Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,118
    edited August 2022
    Options
    SGH said:
    Bought a tuned 1911. If I had Ron’s, Ozzie’s or brother Caps money I would of bought 10 of them 45 years ago. 

Beautiful pow-pow you have sir. I love skeletonized hammers.  I expect your prodigious pipe laying has afforded other goodies inside that wonderful frame.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Trying to explain to some coworkers how we poll meters on the smart grid using the existing power lines. I think I lost them when I started explaining we essentially create a short on the power line near null voltage that results In binary communication from meters to HQ. Each meter is polled every 30-45 seconds. If a meter goes offline it will start polling it’s neighboring meters creating a very detailed outage report. #technology
    Sounds like you’re happy with your power line carrier system.  We looked at those, but with our rural customer base and 187 substations in 44 counties, it would have been challenging.  Especially considering we meter both electric & gas.
    So we went with a Sensus microwave system, and 80 new towers. 
    We have RF deployed as well. We’re the largest coop in Indiana but only serve ~30k over 7 counties. 
    Midwest is the largest Coop in Kansas.  We had 50k electric meters, and 50k gas meters. And a Transmission system with 1000 miles of line, and 10,000 miles of distribution.  And a really crappy gas system that always lost money! 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Wondering if @CPFC1905 will be recovered from a Women’s Euro celebration in time to provide pithy predictions prior to the EPL kickoff Friday evening.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Building a paver patio to put the hot tub on. 110”x95”. Dug about 6” deep. Then shoveled about 2,300lbs of AC6 for base fill. 

Looks like work!
     Are you putting down some sand or AG lime over the CA 6? It’s just easier to get the fine stuff graded precisely. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,305
    Options
    Building a paver patio to put the hot tub on. 110”x95”. Dug about 6” deep. Then shoveled about 2,300lbs of AC6 for base fill. 

Looks like work!
     Are you putting down some sand or AG lime over the CA 6? It’s just easier to get the fine stuff graded precisely. 
    And use a vibratory tamper  while it’s wet. I’ve used crushed limestone for bases for pave stones and concrete travel lanes at work in the past. Needs sand swept over the pavers after you lay them.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

Looks like work!
    I was going to go with the leveling sand but the guy at the brick and stone place recommended AC16.  No need for the use of an edging to hold it in and don't have to worry about it seeping out over time.  And yes I will be renting one of those jackhammer style tampers.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,305
    Options

Looks like work!
    I was going to go with the leveling sand but the guy at the brick and stone place recommended AC16.  No need for the use of an edging to hold it in and don't have to worry about it seeping out over time.  And yes I will be renting one of those jackhammer style tampers.
    The vibratory ones work better.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Plate compactor 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I see octoberfest beer on shelves now.  We're headed in the right direction beer-wise. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Moving my pickles from the crock to the fridge.  
    Nice !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I see octoberfest beer on shelves now.  We're headed in the right direction beer-wise. 
    Too bad it's still 98 degrees here right now.  I am so over this summer. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    Acn said:
    Wondering if @CPFC1905 will be recovered from a Women’s Euro celebration in time to provide pithy predictions prior to the EPL kickoff Friday evening.
    1) Just about.  I think it was the lack of histrionics and ego on the pitch that tipped me over the edge.  Plus the hitherto unknowable that a crowd can be supportive and present solely for enjoyment. 

2) By pity do you mean long, vague and without any base in fact?  Then yes.

All I ask is that you read each prediction with Psalm 23 (4) rolling around your mind.  
    As Bill Shankly* famously said**; “Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.”

*Bill Shankly
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Shankly

**He possibly didn't, but who lets fact get in the way of legend?

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    Just changed the battery on my Outback. Now, I can’t seem to control any of the windows from the driver’s cluster, though they work via the controls of their respective seats. Ideas?
    Used to be things like adjusting the idle screw on the carb,  now it's coding new batteries and electrics that are super sensitive to voltage. 
    Similar issue on my Saab, just can't find the time and interest to sort it out.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Take the battery cables loose and let it sit for a minute to reset, I would try that @GrateEggspectations if you think the two are related.   Check your fuses, though I don't know if there is one for Drivers door window cluster.  Try slamming the door, if its loose connection, do the switches light up with the headlights on?   Other than that google is your friend.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Too bad it's still 98 degrees here right now.  I am so over this summer. 

that aint right, looking at 100 north of boston today, they picked today of all days to poison the lake to kill the weeds
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    Options
    Pre first day of school haircut for my son. Got one myself. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Take the battery cables loose and let it sit for a minute to reset, I would try that @GrateEggspectations if you think the two are related.   Check your fuses, though I don't know if there is one for Drivers door window cluster.  Try slamming the door, if its loose connection, do the switches light up with the headlights on?   Other than that google is your friend.
    Thanks. They eventually came back to life, one by one, with repeated play. I’m good to go again. 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Refrigerator shopping. Counter depth. Stainless. Internal water and ice. What cha got? Looking at a Bosch 800 series as the front runner. Waiting for a Labor Day sale hopefully 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited August 2022
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Refrigerator shopping. Counter depth. Stainless. Internal water and ice. What cha got? Looking at a Bosch 800 series as the front runner. Waiting for a Labor Day sale hopefully 
    All I will say is get a Whirlpool. We have had ours for 12 years and have only had to make one repair in that time for a minor issue. Every other brand on the market today all you hear are constant problems. Also don't get a smart fridge. The supposed added benefits outweigh the cost of having it s*it the bed on you.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Subzero 
    This would be my pick. Unfortunately, availability sucks. Also, kitchen renovation looming in 4-6 years. Layout and appliances will all be changed at that point in time 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    All I will say is get a Whirlpool. We have had ours for 12 years and have only had to make one repair in that time for a minor issue. Every other brand on the market today all you hear are constant problems. Also don't get a smart fridge. The supposed added benefits outweigh the cost of having it s*it the bed on you.
    The Electrolux we are replacing has been a giant let down. It’s the third one we’ve had replaced under warranty. It’s 8 years old. She’s favoring Cafe’ brand, Bosch and whirlpool 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    The Electrolux we are replacing has been a giant let down. It’s the third one we’ve had replaced under warranty. It’s 8 years old. She’s favoring Cafe’ brand, Bosch and whirlpool 
    15:10 ... He talks about refrigerators.

https://youtu.be/cRgbfxJ8MTQ
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    We were lucky when they built our house the plans included a cantilever into the garage so we could place a full size refer at counter depth (something I would have never thought of).  It is ridiculous they charger more money for a (smaller) counter depth refer. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2022
    Options
    We were lucky when they built our house the plans included a cantilever into the garage so we could place a full size refer at counter depth (something I would have never thought of).  It is ridiculous they charger more money for a (smaller) counter depth refer. 
    You should give that builder and designer a hug.  Full size fridges are wonderful.  If you need counter depth, then you have no other choice, so they stick it to you on price.  If you have full depth, you could use either size.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    You should give that builder and designer a hug.  Full size fridges are wonderful.  If you need counter depth, then you have no other choice, so they stick it to you on price.  If you have full depth, you could use either size.

It did not go unnoticed. Also the cabinet above is endless, they did space it off the wall a bit but still 24" deep and there are things up there I will never find again.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.