Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• JohnfromKentucky
    Options
    bbracey21 said:
    Went in for the Saz. Perused the aisles and since I rarely see the 2 on the right on the shelves anymore, I thought yep, you are coming home with me! 
    Nice...did you get it at msrp or secondary price? I can get the EH Taylor easily enough...but at $119, I"m passing it by.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,482
    Options
    Just yesterday I visited what I refer to as a secondary market fine bourbon museum collection store.  Well stocked with the Sazerac lineup and others but clearly waiting for the Derby crowd to pay the prices. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    bought a tiny mc crispy sandwich today, med fries, and a lemonade for 15 bucks.........dont think i will be doing that again
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    bought a tiny mc crispy sandwich today, med fries, and a lemonade for 15 bucks.........dont think i will be doing that again
    Dear Lord, did you buy this food in Iceland?    That’s extremely priced.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    And people say McDonalds is for the “Poors”…
    Options
    Just checked what that would cost here and it’s the same.  The mc crispy is $6, the fries are $4 and the drink is $1.  Add in $4 for tax and you get to $15.  

Not Iceland, just the price of tea in China.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    Options
    Just checked what that would cost here and it’s the same.  The mc crispy is $6, the fries are $4 and the drink is $1.  Add in $4 for tax and you get to $15.  

I like Vodka from Iceland.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Wife bought a new saddle.  This is what happens when I get tied up at work and can't make it up till late in the evening.

I think this belongs over on the exotics thread, as does the RV your wife rented. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,592
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac.Beautiful and great workmanship 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Did they have purses to match?  Check that receipt!
  • TechsasJim
    Options

Wowza.  $15 for a single meal at Mickey D’s sure did get pricey then.  Glad I don’t eat there.   

Last time I was in Reykjavik that price would have made sense, can’t imagine what it is now then.   
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    saddle and saddle blanket are awesome looking! Sure they weren’t cheap but quality never is.   
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Legume said:
    Did they have purses to match?  Check that receipt!
    No purse, but apparently she also bought matching headstall.

Also, I have learned to not check receipts.  Being ignorant is a blessing.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,572
    edited March 2023
    Options
    MickeyD promo here till April  17

canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,039
    Options

That’s without tax.  And remember, they F you at the drive through…
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Two things about McDs.

1.  The more chicken nuggets you order, the cheaper.  I order 40 and it is around $12.

2. New Mexico had a basket of fries for $3.  It is like a double large.
  • Canugghead
    edited March 2023
    Options

Haha, even with 13% tax it’s only USD 7.21, drive through can’t screw you if it’s prepaid online.  Hopefully I’ve convinced the resident Dislikowart to agree it’s a great deal and Like it this time.

edit: removed what the Dislikowart deserves since it’s a family forum
    canuckland
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina, I don’t eat there much and always walk inside. But how does drive through change prices or “F… You”.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,039
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    @JohnInCarolina, I don’t eat there much and always walk inside. But how does drive through change prices or “F… You”.
    Not a Lethal Weapon fan I see.

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Not a Lethal Weapon fan I see.

Been a long long time
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Options
    bbracey21 said:
    Went in for the Saz. Perused the aisles and since I rarely see the 2 on the right on the shelves anymore, I thought yep, you are coming home with me! 
    Nice...did you get it at msrp or secondary price? I can get the EH Taylor easily enough...but at $119, I"m passing it by.
    @JohninMSRP - MSRP. I haven’t been able to talk myself into paying the crazy secondary market prices. Too many other great flavors out there for that IMO. 

Saz $36.99
    EHT $69.99
    McKenna $59.99

• bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Options
    ⬆️ The above is for @JohnfromKentucky - not sure why it removed the KY and moved msrp 🤷🏼‍♂️.

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    poster said:
    Lol 
    Haha!  This is why Doordash and other courier apps won't be around long term unless they can figure out the fee structure.

My wife ordered 3 soft serve yogurts once, she had a $50 gift card to door dash.  Delivered it was $90.  Yogurts themselves were $18.  We have tried it a few times, but always been stupid expensive and had issues with the food/delivery/etc.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    need help choosing the best option, lol

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,347
    edited March 2023
    Options
    poster said:
    Lol 
    We only like to get delivery if the restaurant manages that in-house. Otherwise, both the extraneous fees and the big take irks me too greatly on all of those platforms. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    dug out the receipt. the meal is 10.89, bacon upgrade for bacon/ranch is 2.19, upgrade m soda for lemonade, .80, tax at .97, totals out at 14.85. drive thru, no ranch dressing for a dry piece of chicken, slice of pickle and 3 half strips bacon. thats more than the local diners
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Options
    dug out the receipt. the meal is 10.89, bacon upgrade for bacon/ranch is 2.19, upgrade m soda for lemonade, .80, tax at .97, totals out at 14.85. drive thru, no ranch dressing for a dry piece of chicken, slice of pickle and 3 half strips bacon. thats more than the local diners
    Don't complain, your tax rate is only 7%, try 13%  =)
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Don't complain, your tax rate is only 7%, try 13%  =)

so when in canada, we subtract the tax from the 15 percent tip...... ;)
    fukahwee maine