Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    I love beef back ribs when I can find them with no shiners.  Those look great.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,749
    lousubcap said:
    I love beef back ribs when I can find them with no shiners.  Those look great.  
    Straight up Costco @lousubcap
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Gotta be a CA attraction as I have not seen them here but will hit Costco up this week.  Thanks for the steer.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    lousubcap said:
    Gotta be a CA attraction as I have not seen them here but will hit Costco up this week.  Thanks for the steer.  
    I see what you did there.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap said:
    While on beef ribs-today's dino bones effort:
    Three bone plate ribs from SRF-(Started at 7.9 lbs)

And the $$ shot-aka brisket on a stick (been too long since I've cooked these.)

Great eats.
    Thanks for lookin'
    Edit-@caliking's thread "Cooked some things...thread" wins the day, hands down. 
    Too beautiful for even the finest of goat lockers. No way this cook is going submerged and undetected. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    lousubcap said:

Great eats.
    Thanks for lookin'
    Edit-@caliking's thread "Cooked some things...thread" wins the day, hands down. 
    Dude!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    lousubcap said:

Great eats.
    This pic easily belongs in Texas Monthly

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Just a 24 Oz flat iron steak for fajitas tonight.  My buddy that does comps told me to take it to 155+  IT.  Would be the best flavor….and so tender.  I pulled it at 155, rested 10 minutes, and it was tender, juicy, and really good.  Will do this again!
  • dmchicago said:
    Chicken enchiladas 
    Tomatillos sauce 

I had to come back for a triple take on this one, dude I need these in my life. Care to share the recipe? I'm always up for a change on my normal enchiladas.

LBGE
    AL
  • dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:
    Chicken enchiladas 
    Tomatillos sauce 

I had to come back for a triple take on this one, dude I need these in my life. Care to share the recipe? I'm always up for a change on my normal enchiladas.

My pleasure:

The Best Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe (seriouseats.com)

Good stuff, thank you!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    What kind of salad is that?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Legume said:
    Assume you're addressing me?  
    No salad.  Bed of rice with the gravy on top of half of it, and a sliced 1/2 green pepper.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    edited September 2022
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    Assume you're addressing me?  
    No salad.  Bed of rice with the gravy on top of half of it, and a sliced 1/2 green pepper.  
    Yep, it was looking kind of salad-y and given your sig, I thought I’d ask.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Beautiful!

Nice wine paring, too!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • That looks terrific!
    Stillwater, MN
  • @paqman

Did you confit, or pre-made? No shame in the latter; I find them great. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,669
    @paqman

Did you confit, or pre-made? No shame in the latter; I find them great. 
    Cured in a salty brine with celery juice for about a week (equilibrium but I don’t recall the ratio, I’ll need to look it up).

Cooked sous-vide 36 hours @ 155F

Let it rest in the fridge for a couple of days.

Froze it (that was back in December 2019).

Took it out of the freezer a couple of days ago.  Boiled 10-15 minutes in the bag and then transferred to a ceramic pot to roast it for about 10 minutes.

Seasoned with Schwartz’s poultry seasoning and Chinese 5 spices.

It was pretty good for a pre-pandemic bird!  It is not as good as the traditional way but it is much cheaper than getting 50$ of duck fat.  I am not sure that it is worth the effort, Costco sells a 2 pack that is already cooked for about the same price that I pay for 1 leg and it is as good if not better…