Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

he actually looks mildly afraid in that scene #acting!
    That you picked up the 'mildly' illustrates the #acting colossus PB is. If we were to work shop it, I reckon we'd find about 8 emotions being conveyed in that look and four pages of dialogue. 
    He is no Daniel Craig, that is for sure.  I don't think PB movies should be a part of James Bond canon.
    I see what you’re trying to do and I won’t bite. 

Tangentially, Daniel Craig’s ‘Layer Cake’ is a fine film. One scene depicts Morty taking retribution upon a former accomplice.  I recently took luncheon within the fine eating establishment where it was filmed. 

And you thought my football predictions were a futile consumer of time and effort? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

he actually looks mildly afraid in that scene #acting!
    That you picked up the 'mildly' illustrates the #acting colossus PB is. If we were to work shop it, I reckon we'd find about 8 emotions being conveyed in that look and four pages of dialogue. 
    He is no Daniel Craig, that is for sure.  I don't think PB movies should be a part of James Bond canon.
    You ever notice how PB has a British accent in every movie he’s in?  He even plays a Brit in movies that are filmed in the US, where every other character is American.

That’s talent.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    update:

That is the way to finish the cook.  Dang-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    update:

That is the way to finish the cook.  Dang-
    Thanks Frank.  These were pork tenderloin medallions I smoked on the KBQ.  Only took about an hour to get to 135 with the dishwasher set to 225.  

I usually do pork tenderloin hot and fast, raised direct.  But these came out really tender.  I did sear them up top at the end, right over the firebox, just to add a bit of char.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    ICASIL
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Taking Aleve.  Spent the morning weeding flower beds, and I will be sore tomorrow.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,038
    Options
    Getting ready to wash the pavers in my outdoor grill area. As a PSA when carrying your pork shoulders from the grill to the kitchen, try not spill a half gallon of boiling oil all over yourself and the ground.  I am pretty sure my buddies kids learned some new words and dance moves yesterday 🤦‍♂️

Luckily, shoulder didn't hit the ground and we still had a great time.  The drain in the middle of kitchen got some use, and a few towels sacrificed themselves to the BBG gods.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Just got home from trout packing.  Went to cohutta wilderness with oldest son.  Hiked in nearly three miles to fish wild browns.  Water conditions weren’t great.  I got skunked.  He caught a couple.  Great hike.  Hiked out in a thunderstorm.  Yes, I checked the weather before we left.  20% chance which is the copy paste forecast in north Georgia summer.  Great walk in the woods. 

I barely remember the actual fish I caught while spending time with my dad.  I mostly remember just the time together.  You have some very lucky children.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Not really complaining that I’m blocked from finishing put together a new office chair.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Acn said:

Not really complaining that I’m blocked from finishing put together a new office chair.
    Typical manager.  Say they are here to help, but you see the results.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Watching 60 Minutes

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Just watched Jays vs Twins on PVR. What a wild 10th inning. Two challenges in Jays favour and a Twins base running goof, sorry for your loss @WeberWho 😉
    canuckland
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Just watched Jays vs Twins on PVR. What a wild 10th inning. Two challenges in Jays favour and a Twins base running goof, sorry for your loss @WeberWho 😉
    Yeah that last call was a bunch of bull..... 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Let's just say the stars lined up for the visitors.
    canuckland
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Let's just say the stars lined up for the visitors.
    To be honest I'm happy we split the series. I didn't have a good feeling going into it. I'm dreading the next series against the Dodgers. I'll take a split any day compared to the beating we're about to take. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Trying to figure out how to reverse a 3 trillion dollar charge that my son put thru on our point of sale system.  I ain't paying taxes on that.  It went thru the overnight batch cycle so it's more complicated than it should be.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Has @nolaegghead been around lately?  Miss the cooks and purchases!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Has @nolaegghead been around lately?  
    Don’t quote me on this but he is probably busy counting his money. That would definitely take considerable time. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Trying to figure out how to reverse a 3 trillion dollar charge that my son put thru on our point of sale system.  I ain't paying taxes on that.  It went thru the overnight batch cycle so it's more complicated than it should be.  
    Oh my!  Just the CC fees on that must be astronomical!  That is hilarious and terrifying that it went through.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Selling to the government now..

Nicely played, sir..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @kl8ton- Good luck with that.  As @Ozzie_Isaac said, how does the system even allow that to happen?  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @kl8ton- Good luck with that.  As @Ozzie_Isaac said, how does the system even allow that to happen?  
    That's a good question. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    lousubcap said:
    That's a good question. 
    You took out the entire Egghead Forum.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Elon’s ancestors?

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    No right now but pulled 382ft of 12 strand fiber today to a new IDF.  Working for a utility and having access to a cherry picker makes it pretty nice. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Checking to see if the forum is back.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.