Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Guesstimate how much participating in this forum has cost you

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    I’m in deep. 
    You and @Cazzy are the cause of a significant amount of expenditures on this site.

Remember this?

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1160521/work-sharp-ken-onion-edition-knife-sharpener-review

Here was the start of the great brisket knife wars of 2014/15

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    Man, so much money. 
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I’m in deep. 
    I've never bought livestock.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Thousands. 

Same here!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Where is @Sea2Ski ?  He built an entire walk-in cooler off the side of his house because of this forum.  That right there is next level.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Meater+
    Misen Knives
    Rotisserie
    KAB / KAC
    Seal-a-meal
    Thermopens
    Grill Grates
    ManGrates
    Knife sharpeners
    booze
    cast iron
    Sous Vide

Those are the items I can see while sitting here that I know I decided I "needed" due to this place.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Legume said:
    I’m in deep. 
    I've never bought livestock.
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    The only thing anybody should be concerned with is the next purchase or addition...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I started with a large BGE setup, then I found this forum. Since then ...
    • Minimax as a second Egg
    • Meater+
    • FB300
    • Thermapen
    • PS Woo and extender
    • Most of the Dizzy Pig range ... and other rub ranges
    • LetzQ rotisserie
    • Many Lodge (and other) cast iron pieces
    • BGE pizza stone x 3
    • Sous vide devices
    • Custom built rigs for Large and MMX
    • Custom built MMX table ... although that was a gift so technically zero cost to me :) 
    A not insignificant outlay, however trivial when compared with the wealth of experience I've gained in these hallowed halls. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    ThermoWorks, CGS, Ooni, SRF, RockWood,
    etc etc etc

thousandS……and I don’t regret any of it. Like someone said, stimulating the economy 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    LGBE bought used-
    PS Woo and all the accessories
    Cover
    Egg mates
    KAB

XLGBE traded for the LGBE-
    Woo and all the accessories
    Cover
    Egg mates
    KAB
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I had forgotten about three trips to Central Texas just to chase brisket.  Never mind the enjoyment of the eats.  But all beyond worth it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    You guy's are so funny.... how much money........did Mrs.C put you up for this?
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Did a thorough review of expenditures, turns out is almost exactly tree fiddy.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Loch Ness Monster 
    Options
    Not much at all except for charcoal and grilling food compared to my other hobbies 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    More than I care to admit

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    the stuff i bought for the egg i probably would have bought anyways. now i didnt buy any top of the line gas grills, that goes in the savings column
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Are you super cereal?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Yolo need to add a VP230!
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Are you super cereal?
    I am super-duper cereal!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Yeah... I'm easily measured in the 10s of 1000s but possibly over 100k on bbq and bbq related activities. Definitely, if you count bbq related travel and competition expenses. It all started with a green egg and an account here.

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yeah... I'm easily measured in the 10s of 1000s but possibly over 100k on bbq and bbq related activities. Definitely, if you count bbq related travel and competition expenses. It all started with a green egg and an account here.

If there were a contest on enthusiasm through BBQ activity investment, I have a good feeling you'd win.... =)

Learning from this forum about new products, techniques, etc is like going to Costco - I discover all the things I didn't know I needed (and need to buy right now) !
    Raleigh, NC
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I don’t like to think to hard about the running total. Still probably piddling compared to most on here and still cheaper than a boat.