Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• kl8ton said:
    Rule of thumb

If @JohnInCarolina posts something you don't understand or never heard of....

1. Does it sound sciencey? If yes, don't Google because you won't understand it.

2. If not sciencey, don't Google it on a work computer or in front of your kids.  Be alone and open an incognito window so only Google, your internet provider, the FBI, CIA, Elon, MZ, China, Russia, and Kim Jong-un know about it.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Nursing a dirty egg back into shape after a long hiatus from using it. Threw on some lemon pepper center cut pork loin after getting clean smoke. Just left the dome open. Now clean burning all the eggcessories including one heck of a rusty Daisy wheel. Might smoke up a butt tomorrow or whatever else is on sale while doing some lawn work. @TEXASBGE2018 made me do it. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Livin the high life right there.  Window of opportunity well played.  You grow some great lobsta in the desert!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    lousubcap said:
    Livin the high life right there.  Window of opportunity well played.  You grow some great lobsta in the desert!
    That’s the elusive Lake Havasu lobster. SGH should stop talking about Ron’s money after knowing what Ozzie paid for that. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ribeye on the grill grates. Turned out super tender and juicy!
  • Lobster, steak, and alcohol.  Had my best friends over and just decided to have a party.  Watching some friends who are in Vegas at a NFR qualifier barrel race.  Also watched one of my horses I sold running too.

There’s enjoying life, and then there’s “watching the horse I sold compete on television while eating surf and turf”. You are living well, my friend. 😄
    Marrying into John Duttons Family has its perks. I mean Ozzie is Rip Wheeler is he not?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    A snapshot of our ramen event with former neighbours. I had to be discreet in taking this; both because I was within the line of sight of my guests and was also drawing the ire of my wife in taking the photo.

Thank you for the suggestion and recipe, @caliking

If your setup looks that great, I imagine the meal was fabulous. 

Glad you enjoyed the eggs. Wish I could remember who here shared the  recipe with me. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Ribeye on the grill grates. Turned out super tender and juicy!
    Impressive grid lines, how was the crust on the diamonds?
    canuckland
  • @ColbyLang you can’t go wrong with any of those three things.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    ColbyLang said:
    SRF Black. Meat Church. Rockwood.

Boom! *drops mic*

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @Ozzie_Isaac your third pic has me drooling. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    shtgunal3 said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac your third pic has me drooling. 
    Those SRF strips are amazing and I highly recommend them. Dry brine for 3 - 48hrs, sous Vide at 131 deg for ~3hrs, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt, rest for 15-45 min then a real high heat sear,  sliced, and then folks can pick at them while we all just hang out and relax.  As they disappear, we slice the next one in line.  
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    ColbyLang said:
    SRF Black. Meat Church. Rockwood.

Bark !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian