Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 579
    @bubbajack a fellow man of culture I see. Love me a cold Busch Latte!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Why so mad, bro?

Kidding :) Looks like y'all had a beautiful day of weather to hang outside. 

Burger looks killer!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    Just finished a mess of S’mores for the cul-de-sac impromptu kids gathering. 

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • TechsasJim
    Grogu said:
    Reverse seared some ribeyes for me and the kids and hot smoked some salmon for the wife while I was at it. I was gifted some Meat Church rubs for my b-day, so I tried out the Holy Cow on my ribeye and the Holy Voodoo on the wife’s salmon (left the kiddos ribeye just salt and pepper). Pretty happy with both rubs.

Awesome.   Holy Voodoo can have some kick, how was it on Salmon?
  • Grogu
    Grogu Posts: 125
    We liked the voodoo on the salmon. I like really spicy, but even my wife who appreciates some but not too much kick was pleased with it.
  • TechsasJim
    Grogu said:
    We liked the voodoo on the salmon. I like really spicy, but even my wife who appreciates some but not too much kick was pleased with it.
    good deal thanks for the input, never thought about a seasoning like that on a delicate fish but I, too, like good spice/heat so I’ll give it a shot since I have a jar on hand.   
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    bbracey21 said:
    Prime NY Strips on the MiniMax this evening. Overcooked them just a tad - I like them medium. Still very good and very juicy.
    Money shot for @lousubcap 🤪
    As Rod Stewart once said, "Every picture tells a story" and thus the pulse of a money shot.
    Sweet cook right there with some top quality steaks!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Legume said:

"Dude, we gotta finalize our escape plans before November!"  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Don't eat them often, hotdog thread lead me to pick up a pack...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Brisket on a stick right there.  Perfect.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    @fishlessman.. My kinda grub, fantastic and right at lunchtime 😋
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    That's doin' leftovers up right!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    The orange smiles say delicious 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Grogu
    Grogu Posts: 125
    Trying out different ways to do wings. Today was build a small fire in the center and ring around. Almost made the fire too small because the charcoal was mostly consumed by the time they were done. I’m looking forward to continuing to taste test the experiments.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Grogu said:
    Trying out different ways to do wings. Today was build a small fire in the center and ring around. Almost made the fire too small because the charcoal was mostly consumed by the time they were done. I’m looking forward to continuing to taste test the experiments.
    Very important research taking place here!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited April 2023
    @GrateEggspectations what sv temp?
    155. Just love the SV/smoker combo for ease when hosting. 

I forget now if you’ve done this, but when I now buy brisket, I often break it down into 4-5 lb pieces, season, and freeze immediately. Whenever I am going to be hosting with notice, I throw it in the hot tub and just finish with the smoke. So easy!