Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vote on Tuesday so you can complain - otherwise, don't even surface-

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,813

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    And the buffoonery starts already.   My daughter and son in law were not allowed to vote b/c they recently got married and moved in to a new house and had not changed their voter registration details to their new home.   2hrs in line...
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • And the buffoonery starts already.   My daughter and son in law were not allowed to vote b/c they recently got married and moved in to a new house and had not changed their voter registration details to their new home.   2hrs in line...
    Saw the same thing ahead of me in line. Really while you are updated all of your billing notices, signing up for new utilities and cable etc might as well update your voter rolls.
  • TechsasJim
    And the buffoonery starts already.   My daughter and son in law were not allowed to vote b/c they recently got married and moved in to a new house and had not changed their voter registration details to their new home.   2hrs in line...
    Saw the same thing ahead of me in line. Really while you are updated all of your billing notices, signing up for new utilities and cable etc might as well update your voter rolls.
    Yep, they were frustrated...they can only move as fast as the Gov't.     They got married, my daughter sent in her details to change her name legally (hasn't received SSN back yet from Gov't) so they brought their prior voter registrations cards, Marriage License and utility bills - still sent away.

They're frustrated.    I would be too.    Still trying to decided if this is ultimately a good or bad thing, fraud-wise.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,051
    Yep, they were frustrated...they can only move as fast as the Gov't.     They got married, my daughter sent in her details to change her name legally (hasn't received SSN back yet from Gov't) so they brought their prior voter registrations cards, Marriage License and utility bills - still sent away.

They're frustrated.    I would be too.    Still trying to decided if this is ultimately a good or bad thing, fraud-wise.
    Fraud?

Why don’t they drive to where they’re registered ?
    Not a felon
  • TechsasJim
    edited November 2022
    Legume said:

Fraud?

They’re in the same city.   We all live in Houston, they tried to vote in Houston.   They’re registered in Houston.  

**Clarification**, this is my fault as I did not elaborate.   Voting here they ask "Do you still live at X address" and they both said NO.    

To this, since they have both recently moved, their Driver's Licenses have not been updated (they have both changed their DLs but do not have them back in physical versions).

They answered honestly, provided documentation of where they do live currently via utility bills.

That is the reason why I brought up fraud and being on the fence.   I know for a fact they are both legitimate but others do not.   So I am on the fence.   Great security mechanism but unfortunate to those that tried to legally vote.   I see both sides...

Sorry for my lack of clarification...
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,208
    edited November 2022
    Legume said:

Fraud?

They’re in the same city.   We all live in Houston, they tried to vote in Houston.   They’re registered in Houston.  

In AZ, ****we have specific polling places to vote at.  The city has many many many polling places, but you must go to the unique one based on your registered address.****

Sorry, the above is wrong.  It changed in February of 2022.

On Feb. 15, 2022, the Board of Supervisors authorized the use of Vote Centers for County elections, starting this year with the August primary and November general elections. Vote Centers were authorized by the State Legislature in 2011 and 11 other counties in the state make use of them for their elections, including Maricopa County. They are a departure from the precinct-only voting that has been the norm in the County. Under the precinct system, voters could only cast a ballot on Election Day at the polling place specific to the precinct in which they lived. With Vote Centers, voters can cast a ballot at any County Vote Center, whether it be near their home, their work, their school, or wherever they may happen to be on Election Day.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Legume
    Was the same for me in Austin, I had one place to vote day-of, but as I recall early voting was a narrower set of places and therefore flexible if you were in the same county/district.  Something like that.
    Not a felon
  • TechsasJim
    Sorry for the earlier confusion / lack of detail.

The goal was not to rock the boat but was more out of frustration.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Sorry for the earlier confusion / lack of detail.

The goal was not to rock the boat but was more out of frustration.
    My boat ain't rockin'.  I would be frustrated too, hopefully they can sort it out.

• Legume
    Mine either, I just didn’t understand the fraud reference.  I guess you were saying they chose not to lie to the polling place.  Makes sense.
    Not a felon
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    edited November 2022
    I voted on Saturday.  Going to be a nail biter down here.
    I voted today. Will not be a nail-biter here. One-party rule for 27 straight years here so sometimes it feels futile to be on the other side of that. Im still out here giving them hell on my lonely little island though ha ha. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I voted on Saturday.  Going to be a nail biter down here.
    I voted today. Will not be a nail-biter here. One party rule for 27 straight years here so sometimes it feels futile to be on the other side of that. Im still out here giving them hell on my lonely little island though ha ha. 
    Well at least the party in charge has kept the state running like a well-oiled machine all these years…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • They’re in the same city.   We all live in Houston, they tried to vote in Houston.   They’re registered in Houston.  

**Clarification**, this is my fault as I did not elaborate.   Voting here they ask "Do you still live at X address" and they both said NO.    

To this, since they have both recently moved, their Driver's Licenses have not been updated (they have both changed their DLs but do not have them back in physical versions).

They answered honestly, provided documentation of where they do live currently via utility bills.

That is the reason why I brought up fraud and being on the fence.   I know for a fact they are both legitimate but others do not.   So I am on the fence.   Great security mechanism but unfortunate to those that tried to legally vote.   I see both sides...

Sorry for my lack of clarification...

That's terrible for them, but I also feel better about having reasonable safeguards in place. I know every state is different, but surprised there's not more readily available options to ensure they can cast ballots for situations just like this that while rare, most assuredly occur. Also a little surprised they don't get a temporary drivers license when renewing or changing addresses.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Legume
    You can still vote, you just have to plan ahead.
    Not a felon
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I voted today. Will not be a nail-biter here. One-party rule for 27 straight years here so sometimes it feels futile to be on the other side of that. Im still out here giving them hell on my lonely little island though ha ha. 
    That's why I moved across the Mississippi.  I know the feeling.

JohnInCarolina said:
    I voted today. Will not be a nail-biter here. One party rule for 27 straight years here so sometimes it feels futile to be on the other side of that. Im still out here giving them hell on my lonely little island though ha ha. 
    Well at least the party in charge has kept the state running like a well-oiled machine all these years…
    Again, same exact thing can be said about Illinois.  Maybe it isn't the party, maybe it is the players.

Term limits may be our only hope.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Going to go vote.  Let's see if I make the news.  Will drop my wife's early ballot in the ballot box and then fill out my own ballot.  All legal, but people are crazy.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Left home at 4:43, voted, back home at 5:17. Pretty smooth process.  Except they ran out of "I Voted Stickers" ... So maybe it was a guerilla voting setup and my vote won't count 🤔

• Left home at 4:43, voted, back home at 5:17. Pretty smooth process.  Except they ran out of "I Voted Stickers" ... So maybe it was a guerilla voting setup and my vote won't count 🤔
    Those stickers have chips in them to track your movements.  You dodged a bullet today my friend.  
  • Legume
    Good for you Frank.
    Not a felon
  • @lousubcap

Long day, but important work. There is no democracy without it. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,806
    Were they not offered a provisional ballot? I just learned about this today.

https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/notice-to-provisional-voter.pdf

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,044

I had voted by mail last week.  McMuffin ran as an Independent and UT's democratic party (all 9 of them) decided to not nominate a candidate, and instead put their full support behind McMuffin.  He and traitorlee were within 1% a week ago, but apparently lee has taken more of a lead.
    I'm praying for a "Kansas Surprise" here too, but I'm not holding my breath.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    Poll worker today-left home at 4:55 AM; back home at 7:25 PM (allEST).  What a turnout, steady time in line was 40 minutes from when the doors opened til close.  Since last person in line can vote when polls close at 6 PM; last vote cast and 6:25 PM.
    Regarding voting and addresses, the state decides the criteria for where the voter who's address is different than on the voting register is handled.   And a lot of the decision matrix is based on time since address change.  FWIW-

My DL address is different than my voting address.  I updated on DMV website within the 10 day requirement of moving, but haven't bothered to get an updated DL in 3 years.

I just bring my car registration and my property tax bill both of which match my voter registration address.  Never had an issue.

• TechsasJim
    caliking said:
    Were they not offered a provisional ballot? I just learned about this today.

https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/notice-to-provisional-voter.pdf
    No sir, not to my knowledge.   Granted they are both young and the last time they voted it was easy for them due to residencies, etc.  

It’s a good lesson learned at the end of the day.   They will make sure all their items are in line etc moving forward.  Aka adulting.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,044
    edited November 2022
    Have PBS on right now.  I don't understand why two elections (AK Guv'nor and a senator in ND) have been already declared, with ZERO votes counted yet...   :s  

EDIT:  And just now Guvs of Wyoming and Iowa declared too, with zero votes counted.... 

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Botch said:
    Have PBS on right now.  I don't understand why two elections (AK Guv'nor and a senator in ND) have been already declared, with ZERO votes counted yet...   :s  
    Exit polls weren’t terribly close.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:

EDIT:  And just now Guvs of Wyoming and Iowa declared too, with zero votes counted.... 
    How long does it take to count 17 votes?