Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @ColbyLang - that lineup is sweet.  Big Elijah Craig fans in your crowd.  
    Frank, those were the limited release barrel proofs from the last couple of releases. And yes, big EC fans
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    lousubcap said:
    @ColbyLang - that lineup is sweet.  Big Elijah Craig fans in your crowd.  
    Frank, those were the limited release barrel proofs from the last couple of releases. And yes, big EC fans
    I just was introduced to the ECBP last year and have been lucky enough to grab both releases so far this year. Great stuff. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    The only "Japanese whisky" I have had are the Blanton's exported to the country and then shipped under the guise of clandestine back to the USA. 
    Reads a barrel strength of 102.8 which is quite close to the 103 proof Gold label I have.
    Enjoy as I'm sure it is quite smooth.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    My experience with true Japanese whiskey has been they’re very peat heavy. Like scotch. 
  • Dawgtired
    Dawgtired Posts: 632
    Options
    Summertime it’s Horton’s tequila with a squeeze of orange over ice or the lime version with club soda. 

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    My experience with true Japanese whiskey has been they’re very peat heavy. Like scotch. 
    Agreed. I would say it is definitely scotch but they cannot or don’t choose to call it that. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The colour (nod) of the above favors brown over blonde water but the taste will be the true reveal.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options

Muscling through the heat down here.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • jadams03
    jadams03 Posts: 45
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Agreed. I would say it is definitely scotch but they cannot or don’t choose to call it that. 
    Interesting- my experience has been different.  Most of the Japanese whiskies that I have had have been less peaty- they seem more precise to me.  Certainly a spectrum (just like scotch).  I understand that Yoichi bottlings are much more peaty. 

Also, a shout-out to @GrateEggspectations for the Nikka from the Barrel bottle that prompted this conversation.  Great pour!  Whiskey Advocate Whiskey of the Year 4-5 years ago if I recall correctly.
    Large BGE--Louisville KY

"May I be worthy of my meat." Wendell Berry
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    jadams03 said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Interesting- my experience has been different.  Most of the Japanese whiskies that I have had have been less peaty- they seem more precise to me.  Certainly a spectrum (just like scotch).  I understand that Yoichi bottlings are much more peaty. 

Also, a shout-out to @GrateEggspectations for the Nikka from the Barrel bottle that prompted this conversation.  Great pour!  Whiskey Advocate Whiskey of the Year 4-5 years ago if I recall correctly.
    Totally agree based upon my limited exposure. More in the classic highlands or Speyside as opposed to an Islay. You’d be hard pressed to distinguish a Japanese whisky from a common scotch offering IMO. I’m a scotch lover so that’s just fine by me. 😁
  • RagingIrishman
    Options
    Nice beer that I brought back from Aruba. Wish I had brought back more but only found these at the airport for sale at a small take out food stand. 

Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Nice beer that I brought back from Aruba. Wish I had brought back more but only found these at the airport for sale at a small take out food stand. 

Baladhi was the big brewery when I was down last.   Even their basic offerings were nice.  
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    jadams03 said:
    ColbyLang said:

Thanks. While I’ve had Nikka offerings before, this one was special for me. A/B’d it with some Suntory whiskey, which didn’t hold a candle. 
  • jadams03
    jadams03 Posts: 45
    Options

apologies for the sideways picture!
    Large BGE--Louisville KY

"May I be worthy of my meat." Wendell Berry
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,649
    Options

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    Options
  • TechsasJim
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Tito’s, Central Market’s Italian Lime sparkling water and lime.   Nice day drink 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Evening drink.   Not my favorite, too hot for me but was a Barrel Pick from my local shop. 

• TechsasJim
    Options
    Only Wednesday but feels like a full week has gone by.  

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Bramble for SWMBO, Gold Rush for me

Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Used to always keep the old ceramic toppers on hand iykyk.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Stormbringer that's some nice champagne right there.  The fish and chips are being well toasted.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Anyone had this?    SIL bringing over for Sunday dinner.