Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,418

@Ragingirishman2
    thanks I should be all set now.   Local shop just set up with them and sounds like shelves will be stocked regularly.  

@ColbyLang. Cool they sell direct?   From what my buddy said when he spoke with Ms Milam they are based in Blanco which is a cool little town here.  
    Yep. Bottle price plus $15 to ship insured in case it breaks
  • I wish they would allow shipping to KY.

Picked this up today. Can't wait to try it.

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    @JohnfromKentucky

i liked this but wish I could have hit the like button 5x.   Good stuff IMO
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I wish they would allow shipping to KY.

Cool. All their own juice at 6 yr. Make sure to report back. TIA. 

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim
    Bottle getting lighter 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    I wish they would allow shipping to KY.

Their line up thru the Fusion series (#8 now) is quite good.  I can't see the leap to the Discovery level given their upcharge but given my proclivities toward the above Fusion series and the fact that I can still find it locally, who knows...

I am confident you will enjoy their offerings.  BTW- a new and ever expanding distillery, tasting room and restaurant on their grounds.  
    Worth the short road trip.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • this is their first release of their own stuff. LB had another bottle of theirs that was a bit cheaper and lower proof. Will pick it up soon.  This bottle is getting put back. I'll get another as a drinker. Price was right too.
  • pgprescott
    this is their first release of their own stuff. LB had another bottle of theirs that was a bit cheaper and lower proof. Will pick it up soon.  This bottle is getting put back. I'll get another as a drinker. Price was right too.
    Yeah the other one is a high rye bourbon I think. I’ve heard there is a rye on the way. That one is a wheater. They said $45 for the high rye and $50-$55 for the wheater. Is that what you’ve seen? 
  • pgprescott
    bbracey21 said:
    Saw this pic online earlier. Gotta protect that investment!!!  
    Yeah I’ve got most of that but ain’t nobody that can afford all them eggs! 😁
  • Yeah the other one is a high rye bourbon I think. I’ve heard there is a rye on the way. That one is a wheater. They said $45 for the high rye and $50-$55 for the wheater. Is that what you’ve seen? 
    Yeah, this one was like $50 I think, I didn't keep the receipt. The other was around $45. Will verify once I get back to the store.
  • lousubcap
    At Total Wine here BBC is running around $55 for the Fusion series and over a C note for the Discovery run.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    Fusion 7 was really good
  • pgprescott
    lousubcap said:
    At Total Wine here BBC is running around $55 for the Fusion series and over a C note for the Discovery run.  
    Yeah the fusions are a pretty good deal IMO. I’m a fan of the finished stuff as a rule. All indications are these new origins offerings are gonna be a hit. One review mentioned the high barley content on the wheater. They were fans. 🤞🏼
  • pgprescott
    If you like the fusions @lousubcap seek out some Doc Swinson bottles. Delicious finished offerings at reasonable prices IMO. Not real common in my area but maybe available for you Mecca residents. 🥃
  • lousubcap
    @pgprescott - If you mean Mecca by distance then I will grant you that but if you mean by availability-NFW!🥃
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607

Very bizarre, but found this in Colorado so I jumped on it.  I ignored the instructions to drink from the can.
  • TechsasJim
    Clearly Mother Nature (like me) does not do “Dry January”.   Already had over 8” rain here this month.  

I know, not quite on topic but on the outer boundaries.

I do have whiskey in a glass though
  • lousubcap
    And for those who are looking for some detail about bourbon while doing other things during the  No Fun League opener...

"Bourbon's legal definition varies somewhat from country to country, but many trade agreements require that the name "bourbon" be reserved for products made in the U.S. The U.S. regulations for labeling and advertising bourbon apply only to products made for consumption within the U.S. Canadian law requires products labeled bourbon to be made in the U.S. and also to conform to the requirements that apply within the U.S. The European Union also requires bourbon to be made in the U.S. following the law of the country. But in other countries, products labeled bourbon may not adhere to the same standards.

The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits, codified under 27 CFR §5.22(b)(1)(i), states bourbon made for U.S. consumption must be:

• Produced in the U.S. and its Territories (Puerto Rico), as well as the District of Columbia
    • Made from a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn
    • The remainder can be any other type of cereal grain such as rye, barley, or wheat. This combination of fermented grain is called the mash bill.
    • Aged in new, charred oak barrels
    • Distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof
    • Entered into the container for aging at no more than 125 proof 
    • Bottled (like other whiskeys) at 80 proof or more (40% alcohol by volume)

Bourbon has no minimum specified duration for its aging period. Products aged for as little as three months are sold as bourbon. The exception is straight bourbon, which has a minimum aging requirement of two years. In addition, any bourbon aged less than four years must include an age statement on its label.

Bourbon that meets the above requirements, has been aged for a minimum of two years, and does not have added coloring, flavoring, or other spirits may be – but is not required to be – called straight bourbon.

• Bourbon that is labeled as straight that has been aged under four years must be labeled with the duration of its aging.
    • Bourbon that has an age stated on its label must be labeled with the age of the youngest whiskey in the bottle (not counting the age of any added neutral grain spirits in a bourbon that is labeled as blended, as neutral-grain spirits are not considered whiskey under the regulations and are not required to be aged at all).

Bottled-in-bond bourbon is a sub-category of straight bourbon and must be aged at least four years.

Bourbon that is labeled blended (or as a blend) may contain added coloring, flavoring, and other spirits, such as un-aged neutral grain spirits, but at least 51% of the product must be straight bourbon.

"High rye bourbon" is not a legally defined term but usually means a bourbon with 20–35% rye. High-wheat bourbons are described as more mild and subdued compared to high-rye varieties.

Bourbon that has been aged for fewer than three years cannot legally be referred to as whiskey (or whisky) in the EU.

And the closer:

Celebrate National Bourbon Day on June 14th. In 1964, a Congressional resolution declared bourbon as America’s native spirit. As a result, no other place in the world can produce whiskey and label it as bourbon. 

Time for a pour-

• TechsasJim
    Not now but later this evening

• lousubcap
    @TechsasJim- will be interested in your review. 
  • ColbyLang
    Nothing yet, but post FDA inspection……bourbon is on the menu 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,427
    ColbyLang said:
    Nothing yet, but post FDA inspection……bourbon is on the menu 
    Is it one of those deals where they aren't doing their job if they don't cite you for 10+ violations?

I love those.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    It’s the, we’re supposed to be here once every 24 months…..it’s only been 14, but it’s all good
  • TechsasJim
    Very smooth, if I did sessions with bourbon this would be in the mix