Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vote on Tuesday so you can complain - otherwise, don't even surface-

Comments

• bella21 said:
    Forgive me if this is completely ignorant. I’m not one who gets involved in politics. But I have a question. 

It was a few years back the blue overtook the house and senate and both the blue claimed victory and also the red claimed victory that they didn’t lose by as much as anticipated.

Looks like red is taking the house and possibly the senate and both blue and red are claiming victory?

since when did almost winning become a victory?

I have zero party affiliation, I’m just curious. Apologies if there is something deeper at play that I don’t understand?
    Politics is all about expectations and spin.  

The truth is we've all lost.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,577
    All I will offer is that pundits paint the landscape and if you do better than the painted scape then as Democrats did you declare victory and if you actually win with lower outcomes but still win the majority you declare victory.  
    But if you had odds on the election outcomes across the country, the D's exceeded expectations, especially given a first-term president. 
    It's all in the spin.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    bella21 said:
    Forgive me if this is completely ignorant. I’m not one who gets involved in politics. But I have a question. 

It was a few years back the blue overtook the house and senate and both the blue claimed victory and also the red claimed victory that they didn’t lose by as much as anticipated.

Looks like red is taking the house and possibly the senate and both blue and red are claiming victory?

since when did almost winning become a victory?

I have zero party affiliation, I’m just curious. Apologies if there is something deeper at play that I don’t understand?

Blue is just claiming that the much touted "red tsunami" turned out to be just a raindrop ripple in a mud puddle.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,051
    Fewer extreme whack jobs is a win for everyone.  I’ve never seen so many unqualified candidates or those pushing fringe ideas as we have had this year.

Agree - control of house and senate is a win, but control by a narrow margin isn’t the same as having a majority that can throw their weight around.  So, win/win for us citizens?
    Not a felon
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    It is just a bit ironic that he (Fetterman) is from Western PA where fossil fuels and steel are huge job/revenue generators.   He dresses like a blue collar guy, acts like a blue collar guy but has sided with Biden to disavow fossil fuels.  

I don’t know the guy, haven’t followed him much and couldn’t give a rip (since he doesn’t represent me)

He reminds me of a saying we have down here in Texas:   All hat, no cattle.  

He wants to look the part but doesn’t act the part.   

I might be wrong since I don’t follow him
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Legume
    I think he said in the debate he supports fracking.

I think it’s nuts to go all in on fossil fuels as much as it is nuts to go dead opposite and say no fossil fuels.  Is it worth working toward that?  I think so, but people don’t bite futures they vote tomorrow and the day after.
    Not a felon
  •  Just think of Uncle Fester from the Adams Family when you see him.
  • TechsasJim
    I could be wrong bc I think he changed his position on fracking,
    so yes I agree with that.   

He likely had to to try to win his western PA voters.  

On energy related issues, there is space for all:   Fossil fuels, wind, solar, nuclear,
    etc.  
  • I could be wrong bc I think he changed his position on fracking,
    so yes I agree with that.   

He likely had to to try to win his western PA voters.  

On energy related issues, there is space for all:   Fossil fuels, wind, solar, nuclear,
    etc.  
    Only a few of these realistically have a viable future over the long term though.  And that's being driven by the market more than anything else.  
  • TechsasJim
    @JohnInCarolina

yes I agree.    Wind is a current mess (but has so much potential).   The blades aren’t biodegradable and the farms I pass by routinely are barely functioning at 50%.    Then there is the energy storage / transmission issue which is less than ideal     

Fossil fuels are the stop gap until wind/solar/hydro/nuclear/etc are up to the demand needs.  
  • @JohnInCarolina

yes I agree.    Wind is a current mess (but has so much potential).   The blades aren’t biodegradable and the farms I pass by routinely are barely functioning at 50%.    Then there is the energy storage / transmission issue which is less than ideal     

Fossil fuels are the stop gap until wind/solar/hydro/nuclear/etc are up to the demand needs.  
    Nuclear likely does not have much of a future.  It is just being priced out relative to solar and other renewables.  And then there's the waste which nobody really wants to deal with.  

I write that as someone who works with a lot of nuclear energy people.  Nuclear really could have been a bridge to 100% renewables at one point in time but the public got too spooked.  
  • TechsasJim
    Well I threw out Nuclear bc it has been a source but I do not disagree with you on that front.  

Geothermal is coming on domestically- showing up in places in The US most would not have previously expected.   
  • Well I threw out Nuclear bc it has been a source but I do not disagree with you on that front.  

Geothermal is coming on domestically- showing up in places in The US most would not have previously expected.   
    Yep, we have a current project on enhanced geothermal systems with Livermore.  It definitely is a growth area.  The DOE is putting considerable investments into that space.  
  • TechsasJim
    Yes.    We have about 10 projects going with Geo groups.  

Our conversation (which has been quite good) has led me to pour a nightcap.   

Thanks for the banter John, good conversation.   
  • **** me.  Why do people like him get platforms to spread their stupidity?  He is a **** pillow salesman.  Couldn't even hack it in mattresses.
    The First Amendment. Better to let a fool reveal himself than gag him.
    The only pitfall of this is that it creates the possibility that the fool be elected. 

“Ignorance and confidence is all you need, and then success is sure” (paraphrased)
    - Mark Twain
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,208
    Well I threw out Nuclear bc it has been a source but I do not disagree with you on that front.  

Yep, we have a current project on enhanced geothermal systems with Livermore.  It definitely is a growth area.  The DOE is putting considerable investments into that space.  
    I am open to testing residential units if you need a location.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• TechsasJim

Eavor is actually doing this for residential.    At least I believe they are-or that was a model at one point.   
  • Well I threw out Nuclear bc it has been a source but I do not disagree with you on that front.  

Eavor is actually doing this for residential.    At least I believe they are-or that was a model at one point.   
    Guys check this out:

https://utahforge.com/
  • TechsasJim
    Thanks for this John!   
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,044
    GrateEggspectations said:
    The only pitfall of this is that it creates the possibility that the fool be elected. 
    Precisely why one group wants to fund Education more, while another group wants to ban books.  An educated electorate is a severe threat to one of those groups.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Legume
    Counting ballots in western Colorado sure is slow.
    Not a felon
  • Legume said:
    Counting ballots in western Colorado sure is slow.
    That’s what happens when everyone is high, Stoner!
  • Legume
    Hahaha.  Tell me you’re old without telling me you’re old.

Should that be your?
    Not a felon
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    HeavyG said:
    Fetterman does seem like the kind of guy who would keep a bass boat on the front lawn, so now this is all starting to make sense.

I'm curious if, when he is finally ready to replace them, he takes his "slobby" clothes back to Costco and asks for a refund?
    This is good. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,057

Guys check this out:

https://utahforge.com/
    Milford is such an interesting little town I used to loath my drive out there for work.  They have coal mining, a large wind farm, and I guess some geothermal research.  I just find that combo interesting for a truly small town.  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,971
    Dislikowart has surfaced.
    canuckland
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Cant express how happy I was to hear a Stacy Abrams concession speech. Now I just have to hope the undeclared Senate seats give a majority one way or the other once all the votes are counted. That way it doesnt come down to the runoff between Walker/Warnock. 4 more weeks of concentrated political ads might push me over the edge.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Cant express how happy I was to hear a Stacy Abrams concession speech. Now I just have to hope the undeclared Senate seats give a majority one way or the other once all the votes are counted. That way it doesnt come down to the runoff between Walker/Warnock. 4 more weeks of concentrated political ads might push me over the edge.
    I've got some bad news it will.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.