Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vote on Tuesday so you can complain - otherwise, don't even surface-

Title says it all- while I care about who you can vote for, the overriding deal is to exercise your right to choose.  Make it happen.  We all will address the results downstream.  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,220
    lousubcap said:
    Title says it all- while I care about who you can vote for, the overriding deal is to exercise your right to choose.  Make it happen.  We all will address the results downstream.  
    Will vote but it works funny in ma. Dropping the sales tax passed, they raised it that  year.....only time my vote counted but didn't....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,208
    When do we start contesting the results?

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    lousubcap said:
    Will vote but it works funny in ma. Dropping the sales tax passed, they raised it that  year.....only time my vote counted but didn't....

Ballot referendums can be tricky. Sometimes they're worded such that voting NO actually means YES.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,971
    dmchicago said:
    Months ago. 
    and after eight hours

canuckland
  • I will vote mid morning to let the working folk go first. I have a choice between two lousy candidates. I will vote for the somewhat less lousy and hope that he gets primaried in two years.
  • fishlessman
    HeavyG said:
    lousubcap said:

Ballot referendums can be tricky. Sometimes they're worded such that voting NO actually means YES.
    That one was voted properly, it dropped by a few percent overa couple years, then it rebounded. This years fake question is a 4percent increase with those making a million. All proceeds may go to certain things people want but may isn't a guarantee I love the way these get worded.
    fukahwee maine

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,057
    HeavyG said:
    lousubcap said:

That one was voted properly, it dropped by a few percent overa couple years, then it rebounded. This years fake question is a 4percent increase with those making a million. All proceeds may go to certain things people want but may isn't a guarantee I love the way these get worded.
    In Utah I think in 2018 we passed a medical marijuana bill via a people’s referendum and it was fairly straightforward and should have been a great program.  However, Utah is whacky and there is some override that if congress passes a bill it can override the people’s vote.  Needless to say they had a special session and made up the most garbage of a medical program you could imagine. 

Anyways I get it fish politicians are just good at messing things up. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,577
    For sure the language of any amendments are clouded by the party in power at the state level.  Gonna be quite a ride in the next day or two, at a minimum.  The spin doctors are just getting warmed up.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I voted on Saturday.  Going to be a nail biter down here.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Ozzie…$8.   Ha
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • fishlessman
    What ever happens, I'm happy with chef boyardi. Been eating it a few weeks now since the wisdom teeth removal. Needs salt and the stuff here is made by Campbell's. Today I found out it's recomanded by those in power......they got something right. Anyone egg it😁
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    For sure the language of any amendments are clouded by the party in power at the state level.  Gonna be quite a ride in the next day or two, at a minimum.  The spin doctors are just getting warmed up.  
    You really have to read those things several times, what are they saying, what are they not saying. There should be an ethics committee that monitors something so simple
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,051
    Dropped a bunch of ballots off at the box today.  Nobody was surveilling.

My true hope is to keep the crazies and hateful out of our government.  Let the moderates sort it out.
    Not a felon
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,616
    I voted on Saturday.  Going to be a nail biter down here.
    I voted last week as we were supposed to be enjoying Fort Myers Beach right now. . . we also have a nail biter.  Governor is a dead heat according to media.  Proposal 3 in MI is. . . well. . . a very hot topic.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I am surprised nobody has been canvassing under served communities and telling them to vote on Nov. 9th.. That seems to happen a few times over a voting season.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I am surprised nobody has been canvassing under served communities and telling them to vote on Nov. 9th.. That seems to happen a few times over a voting season.
    Biden already said it publicly. 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,058
    Biden said it in all 54 states!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,764
    6:03 CST, ballot casted
  • Legume
    I just got email confirmation my ballot has been tabulated and they sent me this.

Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Well, since I didn't win the Powerball and cannot flee to New Zealand, I guess I shall vote.

• Legume
    Well, since I didn't win the Powerball and cannot flee to New Zealand, I guess I shall vote.
    I remember when you were lamenting taxes in AZ and were considering a move to the gulf coast.
    Not a felon
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    My wife convinced me to early vote this time.    I never have before b/c I like the fanfare of the actual day.    Fun voting 3x in one year:   primary, primary runoff and actual vote.   I have all 3 stickers.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    I remember when you were lamenting taxes in AZ and were considering a move to the gulf coast.
    I lament all taxes.  Gulf Coast would still be great.  I like change.  Almost moved to Utah earlier this year too.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I’m sure some think I’m making a dig or joke, but sadly I’m not. 
  • Legume
    Nah, he definitely gaffes from time to time.  Remember W?  He caught sh!t for it too.  

Easy pickins’
    Not a felon
  • Already voted and in line for the new Covid booster vaccination. Been waiting an extra 18 minutes past my appointment time. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2022
    Voted last week. Took about 10min

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    i voted so heres my complaint (thanks for giving me this opportunity).   they gave the mostly deaf 85 year old plus election workers computers this year, that worked out well......next year its mail in.  the group in front of me was from the turkish mosque down the street. spell your name, e.....i....no e......i.  please copy it from my drivers license,   we dont take id's.  funny, but not. longest voting line ive ever been in, 40 minutes to log in 20 people
    fukahwee maine