Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vote on Tuesday so you can complain - otherwise, don't even surface-

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Cant express how happy I was to hear a Stacy Abrams concession speech. Now I just have to hope the undeclared Senate seats give a majority one way or the other once all the votes are counted. That way it doesnt come down to the runoff between Walker/Warnock. 4 more weeks of concentrated political ads might push me over the edge.
    I've got some bad news it will.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Cant express how happy I was to hear a Stacy Abrams concession speech. Now I just have to hope the undeclared Senate seats give a majority one way or the other once all the votes are counted. That way it doesnt come down to the runoff between Walker/Warnock. 4 more weeks of concentrated political ads might push me over the edge.
    Do you know something that this guy does not?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    edited November 2022
    caliking said:
    HeavyG said:
    caliking said:
    The fact that a guy that had a major stroke and can barely string a sentence together beat Oz tells you how terrible of a candidate he was. I agree with @Ozzie_Isaac this should have been a blowout for Republicans, ditch Trump and let him live out his remaining days scarfing down Big Macs and Diet Coke 
    That's what you distilled him down to?

I'm old enough to remember when he trashed Fetterman just because he didn't like his fashion style.
    Even while coming back from his stroke Fetterman is far more articulate/rational than at least a couple dozen sitting members of Congress I can think of.
    I stand by that statement still, the guy dresses like a slob. Ya fine, we shouldn't judge someone on what they wear, blah blah blah. There is a certain amount of etiquette and decorum most people expect from their elected leaders. This guy farts in the face of all that and some of you sniff it like it's a fresh baked pie. Don't get me started on Trump either cause he's the same. Beyond that I fundamentally disagree with the guy on alot. Having said that, I don't live in Pennsylvania so if that's who they want representing them that's their business.
    Dude…

You’re way off the mark, even literally. 

If showing up in a suit and leather shoes was all it took, the US would not be anywhere close to the hot mess it’s in. 
    That “slob” has an MBA from UCONN and a Masters in Public Policy From Harvard. 

Dr Oz lives in New Jersey and sells boner pills on TV. 

There definitely was one terrible candidate in that race. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Can’t believe he wasted his parents’ tuition money just to dress like a slob.  
  • Can’t believe he wasted his parents’ tuition money just to dress like a slob.  
    Rumor is he was a Reagan Republican before those liberal monsters at the Kennedy School indoctrinated him with their liberal poison! 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    I thought the GOP turned him away cuz he couldn't tie a proper Windsor knot
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,210
    caliking said:
    HeavyG said:
    caliking said:
    The fact that a guy that had a major stroke and can barely string a sentence together beat Oz tells you how terrible of a candidate he was. I agree with @Ozzie_Isaac this should have been a blowout for Republicans, ditch Trump and let him live out his remaining days scarfing down Big Macs and Diet Coke 

I'm old enough to remember when he trashed Fetterman just because he didn't like his fashion style.
    Even while coming back from his stroke Fetterman is far more articulate/rational than at least a couple dozen sitting members of Congress I can think of.
    I stand by that statement still, the guy dresses like a slob. Ya fine, we shouldn't judge someone on what they wear, blah blah blah. There is a certain amount of etiquette and decorum most people expect from their elected leaders. This guy farts in the face of all that and some of you sniff it like it's a fresh baked pie. Don't get me started on Trump either cause he's the same. Beyond that I fundamentally disagree with the guy on alot. Having said that, I don't live in Pennsylvania so if that's who they want representing them that's their business.
    Dude…

If showing up in a suit and leather shoes was all it took, the US would not be anywhere close to the hot mess it’s in. 

In all fairness, "Dr." Oz has a BA from Harvard.  His parents are the ones who wasted their money.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• caliking said:
    HeavyG said:
    caliking said:

Dude…

In all fairness, "Dr." Oz has a BA from Harvard.  His parents are the ones who wasted their money.
    He’s worth $100m so did they? /s
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2022
    caliking said:
    HeavyG said:
    caliking said:

Dude…

I think so.  He is just the Shamwow guy with a degree. 😉

• caliking said:
    HeavyG said:
    caliking said:

Dude…

💀
  • My sister has a MBA from UCONN and I have to say I’m not impressed.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

How about the MPP from Harvard? 
    How about the MPP from Harvard? 
    Nope she doesn’t have one of those but that would be weird if she did wouldn’t it?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,635
    caliking said:
    HeavyG said:
    caliking said:

Dude…

most of them (politicians) are Shamwow salesmen, some are just better at it. Getting those to align with their version of the quicker picker upper..

net worth can story a novel..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Same for Nevada. 

Looks like my current boss has just now been projected to be out next Governor. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Cant express how happy I was to hear a Stacy Abrams concession speech. Now I just have to hope the undeclared Senate seats give a majority one way or the other once all the votes are counted. That way it doesnt come down to the runoff between Walker/Warnock. 4 more weeks of concentrated political ads might push me over the edge.
    Cough

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Cant express how happy I was to hear a Stacy Abrams concession speech. Now I just have to hope the undeclared Senate seats give a majority one way or the other once all the votes are counted. That way it doesnt come down to the runoff between Walker/Warnock. 4 more weeks of concentrated political ads might push me over the edge.
    Cough

Yes, CCM will win Nevada. Warnock should easily win the runoff in GA. If Dems end up holding the house, let’s see if they actually codify Roe. Hasn’t happened in the last 50 years. 

Also, let’s see if the Republican Party will learn to turn against the Destroyer in Chief and start putting up good candidates. Most likely not though. 
    Las Vegas, NV

Cough

Yes, CCM will win Nevada. Warnock should easily win the runoff in GA. If Dems end up holding the house, let’s see if they actually codify Roe. Hasn’t happened in the last 50 years. 

Also, let’s see if the Republican Party will learn to turn against the Destroyer in Chief and start putting up good candidates. Most likely not though. 
    The won’t codify Roe. They needed to get to at least 52 in the Senate and hold the house.  

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,806
    Still waiting for that “Red Wave/Tsunami”.

I saw a Pink Shart whiz by, but I may have been at work at the time. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,052
    caliking said:
    Still waiting for that “Red Wave/Tsunami”.

I saw a Pink Shart whiz by, but I may have been at work at the time. 

Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Hopefully we can get back to actual poltics instead of the bafoon in chief **** we have all had to endure.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Where are we on determining how rigged our elections are….let’s see…1586 invalidated votes out of 156 Million in 50 states with 1198 of them Republican voters. That is a whopping 0.000001012%.  

Nothing to see here.
    and a dead guy won in pennsylvania. we are sooooo good at this......

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • and a dead guy won in pennsylvania. we are sooooo good at this......

You mean Uncle Fester?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,226
    and a dead guy won in pennsylvania. we are sooooo good at this......

You mean Uncle Fester?

what to do....we can not not vote for the dead guy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Heck we re-elected a ghoul in Georgia:

You mean Uncle Fester?

what to do....we can not not vote for the dead guy
    Well it was either him or the poseur snake-oil salesman from New Jersey.  

You feel bad? Think about how Dr. Oz feels losing to a dead guy!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Imagine how Trump and his election deniers feel?  They lost completely and utterly to this dynamic duo.  If they don't realize how out of touch they are, then this is what they have to look forward to in 2024: