Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 379
    Botch said:
    Thighs again. Dialing it in...think I'm converting from a breast man to thighs. At least for chicken.
    Curious about your rub/sauce; those look really tasty.  
    Thanks!

Nothing fancy. Rub is a mix of Spicy Dizzy Dust and Honey Hog. Sauce is G. Hughes sugar free sweet & spicy. Trying to lose some lbs.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Greek Bowls for lunch meal prep. Grilled the chicken with Spiceology Greek Freak. 

Big fan of Greek Freak. I spend way too much money at Spiceology.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Last night - Ground beef and pulled pork chili. Really hit the spot. 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    lkapigian said:
    Carbonara with Pancetta Tessa Fatta in Casa

Can you gather a shipping quote to 70506 for two giant plates of this please?!? Looks amazing 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    edited August 2022
    I have been in the recipe rabbit hole. Mom has been ordered on a low potassium/renal diet. Everything she likes to eat is on the verboten list. Trying to persuade her to try okra(more than just boiled) and eggplant. They grow like weeds in our garden but she never really cared for them. No tomatoes, no beans other than green beans and English peas, no cheese except small amounts of cream cheese, no to almost all greens except kale which she of course doesn’t like, no whole grains, no whole wheat bread etc. Oh no potatoes of any kind.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @lkapigian That is one spectacular plate.  Nailed it.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    I have been in the recipe rabbit hole. Mom has been ordered on a low potassium/renal diet. Everything she likes to eat is on the verboten list. Trying to persuade her to try okra(more than just boiled) and eggplant. They grow like weeds in our garden but she never really cared for them. No tomatoes, no beans other than green beans and English peas, no cheese except small amounts of cream cheese, no to almost all greens except kale which she of course doesn’t like, no whole grains, no whole wheat bread etc. Oh no potatoes of any kind.
    That's tough. My dr has me on the other side. Kale chourico potato soup world for me. I need potassium. She may just need a meat diet which I prefer over french fries
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    HeavyG said:
    Greek Bowls for lunch meal prep. Grilled the chicken with Spiceology Greek Freak. 

Big fan of Greek Freak. I spend way too much money at Spiceology.
    My Ace stocks it, almost exclusively, along with Traeger rubs. I have grown to really love it. I still go to Dizzy Pig for some of my favorites. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    ColbyLang said:
    lkapigian said:
    Carbonara with Pancetta Tessa Fatta in Casa

Can you gather a shipping quote to 70506 for two giant plates of this please?!? Looks amazing 
    Looks amazing !!  reminds me of my fav dish I had in Italy earlier this summer. It was fish carbonara ( tuna instead of bacon ) I will never forget it.  Yours looks damn good, I guess I shouldn’t be intimidated to try at home !

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    CPFC1905 said:
    Fruits of the sea 
    Have always wanted to prep a fish like this.

What kind of fish?
    How did you prepare it?
    I anticipate you eat the skin. Correct?

Looks good!
    One trout and one sea bass. I don’t know much about fish so I go to the fish counter and make sure they gut it for me.  
    All I do to cook is slit the skin, rub a small amount of olive oil and coarse salt. Sometimes lemon inside. 
    Crispy skin is the best part and it smells like you’re on holiday by the Mediterranean 😁
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • lousubcap
    @caliking Great plate right there!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited August 2022
    I have had a bumper crop of Cherokee purple tomatoes so this pie will pair with some steaks tonight 
    Outstanding! I love tomato pie.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • mehsrea
    mehsrea Posts: 23
    caliking said:
    I have had a bumper crop of Cherokee purple tomatoes so this pie will pair with some steaks tonight 
    Ooh yea how do you make that?
  • Love Purple Cherokees and tomato pie.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,546
    mehsrea said:
    caliking said:
    Ooh yea how do you make that?
    Pie base, layer thinly sliced onions, spread a third of a cup moz and third of a cup parm, layer of tomatoes, spread a quarter cup basil pesto, layer of tomatoes, mix half a cup mayo and cheddar spread over tomatoes, 400 degrees 25 min, let it stand for 20 min, tear some fresh basil and sprinkle with parm.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    @CPFC1905 - Great banquet for the married lap of the sun.  Nailed that finish.  And yes, a charred fat fan right here as well.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Tabouli and Carolina Pork Hash

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    SWMBO wanted sloppy Joe’s. The pot of fresh green beans has been on for about 4 hours. Comfort food 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    ColtsFan said:
    SWMBO wanted sloppy Joe’s. The pot of fresh green beans has been on for about 4 hours. Comfort food 

Green Beans are the perfect vegetable.  You can't cook them wrong.
    They are fantastic raw, lightly grilled, charred, steamed, blanched, boiled for hours, pickled, fermented, stir-fried, baked, microwaved, etc.  No matter how you cook them, they're delicious and you can't screw them up.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited August 2022
    @CPFC1905 - that’s a fabulous looking hunka bovine. 

Congrats to your bride. I hope her suffering has been worth it =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ribeye, asparagus, and cheesy potatoes with ham.  All with pecan wood on the coals.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    That really looks wonderful, @CPFC1905! Congrats on another year as well.
    Stillwater, MN