Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    A Thomas Keller dish prepared by my wife. 
    Lamb
    beans
    a five hour reduction 
    Bravo! :clap:

Love the colors on the plate. Such an elegant presentation. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Dry-aged prime ribeyes and Pommes Anna

oh my
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @dmchicago
    "A Thomas Keller dish prepared by my wife. 
    Lamb
    beans
    a five hour reduction"

The pay-back keeps going up.  
    That is a beautiful plate right there.  Eating extremely well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @4TheGrillOfIt - that is a great cook and finish.  Dang-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @dmchicago - Killing it with the cooks you and your wife are throwing down.  
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    @dmchicago those look amazing! Would you mind sharing the recipe?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    scored some free alaskan pollock, would rather have atlantic but free is free. not bad, used a new england style ipa for the beer batter

not a bad ipa

3 people ate 16 fillets so it couldnt have been bad

The ribs look mighty fine, but this speaks to me...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited October 2022
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Cheesy Stuffed Mexican Peppers With Red Chili Sauce Recipe (seriouseats.com)

@shtgunal3
    I used this for the sauce and stuffing. Added some chipotle powder to the mix.

I used poblano peppers that I roasted and removed the skin. Topped them with extra cheese 'cause cheese.

Baked for about 30 minutes.

They were outstanding. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,753
    Options
    caliking said:
    scored some free alaskan pollock, would rather have atlantic but free is free. not bad, used a new england style ipa for the beer batter

not a bad ipa

3 people ate 16 fillets so it couldnt have been bad

The ribs look mighty fine, but this speaks to me...

dont know why i dont do this often. plop in batter, plop in oil, plop on rack, gone. no need to put it on a plate, it just disappears off the rack.  way too easy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    shtgunal3 said:
    Cheesy Stuffed Mexican Peppers With Red Chili Sauce Recipe (seriouseats.com)

@shtgunal3
    I used this for the sauce and stuffing. Added some chipotle powder to the mix.

I used poblano peppers that I roasted and removed the skin. Topped them with extra cheese 'cause cheese.

Baked for about 30 minutes.

They were outstanding. 
    I might have to try this.  I'd probably smoke them on the BGE, however.  That's how we do the stuffed peppers from Costco, and the smoke adds quite a bit to the flavor profile.  In any case, your pic looks incredible.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Stuffed Poblanos. 

have only done poblano peppers following steve raichlens old chili relleno recipe on the egg, like this with the enchilado style though. maybe this weekend.  was removing the skin necessary, ive never done that with the baked rellenos and didnt see it a problem
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    Options
    @dbCooper - beef ribs beat their pork cousins every time.  Great cook!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    No pics, just tacos.  Ground beef tacos.  But I tried two new things:

1.  After watching a Kenji video, I tried browning the beef/onion not in my usual non-stick, but in a steel skillet, with higher heat.  Got some crust on some of the beef, but not all.  Added some chipotle mash and chicken broth at the end, with a lid, killed the heat, while I chopped the lettuce/'maters, and microwaved the hard shells.  Didn't drain any fat off the beef like I usually do.  Beef tasted/chewed much better, but was moist; I'll be doing this method from now on.

2.  After watching a STCG video, I tried making the seasoning by eyeballing the measurements (which I usually do) but just by shaking the jar into the bowl (which I usually don't).  It kept my palm clean, but got herb/spice everywhere, especially on the jar's top/threads (like Sam does).  I won't be doing this again.  

Oh, and I'll state one more time, those upright taco shell holders are a great invention I wish I'd discovered 35 years ago.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @MasterC - That is a great banquet right there.  I'm sure you put quite a hurt on that.  Great work with the pesto as well.  
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Botch said:
    No pics, just tacos.  Ground beef tacos.  But I tried two new things:

1.  After watching a Kenji video, I tried browning the beef/onion not in my usual non-stick, but in a steel skillet, with higher heat.  Got some crust on some of the beef, but not all.  Added some chipotle mash and chicken broth at the end, with a lid, killed the heat, while I chopped the lettuce/'maters, and microwaved the hard shells.  Didn't drain any fat off the beef like I usually do.  Beef tasted/chewed much better, but was moist; I'll be doing this method from now on.

2.  After watching a STCG video, I tried making the seasoning by eyeballing the measurements (which I usually do) but just by shaking the jar into the bowl (which I usually don't).  It kept my palm clean, but got herb/spice everywhere, especially on the jar's top/threads (like Sam does).  I won't be doing this again.  

Oh, and I'll state one more time, those upright taco shell holders are a great invention I wish I'd discovered 35 years ago.  

I use a 500, 000 btu outside burner, quick, fast and use shaved beef. I don't think you can get it hot enough.  Use a wok and work fast
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Mattman3969- as always, a great cook.  Please don't let the sadness of the diamond plate departure restrict your fantastic cooks here.  We all can adapt.   B)
  • wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    Options
    @MasterC- Wow! My kind of cook- ribs look great, mac cheese looks great, pie looks great, fire looks great, everything looks great! And I can appreciate the lawnmower beer!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!