead. ?
    Grand Rapids MI
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    lousubcap said:
    @paqman " I also received the 220W solar panel to charge it in case of extended power outage"  You may be outside the great solar cloud that those fires are creating in the GWN, otherwise...
    On a more serious note- I hope they are under control and extinguished in the very near term. 
    The fires are far, very far from us so no danger on that front but the smell is awful and it is giving me a bad headache that I can’t get rid off… A distant family member up north has been evacuated from their home. I also just heard in the news that a whole village has been ordered to evacuate not long ago…. Some people have it bad, I consider myself lucky.

kl8ton said:
    Most residential pools only have one skimmer.
    I had it designed for 2 skimmers, but we ran out of space for skimmers, auto-fill, and lights.  My pool is raised 18" around the perimeter, which severely impacted locations for all the equipment.  We designed the back water feature wall to have the skimmers in them, but then ran into an issue with the autofill, then an issue with the lights.  The second skimmer lost out.  I am still a bit grumpy about that.  Also wish I had put an auto-cover on, but then my shape would have needed to change.  All these conflicting requirements were a pain.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510

ohhhh!  Wait this does the top of the water??? Have you tried it yet? How many silver dollars was that??
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2023

ohhhh!  Wait this does the top of the water??? Have you tried it yet? How many silver dollars was that??
    Yes, it skims the top.  I have a built in floor cleaning system that does well with th floor, but I have multiple trees that drop pollen and blooms into the pool.  I skim it by hand because the built-in skimmer works, but takes too long.  I do not like seeing it all floating on the surface.  It was a bit steep at $399, but if it saves me daily skimming during the pollen and bloom season, I think it will be worth it.
  • kl8ton

Going to give this a whirl.  The cordless option will be nice because now I can go up the walls and steps.  My corded robot would wrap itself around the handrail and then pull the control stand into the water.  They said I could return it if it gets stuck on the main drains.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton said:

Going to give this a whirl.  The cordless option will be nice because now I can go up the walls and steps.  My corded robot would wrap itself around the handrail and then pull the control stand into the water.  They said I could return it if it gets stuck on the main drains.  
    I would interested as to how it works.  We have used Hayward vacuums and seem to go through them pretty quick with our pool bottom being the way that it is.  Does it run on pressure?
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • kl8ton
    It runs independently of pool pump.  It has a motor or motors in it creating the suction to keep it on the surface. It will climb the walls and clean them. Basically rolls around sucking water in and pushing it through filter media.  My current robot is corded.  Plugs into wall and an anti-tangle cord connects the unit to the controller that stays on the pool deck.   I am on a one new one per year frequency right now.  Mine does run at least once per day.  The corded one, we would just keep restarting while it was in.  This one will need to be charged between cycles.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • @kl8ton ok thanks.  Ours runs off of a suction hose.  That might work though and keep me from having to backwash all the time.  We have a sand filter which is kind of a pain.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • kl8ton
    edited June 2023
    I have a sand filter too.  I just used the "manual" vacuum (suction hose) this morning to vacuum the pool.  Very time consuming.  With my bather load, I am backwashing about every 2-3 days.  @Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:

That looks very cool!  Like a wicked off-road pool vacuum. Hopefully nobody steals it.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton said:

That looks very cool!  Like a wicked off-road pool vacuum. Hopefully nobody steals it.
    Right now if someone were to steal this thing I would probably just drain the pool and turn it into a skateboard park.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited June 2023
    Just bought my buddy SCUBA lessons. Got tired of hearing him call BS on 6 ft seas during spear tournaments.
    Gonna let him experience first hand 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    More Kuiu warm weather gear, supposed to start hitting the century mark here next week, pretty early for that.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • More Kuiu warm weather gear, supposed to start hitting the century mark here next week, pretty early for that.  
    Yeah, not looking forward to next week.  It's going to be toasty.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    More Kuiu warm weather gear, supposed to start hitting the century mark here next week, pretty early for that.  
    Yeah, not looking forward to next week.  It's going to be toasty.
    Agree, we’re smothering in Louisiana already 
  • @ColbyLang We have been spoiled lately.  It has been in the 80's for the last 3 weeks or so with actual rain.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited June 2023
    Anyone have experience with the Anova precision combi oven? Good and bad? Tempting at 20% off.
    canuckland