Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wondering the thread sunk trigger-perhaps just a move to OT??

The question prompted by @WeberWho 's Pocket Knives EDC/Collection thread that was sunk this afternoon. Nothing controversial there and quite insightful.  
When a thread hits the unknown trip wire and gets sunk, perhaps the @The_Buffalo could move it to the OT section and let the main forum know of its fate.
Remember, it is late on a Friday...
Stay healthy and safe out there.
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited January 2023
    Hey thanks! @lousubcap

I also asked the same question in the sinking thread to @The_Buffalo I'm curious why it was sunk? It's a tool that most of us use in our daily life and also used in the kitchen. I could have posted it in the OT section but I figured it would get buried as 99% of this forum doesn't make it over to the dark side. Plus the post itself is on topic. Any chance we can get the the post reactivated here in the main forum Buffalo? I appreciate the time. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Or leave it here and add a big OT to the thread title

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    I bought a bm bugout and am now going to buy a ridge wallet from what was posted on there. Sorry it’s gone as well. 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    That makes me sad.  I would think if it were because it isn't BGE related, the solo-stove, chamber sealer, Tormec, Blackstone Pizza Oven, Ooni Koda, and Speed Queen threads would get sunk.

I guess I will go buy a BGE pocket knife and wallet.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Langner91 said:
    That makes me sad.  I would think if it were because it isn't BGE related, the solo-stove, chamber sealer, Tormec, Blackstone Pizza Oven, Ooni Koda, and Speed Queen threads would get sunk.

I guess I will go buy a BGE pocket knife and wallet.
    Speed Queen hit the iceberg pretty quick.  It is headed down do Davey Jones' Locker.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Langner91
    I hadn't noticed.  Maybe the transmission comment?

I wonder if "EDC" was interpreted to be something that goes bang instead of a knife?
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Nobody really knows, it is at the whim and the whimsy of the buffalo.  The OT section used to show up under "main page/active threads".  You didn't have to hunt for it.

Well, a few years ago we may, according to some, abused the system.  After a week of hilarity @The_Buffalo dropped a tactical nuke and relegated the OT to it's own silent corner.  Now you have to specifically go to the OT section.  That is why we now post interesting and non-political threads in the main forum, but clearly marked OT.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • There's a fairly simple remedy to this.  Just post all OT threads, regardless of flavor, in the OT section. 

And yes I realize it is ironic for me of all people to suggest that others simply follow the rules.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    As mentioned, there are many threads the could be litigated to the OT thread but thrive here.  Clearly the audience on the main board is much larger than the OT board.  There are incredibly useful, wallet sucking and engaging topics that land here and that is for the betterment of the community.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Langner91
    If there was another political forum that talked BBQ once in awhile, I would just go there.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • You all bought me a speed queen, chamber sealer and bluestar all before the buffalo got to them.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    And therein lies the value of this forum.  We all know the wallet sucking sound but that is personal choice.   There is a tremendous amount of otherwise useful information offered by a very knowledgable, diverse and talented community here which needs to be recognized and supported.  
    Off mini-soap box.  
  • literally bleaching my cast iron as we speak @dbCooper, it looks like new!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    literally bleaching my cast iron as we speak @dbCooper, it looks like new!
    That sentence did not end like I expected.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    @alaskanassasin - My results were magical, nice to hear you got the same.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • good looking out @dbCooper
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    Bump to enable others to get sucked into the rabbit hole vortex of EDC knives.  It's all good.  Thank me later- B).
  • I tried to post a question about if you can still use the free AOL online CDs 

I have a hole bunch of them with a hundred free hours and would like to use them

i tried to post and it would’nt let me. 

I think the buffaloe filters out other product names
  • lousubcap
    There are some sweet collections posted in the thread included with the opening post and offered again here:
    Pocket Knives EDC/Collection  
    For the record-my rabbit hole thread impulse buy (with a pre-buy overnight pause-to no effect) arrived today.  
    Now to find a justification/use.
    Or when up against the wall:
    "Life is not based on need alone!"
    Have a great weekend!

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    lousubcap said:
    There are some sweet collections posted in the thread included with the opening post and offered again here:
    Pocket Knives EDC/Collection  
    For the record-my rabbit hole thread impulse buy (with a pre-buy overnight pause-to no effect) arrived today.  
    Now to find a justification/use.
    Or when up against the wall:
    "Life is not based on need alone!"
    Have a great weekend!

Cap you will find previous unsought uses for that.   Keep it with you always, it will be the friend you never knew you wanted.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Langner91
    I miss that old thread... Gone before its time.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • TechsasJim
    Lovely USPS strikes again.   The BM Bailout I ordered from BladeHQ was set to be delivered by USPS yesterday, per their tracking.    Not only was it not delivered it now appears to be lost in space.

Another well oiled gov't agency...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    The newest Postmaster General has been cutting costs which have resulted in the cutting of delivery quality. 

IMO - they should charge enough to run in the black.  Also, that ridiculous requirement on pension funding is really a punitive effort to punish, hamstring and maybe even pursue the Shangri-La dream to drive them to go public by some politicians.
    Well I agree there.   Any publicly traded company would have been insolvent decades ago.   Charge what they need to operate in the black, then see how consumers want to spend their $.   

• Well I agree there.   Any publicly traded company would have been insolvent decades ago.   Charge what they need to operate in the black, then see how consumers want to spend their $.   

Doing that would essentially price-out a lot of people who are very poor and rely on the mail for a whole host of things.  I'm not sure there's an easy solution here.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    So sub par service is just now acceptable? No thanks. Anything that has to be there on time is FedEx or UPS. Bills are paid online
  • TechsasJim
    @JohnInCarolina

i don’t disagree there at all but the Usps is a failed group.   

Sure there needs to be a system in place for the impoverished, no doubt, but when my mailbox is 99% full of items that literally go in the recycling bin (yet they deliver those on time) and lose 50% of what they should be delivering, something needs to happen.   

My wife is at our Usps station weekly complaining about a lost / missing package.  

With this, when I have the option (so long as it’s not ridiculously priced) I always choose a non-Usps delivery option.   

In this case I got what I paid for—free delivery - which seemingly means no delivery.  

End of rant, sorry for venting.  Just frustrating.    
  • nolaegghead

I missed the below legislation that made major changes to USPS retirement funding last year.  
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-senate-approves-50-billion-postal-service-relief-bill-2022-03-08/  

@TechsasJim - that really sucks.  I am a bit surprised by their inability to "find it" in their system as as dang near every piece of mail is accounted for whether a tracking number assigned or not.  

Time to roll in with a complaint linked here:
    https://emailus.usps.com 
    I have used the above too many times but always get a quick response from the post master and eventual resolution.  Worth a shot.  
  • nolaegghead
    lousubcap said:
    I missed the below legislation that made major changes to USPS retirement funding last year.  
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-senate-approves-50-billion-postal-service-relief-bill-2022-03-08/  

@TechsasJim - that really sucks.  I am a bit surprised by their inability to "find it" in their system as as dang near every piece of mail is accounted for whether a tracking number assigned or not.  

Time to roll in with a complaint linked here:
    https://emailus.usps.com 
    I have used the above too many times but always get a quick response from the post master and eventual resolution.  Worth a shot.  
    I missed that too. 

“One reason for the large losses is 2006 legislation mandating USPS pre-fund more than $120 billion in retiree healthcare and pension liabilities.

The new bill eliminates requirements USPS pre-fund retiree health benefits for current and retired employees for 75 years, a requirement no business or other federal entity faces. USPS projects it would sharply reduce its pre-funding liability and save it roughly $27 billion over 10 years.”  From the above link