Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH - how does Armadillo compare to say... anus?  
    It’s not even close my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,173
    Options
    SGH said:
    Do you grill it in the shell, or fully remove the meat first?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,038
    Options
    It’s seems like there is a new bbq sauce and rub distributer shaking things up @WeberWho I saw a whole display at tsc, and I can get dizzy at ace 

Yeah I wonder. My local Ace has carried it the last couple years and even Scheels now. I know you could order Blues Hog through Walmart in the past but I was surprised to see it sitting on the shelves. I stopped in for some BWW sauces as I needed 5-6 bottles for wings. I had to grab a couple Blues Hog as well. I couldn't resist.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,454
    Options
    Blues Hog all varieties along with several different rubs and Rockwood lump now on the shelves of Academy Sports & Outdoors, at least here.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    Do you grill it in the shell, or fully remove the meat first?
    I’m going to be a little honest here. I wouldn’t know. I wouldn’t eat one of those nasty bastards if I was starving to death 👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,900
    Options
    @SGH - I agreed for one reason - risk of contracting Hansens disease not worth touching them.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SGH
    Options
    Enjoying brisket ... it's not much to look at but tastes damn good. 

It looks pretty darn good from where I’m sitting my friend 👍

Status- Standing by.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,093
    Options
    Tried a 3M restore kit on the '06 Impala, came out pretty good. Oddly, at least to me, drivers side only has slight deterioration so didn't bother with that side...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Tried a 3M restore kit on the '06 Impala, came out pretty good. Oddly, at least to me, drivers side only has slight deterioration so didn't bother with that side...

Less UV radiation because that part of the front of the car faced more North than the other….spitballing here💨😗

I’ve learned you don’t need the kit if you have a paint buffer and some polishing compound.  Little wet n dry sandpaper if they’re really bad first.  They don’t look good long unless you spray them with a protectant film (I think 3M makes some, I have a tool box with all that stuff together).  A good car wax is better than nothing.
    Options
    dbCooper said:

Less UV radiation because that part of the front of the car faced more North than the other….spitballing here💨😗

I’ve learned you don’t need the kit if you have a paint buffer and some polishing compound.  Little wet n dry sandpaper if they’re really bad first.  They don’t look good long unless you spray them with a protectant film (I think 3M makes some, I have a tool box with all that stuff together).  A good car wax is better than nothing.

@nolaegghead - Ah, that UV exposure makes sense.  Driver side lamp gets maybe 20% of what the passenger lamp sees.  Car faces West but trees and structure shield driver side.
    Kit was 500, 800, 1600(wet) grit sanding discs, then polishing compound.  Needed all of them to remove the factory coating that was cracked/hazed.  Thanks for heads up about getting a protective film back on them.  I'll be looking into that.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    @SGH - I agreed for one reason - risk of contracting Hansens disease not worth touching them.
    Holy ****!  You could become a 90s boy band if you touch one!  That is almost as bad as red meat allergy from ticks.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    dbCooper said:

I've learned you can drive your cars to New Orleans, eat crawfish, and watch @nolaegghead fix it for you!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    dbCooper said:

@nolaegghead - Ah, that UV exposure makes sense.  Driver side lamp gets maybe 20% of what the passenger lamp sees.  Car faces West but trees and structure shield driver side.
    Kit was 500, 800, 1600(wet) grit sanding discs, then polishing compound.  Needed all of them to remove the factory coating that was cracked/hazed.  Thanks for heads up about getting a protective film back on them.  I'll be looking into that.
    Tires on my truck that I park outside facing South, dry rot on passenger side much faster than driver side.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,368
    Options
    Driving to work this morning and I heard Lou Reed’s Walk on the Wild Side. Kinda wondering how it hasn’t been cancelled from the radio. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Driving to work this morning and I heard Lou Reed’s Walk on the Wild Side. Kinda wondering how it hasn’t been cancelled from the radio. 
    I heard Lola got canceled.  It's only a matter of time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,021
    Options
    Working at a co-work place in Wake Forest.  It’s called the Loading Dock.  I think it should maybe be called the “Loafing Dock” judging by the number of people here who don’t seem to be doing anything other than shooting the breeze.  I could’ve saved the cash and just worked out of a coffee shop all day.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    They're disrupting, John.  Don't disrupt their disrupting.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    That’s what you get for going to a woke forest.
    Options
    That’s what you get for going to a woke forest.

it all started when those young maples wanted sunlight
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Blame the oaks, they ignored their pleas!
    Options
    Is the "Loading Dock" like the "Bunny Ranch", but for engineers?
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Eating ice cream for lunch because i'm an adult.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Nobody here has taken their clothes off … yet.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Just you wait ...

• danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 687
    Options
    Just you wait ...

Is that long form for mass of the A plus cube of the B... 
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,499
    Options
    Charging my truck battery.  It died a month or so ago in the cold, and when I tried to pop the hood, the in-cabin release went the full travel, but no unlatching.  Futzed with it quite a bit, finally set a time w/mechanic and called a tow truck.  The driver said, "My wife's Tacoma does this too; let me try?"  He got it open in about 4 minutes, but only after I yelled at him that the grill isn't attached to the hood; glad he didn't break it.  
    Tipped the driver, got $40 off my tow fee, canx the mechanic appointment, slapped on the charger and it showed a little bit of charge still in the battery. It's just about fully recharged now, and I'm pretty sure its the original, Toyota battery!  Bought the Taco very slightly used (1,700 miles) in '08; 15 years on the battery, not bad.  
    If it holds the charge overnight/starts, I'll go ahead and have my mechanic readjust the cable anyway on Friday (getting the jaw drilled/tapped for a new tooth tomorrow morning, whee).  Will also have him check the battery, it may be prudent to replace now anyway.  

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,320
    Options
    Tooth implant $$$ but better than dentures.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Tooth implant $$$ but better than dentures.
    Implants are just dentures done one at a time and with screws instead of glue.